Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2010 6:56:15 AM EDT
SALT LAKE CITY –– The state of Utah is offering to pay employers who hire people from one of two groups –– the young and the unemployed. The Department of Workforce Services is targeting both groups by offering employers a $2,000 bonus if they hire someone in those categories.
...The DWS hopes that getting people on unemployment insurance back to work will reduce insurance payouts and help reduce premiums...

do not sue me link

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:03:21 AM EDT
New York has a program where they are paying a portion of wages for people whose hours are cut.

I think it expired fairly recently though.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:03:27 AM EDT
How in the holy fuck is that not discrimination?  So if i am 30 and apply for a job and the pick a 25 yr old to hire for the bonus, i am just out of luck?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:10:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BIG_PAPA:
How in the holy fuck is that not discrimination?  So if i am 30 and apply for a job and the pick a 25 yr old to hire for the bonus, i am just out of luck?

Sucks when the shoe's on the other foot, eh?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:12:53 AM EDT

Are you on unemployment?

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:18:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Enigma102083:

Are you on unemployment?

Not yet.
Top Top