Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2002 5:11:02 AM EDT
...found in email this AM...

I want you to close your eyes and picture in your mind the soldier at Valley Forge, as he holds his musket in his bloody hands. He stands barefoot in the snow, starved from lack of food, wounded from months of battle and emotionally scarred from the eternity away from his family surrounded by nothing but death and carnage of war. He stands though, with fire in his eyesand victory on his breath. He looks at us now in anger and disgust and tells us this...

I gave you a birthright of freedom born in the Constitution and now your children graduate too illiterate to read it.

I fought in the snow barefoot to give you the freedom to vote and you stay at home because it rains.

I left my family destitute to give you the freedom of speech and you remain silent on critical issues, because it might be bad for business.

I orphaned my children to give you a government to serve you and it has stolen democracy from the people.

It's the soldier not the reporter who gives you the freedom of the press.

It's the soldier not the poet who gives you the freedom of speech.

It's the soldier not the campus organizer who allows you to demonstrate.

It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves the flag, whose coffin is draped with the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag!!!

Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Excellent post!

Here is Gen. Washington in prayer at Valley Forge:
[img]http://www.whateveristrue.com/heritage/washp.jpg[/img]

Eric The(Thoughtful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:31:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:33:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 6:21:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Excellent post!

Here is Gen. Washington in prayer at Valley Forge:
[url]http://www.whateveristrue.com/heritage/washp.jpg[/url]

Eric The(Thoughtful)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Thank you, Eric,

This is an excellent picture of General Washington's so-called white horse. As you can see, it's light grey. The reason our countrymen all think it was white is because they only had black and white Televisions in their log cabins, and the horse looked white on the 5 O'clock news, hence it became known as George Washington's white horse.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 6:54:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I have that picture about 3'wx2'h on my dining room wall it's my favorite. It's also on the cover of an excellent book America's Providential History, a very good read. Check it out.
Kevin
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Outstanding picture Hun!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Who is George Washington?

Ohhh, he's one of [b]those[/b] "old dead white guys"...

According to the new world order history he is not praying (seperation of state/church) he is giving his horse a rest...[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 5:12:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top