Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 1:42:06 PM EDT
Seems like every time I park my truck in a public place, somebody throws at least a soda can in the bed. One time at a ski resort, someone put several bags of trash in it. I went through it and found some envelopes and magazines with the same name on them, and gave them a phone call.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Few things piss me off more than when I find garbage in the back of my truck.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Few things piss me off more than when I find garbage in the back of my truck.  

Amen, although for me it is pretty rare.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Happens to me all the time.  Sometimes I don't know until I see trash flying out of the back of my truck on the highway.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:19:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, apparently some people are under that impression.  It happens to me too.  

It's right up there with my next door neighbor always throwing cigarette butts in my yard, driveway, etc.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#6]
In the true spirit of that wonderful Amerikan Lady Bird Johnson I welcome the trash in the back of my truck rather than destroying the natural beauty of our little green world.   PLEASE, PLEASE...DON'T BE A LITTER BUG!!!  

PS - every litter bit hurts.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Slight hijack but related

Whenever I place a dumpster on a jobsite it's like an open invitation to everyone in the neighborhood to get rid of couches, appliances, and just about every other imaginable thing. It pisses me off to no end.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That happened to me yesterday at Best Buy.

<snip>

I guess they finally decided to go try Comp USA!

Sweeeeet.  I wish I could catch the wifflenuts that do that to my truck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Tonneu cover (I think I spelled that right) is the best solution..

The only trash in the bed of my truck is mine and the trash of friends.....

The amount of beer and coke cans in the bed of my truck gets insane at times..... At one point I'd just let it fill up and drive to the recycling place.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#10]
So?

Maybe it was their girlfriends soda can and hense not really their responsibility?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So?

Maybe it was there girlfriends soda can and hense not really their responsibility?

Sgat1r5

I was waiting on this
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So?

Maybe it was there girlfriends soda can and hense not really their responsibility?

Sgat1r5

I was waiting on this

wasn't a long wait, was it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
So?

Maybe it was their girlfriends soda can and hense not really their responsibility?

Sgat1r5

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

It was either this thread or Rodent's other one.....wonder how long before it goes to the pit?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#15]
getting back on topic, the mexican yard workers used to put sticks and crap the mowers didn't want to run over, like rocks and cig butts, I stopped that shit really quick
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was either this thread or Rodent's other one.....wonder how long before it goes to the pit?

I don't get it. Got a link?
On another note, one time I was sitting at work on Saturday. The dumpsters had just been emptied the day before, so they were damn near empty except for incidental stuff.

I'm sitting there when all of a sudden I hear a BOOOOOM come from out back by the dumpsters. I peek out the window and see a soccermommie SUV by the dumpster. I figured the dizzy broad ran into it while crusing through the lot. So I'm about to go out there when I notice that they're unloading shit from the back seat into the dumpster. So I start heading out there to chew their asses for unloading their trash into our dumpster, and they drive off before I get there.

I go over to the dumpster to see what they've tossed out, wondering what the hell made that loud noise when it hit the empty bottom of that sucker. I peek in and there's some household junk... and a fucking BOAT ANCHOR! I don't mean one of those little Wal-Mart chunks of metal, either. That monster looked like it came off a tugboat!

I bet the trash truck driver was surprised as shit when he emptied that pig.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Seems like every time I park my truck in a public place, somebody throws at least a soda can in the bed. One time at a ski resort, someone put several bags of trash in it. I went through it and found some envelopes and magazines with the same name on them, and gave them a phone call.

....and?

Tell us about the phone call.  Hopefully you made them come get the shit out of the truck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I had a friend who had a jeep and often people would throw shit in it.  Once they even threw one of those beeper things you get at a restaurant while waiting to be seated, I found it and it started  beeping and I yelled bomb and scared the shit out of my 3 friends, those damn pussies
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Tonneu cover (I think I spelled that right) is the best solution..

The only trash in the bed of my truck is mine and the trash of friends.....

The amount of beer and coke cans in the bed of my truck gets insane at times..... At one point I'd just let it fill up and drive to the recycling place.

I thought the bed was use when the cab filled up?  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Get a tonneau cover...but seriously, WTF?!  Bastards.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
So?

Sgat1r5

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

....and?

Tell us about the phone call.  Hopefully you made them come get the shit out of the truck.

Yeah, what he said.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I thought the bed was use when the cab filled up?  

then where do you keep the full ones?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
So?

