Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/5/2002 5:17:09 PM EST
To all active duty service members who will be getting out: DO YOUR VA PHYSICAL AND THE PAPERWORK BEFORE YOU GET OUT!!!!! I did mine in Jan, and after a total of 90 days of extensions, finally got out of the USMC on June 22, after 11 years of service. My VA rep got her copy of my DD-214 on the following Thursday, the 27th of June, and by July 3, I had my disability determination from the VA (40% for both Knees and my hearing loss). The moral of the story is GET IT DONE ON AD!!!! They quote a timeframe of 30-90 days, but it can be done quicker. If you wait until you get out, it can possibly take up to a YEAR. Can a mod please tack this for the service members?? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:11:24 AM EST
Same story with me: Did ALL my paperwork/exams prior to leaving the Navy. I had my percentage calculated within 4 months of getting out. NOTE: They won't tell you your percentage until you are officially out!!! Even then, I had to wait 4 months!!! Tell all the active duty folks you know!!! This is such a great thing the VA does, it will spread by word-of-mouth like wildfire!!! mug
Top Top