Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/11/2013 4:34:16 PM EDT
I have a company-issued iPad that I'd really like to have the ability to use with a full-sized bluetooth keyboard and mouse when I'm not mobile. There are plenty of options once the iPad is jailbroken, but even if I'm able to, I probably shouldn't do it on the work-issued device (or should I? ), so I'm looking for a workaround. Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 5:50:01 PM EDT

No dice?
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 6:21:16 PM EDT

A mouse would be substantially more practical when the iPad is docked in my office. There's some software loaded on the thing that is better than desktop/laptop versions, but really a mouse is needed if I'm going to make this work.

Again, it can be done via Jailbreak.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:26:50 AM EDT
If I buy an Apple TV, jailbreak that, and then mirror my ipad through the Apple TV, would that work?
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 2:40:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:30:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2013 3:32:08 PM EDT by FuriousYachtsman]
Originally Posted By Dano523:
Why the apple TV???

IPad jail broken to mirror out to a standard TV (cabled out or wireless dongle), and if you need more storage for movies than the ipad will hold, then Wifi router with USB NAS for movie storage to spool out of that with the Ipad being the control,and no need for another computer.

I am doing the same as above, but do it all off my Iphone instead.

You're not listening.

Again, from the thread title: Use bluetooth mouse with iPad w/o Jailbreaking
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:43:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2013 1:45:47 PM EDT by Dano523]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:02:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By FuriousYachtsman:
There are plenty of options once the iPad is jailbroken, but even if I'm able to, I probably shouldn't do it on the work-issued device (or should I? ), ?

Jailbreaking is legal,

So on that note, back up the Ipad in Itunes, then spend the whole 4 mins with Evasi0n to jailbreak the ipad.

First cydia app, Backup so you can back up all the Cydia apps that you load afterwards since I tunes will not back them up.

If you need to take the Ipad back to unjailbroken for any reason, put it in recovery mode, connect it to itunes, and it will restore the Ipad IOS back to un jailbroken, This completely reloads the IOS,and leaves no signs that the device was ever jailbroken.

If you need to jailbreak it again afterwords, then Evasi0n again, load backup from Cydia again, then hit restore and cydia back up will restore all the Cydia apps that you had loaded before you de-jailbroke it.

Hence,jailbreaking is putting the device into a state that you can do anything that you want with it, instead of it being hobbled/crippled by the chains of apple put on it, and the software that they allow to be run on it.

My reluctance to jailbreak has nothing to do with legality. I'm happy to jailbreak my own device (including an Apple TV if that would work); this one belongs to my employer and has a bunch of "proprietary" stuff on it. I merely want the ability to run a mouse.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:12:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FuriousYachtsman:
There are plenty of options once the iPad is jailbroken, but even if I'm able to, I probably shouldn't do it on the work-issued device (or should I? ), ?

Jailbreaking is legal,

So on that note, back up the Ipad in Itunes, then spend the whole 4 mins with Evasi0n to jailbreak the ipad.

First cydia app, Backup so you can back up all the Cydia apps that you load afterwards since I tunes will not back them up.

If you need to take the Ipad back to unjailbroken for any reason, put it in recovery mode, connect it to itunes, and it will restore the Ipad IOS back to un jailbroken, This completely reloads the IOS,and leaves no signs that the device was ever jailbroken.

If you need to jailbreak it again afterwords, then Evasi0n again, load backup from Cydia again, then hit restore and cydia back up will restore all the Cydia apps that you had loaded before you de-jailbroke it.

Hence,jailbreaking is putting the device into a state that you can do anything that you want with it, instead of it being hobbled/crippled by the chains of apple put on it, and the software that they allow to be run on it.

psssst: Jailbreaking legal for iPhones but not iPads
Top Top