Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2003 3:14:13 PM EDT
Cobra Patriot .45, made by Cobra Enterprises, formerly Republic Arms

Looks like a very no-frills, utilitarian gun. Very compact and shoots .45 ACP.

Here is a comparison against the Glock 36:

Glock 36
Ht: 4.76"
Slide length: 6.77"
Barrel length: 3.78"
Width: 1.13"
Empty weight: 20.11 oz.

Patriot:
Ht: 4.75"
Slide length: 6.0"
Barrel length: 3.0"
Width: 1.0"
Empty weight: 20.0 oz.

Here's a gunbroker listing. $180!

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=13842661

Photo may have distorted the gun's proportions.

Anybody with info? If it's reliable, then it looks to be a great people's gun.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have sold their derringers, but have never even heard of this.

Their derringers seemed to be well made.

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's an online user review:

Make: Republic Arms Model: Patriot Action: Double Action Caliber: .45 ACP
Rating:  
Review: Civilians possessing a permit to carry a concealed pistol or revolver share a common need for a reliable, accurate handgun with just the right combination of cabiber effectiveness and concealability of the weapon used to deliver the shots. The Republic Arms Patriot .45 came into my life shortly after I obtained my concealed carry permit. After having carried it in a concealed manner every day and after having fired over 1000 rounds through it at the firing range, I have found this gun to be an excellent fulfillment of this need. The Republic Arms Patriot .45 is now being manufactured by Cobra Enterprises and at this writing, comes in two slide finishes, a brushed stainless and a black melonite. The frame is made of a very strong polymer which is able to withstand extensive firing without any noticable wear to the frame or slide rails. The action is double action only and the trigger pull is long and stiff but after breaking in, the pull is significantly smoothed out, making any after market modification of the trigger pull unnecessary. The front of the trigger does have deep ridges which caused a little blister on my trigger finger when I first tried the gun. Light sanding of the front of the trigger with fine emery cloth quickly took care of that. The Patriot weighs 20 oz. unloaded and the factory magazines hold six rounds with seven round capacity magazines available. [b]It will also accept magazines made for a full sized M1911.[/b] It does not have a slide stop/release lever. However this aspect makes the gun very flat, sleek and easy to carry and conceal. Of course, it has a second strike capability so that if one needed to pull the second time on an undetonated cartridge, the trigger does not need to be reset by movement of the slide. The Patriot is designed to reliably feed hollow point ammo so that one's favorite .45 acp carry load should feel right at home in this pistol. The recoil of such an effective cartridge is mitigated by the superb ergonomics of the grip. It is not unpleasant even according to a few small framed women whom I know to have tried it. There is an integral finger groove at just the right angle for most shooters and the grip is long and narrow, avoiding the dangling pinkie syndrome so common to small handguns. With a little practice, one can expect consistent X ring hits at ten yards. It's not a target pistol but it will do what it was designed for and that is self defense for law abiding citizens. Carry options are many as it will fit well in holsters made for the Glock 26 or 27. The Patriot .45 was designed by Israeli gun designer Nehemiah Sirkis and is simple, reliable, tough and inexpensive, retailing for under $300.00.
Posted by: imported Date posted: 9/1/2003

[url]http://www.handgunreview.com/make.asp?make=Republic%20Arms[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top