Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2002 5:58:51 PM EDT
The French developed a Gas Mask in WWI that needed the fabric of the mask to be urinated on it worked as part of the filtering system.

It must be true the history channel staff Sergeant showed it tonight.

The french are soooo stinky
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Urine is remarkably effective at preventing the infection of open wounds.........
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 9:37:52 PM EDT
[#2]
That's R. Lee Ermey, a.k.a. Gunnery SGT Hartmann. "Your senior Drill Instructor". You unorganzed, grabasstic piece of amphibian s**t!
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw that also!  Very strange!
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Only the French could come up with something so stupid.

GAS! GAS! GAS!  Oh no I just took a piss! Oh well guess I die now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 1:14:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Only the French could come up with something so stupid.

View Quote

Maybe not so stupid.

The French would have been planning to pre-surrender long before there was any gas.

Once dropped rifles are the best !!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The French developed a Gas Mask in WWI that needed the fabric of the mask to be urinated on it worked as part of the filtering system.
View Quote

LOL !
Sorta like a 'wet' suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 5:04:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess thats where the French word,"[b]WEE WEE[/b]" came from?

Yeah..I know little French,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 5:29:35 AM EDT
[#8]
The humor is funny, but do any of you know anything about the French in the First World War?

French jokes in centering on Second are much more applicable...
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 5:37:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 5:38:32 AM EDT
[#10]
[:D]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 5:54:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Urine is the best remedy for jellyfish stings.  Gross but true.

Link Posted: 8/27/2002 6:25:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I would be pissed if gassed, I guess they French are too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's R. Lee Ermey, a.k.a. Gunnery SGT Hartmann. "Your senior Drill Instructor". You unorganzed, grabasstic piece of amphibian s**t!
View Quote

R. Lee Ermey: Anybody know who Lee Harvey Oswald was? Private Snowball?
Snowball: Sir, he shot Kennedy, sir!
R. Lee Ermey: That's right. And do you know how far away he was?
Snowball: Sir, he was pretty far. From that Book Suppository Building, sir!
(laughter)
R. Lee Ermey: Alright, knock it off.

[url=http://161.58.5.90/fmj/supsitry.wav]Link to .wav file[/url]

Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#14]
YA MAX-POWER.... "Urine is the best remedy for jellyfish stings. Gross but true"

I like the show "FRIENDS" too!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#15]
The French do make a rifle that I would like to inventory. [url]www.world.guns.ru/sniper/sn47-e.htm[/url]

As far as pissing on something and putting it on your face....seems so low tech.

I am sure perverts that watched the show are calling surplus stores all across America to order a mask for their girlfriends, sex always sells don't ya know..  [:D]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Urine is the best remedy for jellyfish stings.  Gross but true.

View Quote

You got that from "Friends" didn't you?  Doh't, I guess I just admitted that we both must have watched that episode !  AHHHH!!  I hate that show!!!!  If it didn't come on before the Simpsons, I would never have seen it.  It's all my wife's fault.[:D]

I'm so embarassed![whacko]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
YA MAX-POWER.... "Urine is the best remedy for jellyfish stings. Gross but true"

View Quote

You freely admit this? (grin)

Tell me you have some excuse!

Also, damn you for getting your post out first!  You make me look like a copy-cat!  I totally skipped right over your post.  Sorry!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The French do make a rifle that I would like to inventory. [url]www.world.guns.ru/sniper/sn47-e.htm[/url]

As far as pissing on something and putting it on your face....seems so low tech.

I am sure perverts that watched the show are calling surplus stores all across America to order a mask for their girlfriends, sex always sells don't ya know..  [:D]
View Quote

Armalite also makes a rifle that uses .338 Lapua ammo, called the AR 30 (Smaller version of the .50 cal. BMG AR 50), but it doesn't look quite as cool, but it may be less expensive.  Check it out if you haven't already seen it.

[url]http://www.armalite.com/sales/catalog/rifles/ar30.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Also, damn you for getting your post out first!  You make me look like a copy-cat!
View Quote

The weird thing is, urine [b][u]IS[/u][/b] one of the best remedies for jellyfish stings.

It's the ammonia content.

Windex will work, too, and offers decent relief from fire ant stings, too.

the_reject
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I wonder what the French use the common fart for ?

Why do the French plant trees along both sides of the roads ?

So the Germans can march in the shade !
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Also, damn you for getting your post out first!  You make me look like a copy-cat!
View Quote

The weird thing is, urine [b][u]IS[/u][/b] one of the best remedies for jellyfish stings.

It's the ammonia content.

Windex will work, too, and offers decent relief from fire ant stings, too.

the_reject
View Quote

Oh, I know.  I just had to give you some crap about it.  All in good fun, of course.

Yeah, some old Marine guy told me that the Green Berets train for all kinds of intresting survival things using urine ie, anaseptic, and if you're outta water, YUCK!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top