Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2018 8:32:21 AM EDT
Any reason not to use a MicroSD card in the adapter card in a dslr? If the micro card has the same speed specs as a regular SD card, what would be the problem? Camera is the Nikon D7000 that would be used.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:49:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2018 9:12:27 AM EDT by Another-Bill]
You should have no problems, GoPro cameras and DJI drones use them.

Just curious as to why?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:56:36 AM EDT
I use an SD card in my Oly E-5. Sometimes its a microSD card in an adapter.

I use a SD card CF adapter (SD card in a CF adapter) in both of my Oly E-620s. Sometimes its a microSD card in a SD card adapter in a CF adapter.

No problems.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:16:24 AM EDT
I pretty much standardized on MicroSD and use them with adapters where needed (e.g. DSLR, point and shoot, etc.). No issues at all.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:34:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:48:45 PM EDT
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:04:36 PM EDT
If you open up a SD card you will find a microSD card inside.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 9:24:09 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shooter_gregg:
If you open up a SD card you will find a microSD card inside.
View Quote
Theres a picoSD card inside the microSD card... and inside the picoSD card there is a baby dolphin.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 9:04:11 AM EDT
I wouldn't do that. It's one moar electrical "connection" (connection between micro card and adapter) that can give u problems.

For the price of a regular decent quality sd card, I wouldn't chance it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 12:28:38 PM EDT
Invariably, I leave cards of all different sizes in my desktop card reader. Doesn't even matter that I usually have both CF and SD cards in my DLSR … I've still managed to leave both at home in the card reader. So, I've used the MicroSD cards in a pinch out in the field. They've worked fine, even when bouncing around doing rock climbing photography … but I can see how in some high vibration environments, some SD adapter cards might not have sufficient tension to properly retain the MicroSD card.

As far as throughput goes, they seem to be on par with the larger SD cards.

At last count, I've accumulated something like 600GB worth of MicroSD cards. That's represents a whole lot of "where exactly did I put those things?" right there.
Top Top