Sgat1r5

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

All you needed was the address.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

It was a long ways away, or I would have taken it back to them at their home.

I was very polite and kept a neutral voice: "John Smith? While I was skiing at Waterville Valley someone put your trash in my pickup truck. What would you think if I started dropping my garbage off on your lawn at 555 Main Street?"

It caught him off guard. I don't think he'll do it again. Or at least he'll take the envelopes and magazines with his name on them out first.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I would get some trash now and then, but a tonneau cover stopped it completely.  It even stopped me from throwing my own crap in there.  Hell, I even noticed an increase in my gas mileage.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was a long ways away, or I would have taken it back to them at their home.

I was very polite and kept a neutral voice: "John Smith? While I was skiing at Waterville Valley someone put your trash in my pickup truck. What would you think if I started dropping my garbage off on your lawn at 555 Main Street?"

It caught him off guard. I don't think he'll do it again. Or at least he'll take the envelopes and magazines with his name on them out first.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:41:05 AM EDT
[#33]
I dont get any that I recall.  I'll haul my own trash in it for a while until I come across a dumpster or something.  Right now I have 2 2 liter pepsi bottles full of oil in the back of one waiting until I can stop by a place that takes oil for recycling
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:48:18 AM EDT
[#34]
I guess a Ford Ranger doesn't rate as a real truck because in 3 years of owning one I can't recall anyone doing this to me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#35]
A tonneau cover will take care of that.  Cover the bed so prying eyes can't see.  But YMMV.  Since my dad has had his 97 Chevy C-2500, no one has thrown anything in his bed, but you can bet he'd be pissed about it.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:57:53 AM EDT
[#36]
mine is usually full of my own trash.  right now, i have a bunch of soda bottles and beer cans back there.  after a day of shooting, it'll be full of shotgun shells and empty brass too.  i'm fine with people i know tossing little stuff back there, but i want them to ask before putting anything else back there.  sometimes after we're hanging out, i'll find a buddy's whataburger trash back there...  that stuff blows out onto the road at the worst possible time - usually when there's a cop right behind me.

sometimes at school, people will put full drinks in the back of my truck.  one day, there was a bigass cup of coffee sitting back there.  right now, i have a big sticky spot where it looks like someone dumped their soda back there too...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:01:50 AM EDT
[#37]
I HATE when people do that, I dont have any probs when Im home but when i visit my mom or sister who both live in Apt's it ALWAYS happens
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#39]
I live in a barracks and in order to get to the dumpster you have to walk right through the parking lot.  It used to get so bad that me a few friends would get up early and go sit in our trucks and wait for people to try that shit.

Nowadays when you look at the parking you just see all the trucks on one side of the parking lot....away from the dumpster.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:15:50 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
So?

Sgat1r5

Stalker........
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#41]

This has never, ever happened to me.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#42]
use to happen to anyone that drove a truck in highschool. people would get done with whatever and toss there crap into the nearest truck bed. now ive only had it happen a few times in reno.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
So?

Sgat1r5

Oh shit!!! Here we go again.........Popcorn at the ready!!!.......
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So?

Sgat1r5

Too late ,ya missed it already.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So?

Sgat1r5

Too late ,ya missed it already.

You mean besides the 'dogshit' debacle??.....What'd I miss???.....

ETA: I just looked and realized this started 'yesterday'.  So the 'hostilities' must have passed or the cease fire was respected!!!!.....
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#46]
[liberalspeak]Nah...tough shit.

ITS NOT MY FAULT!

If I have garbage to throw away and there is no trash can on site... and your truck is open bed and available... guess what... YOU ARE HAULIN MY TRASH. Dont like it? SELL YOUR TRUCK!!![/liberalspeak]

I have a pick up truck and I have noticed other people's trash in there before I put a shell on it. I like your idea Rodent... if they leave their address on mail and ends up in my truck, Im calling!

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
You mean besides the 'dogshit' debacle??.....What'd I miss???.....

ETA: I just looked and realized this started 'yesterday'.  So the 'hostilities' must have passed or the cease fire was respected!!!!.....

Dammit! I am missing out here! I need a good chuckle, give me a link.

Throw me a bone here!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Exact same thing happened to a buddy of mine when he was a student at Texas Tech. He returned the trash to the originator - minus the bags. Those he stuffed up the asshat's tailpipe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top