Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2011 4:28:24 AM EDT
Anyone have any idea how long it takes for the VA to get back to you after you apply for a CoE? I'm currently deployed, so I did it all online. Now, I only did it 3 days ago so I know I'm being impatient, but I'm just way too excited to put an offer on my first house.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:33:31 AM EDT
[#1]
got mine in about 6 hours.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:36:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I think mine was a week or two.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:38:27 AM EDT
[#3]
The mortgage folks who handled my loan took care of it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:43:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine was through USAA, so they already had most of my info.  Probably why it was so quick.  The wife and I applied at 11pm online, and we had it when we got up the next morning.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:50:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mine was through USAA, so they already had most of my info.  Probably why it was so quick.  The wife and I applied at 11pm online, and we had it when we got up the next morning.

Hmm, maybe I'll just keep going through the pre-approval process with USAA then. I was going to wait until I had my CoE in hand, but maybe USAA can give them a kick in the pants and speed the process up a bit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:57:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I ended up having to send the CoE twice to USAA, so hang on to yours once you get it.  We used the 'Home Circle' service where they recommend a realtor, and were very happy with him.  The process is a pain though, lots of emailing and faxing back and forth.  Near the end of the process we were just forwarding every new bank document and pay stub we received to them.  Our first house too.  USAA has approved lists of inspectors that you have to use, but this is a good thing.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 5:07:44 AM EDT
[#7]
You can request your CoE electronically on the VA website.  Once submitted, you will usually have it within 24 hours.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 5:11:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You can request your CoE electronically on the VA website.  Once submitted, you will usually have it within 24 hours.

Yeah, I did it through the VA eBenefits site 3 days ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top