[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 11:42:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I already posted about this, and replied to my own thread three times, but nobody cared to respond.  Who knows.
This one seems rather important.
View Quote

I didn't see your previous thread either.

But now i've seen this one!
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 12:36:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I am sure it will be more than acceptable if endorsed by a republican marketing the ICC with a catchy "let's roll" type of phrase.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 4:48:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't know ... do you think the sheep will stand for this like they have for a hundred other cuts to our freedoms?
View Quote

Sure, why not?? We already consent to "strip searchs" at airports, "checkpoints" (papers please), looking for drunks, "Military Tribunals" for "terrorists". It's ok to bring Milosivic and others before an international court, what makes us so special??
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 4:55:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 5:11:04 AM EDT
[#10]
What can we do to show our support for H R 4169?

Should we start sending letters and call our representatives?

I'm not sure how this works so give me some advice and I'll certainly do my part
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 5:21:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 5:41:05 AM EDT
[#12]
[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sheep.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#13]
GW Bush and Colin Powell are big fans of the UN.

What a Goddamned shame for us all.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#14]
DoubleFeed - No one responded to your post because, I believe, there are few if any who understand the ramifications of this and other proposed agenda's of the UN.
The UN has endorsed many actions that are designed to trample all resistance. They have been involved in massacres such as those we saw in Africa. They are involved in tax programs designed to drain all but a select few. It is all done in the name of peace and the good of all mankind and endorsed by mainstream politicians and the media.
There are few who understand what is going on and the rest believe what they are told and take it as the truth.
Machievelli prescribed that if you tell a lie enough times it becomes the truth. It has been the philosophy of all governments since that time.
To put it bluntly we are in a world of hurt with little chance to overcome.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 12:20:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
DoubleFeed - No one responded to your post because, I believe, there are few if any who understand the ramifications of this and other proposed agenda's of the UN.
View Quote

Those that don't understand immediately start in with the stupid "black helicopter" crap comments. Oh well, I guess that they are the "reality" tv programs target audience.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#16]
I think this ICC is a terrible idea.  My contracts professor brought up this topic last week when we were talking about international law.  He also thought it was a crummy idea and said that his understanding of GWB's position was that if US soldiers were charged with "war crimes" the US would liberate the "prisoners."  I don't know if this really is the case, but would like to keep informed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#17]
first thing's first, wealcome Fian, it is always nice to see a new face around here.

now this kangaroo court CAN AND WILL imprison you and me for simply owning firearms, regardless of weather we allow them to register them or not.

this is seriousely bad news. god forbid the come to my house, but if they do GOD HELP THEM, AND ME....
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Hmm. "Hauling" inferrs some cooperation on the part of the cargo, and those origionally posessing it..

A similar thread involving the "arrest" of GWB by Mexican troops was amusing.. Seems were that to happen, we'd have to posess a certian central american country again..

Consider the ramifacations.. A U.S. president, soldier, or national is siezed, without due process by foreign troops.. This is known as abduction, or kidnapping by most reasonably educated persons..

Dependent upon the administration at the time of the crime, one could expect anything from a bit of whining, (Clinton) to a possible full out invasion, posession, and control of said country, and repatriation of siezed U.S. Citizens.(Theodore Roosevelt..)

Also, imagine the dismay countries such as those dependent upon U.S. aid would experience, if the U.S. in a fit of revenge told the U.N. to "Pack Sand" and withdrew funding.. One might see Canada, England, and a few other NATO countries not only protesting this "arrest" but going so far as to sever diplomatic relations with countries involved. Money talks, Bullshit walks.

Last consideration is regarding the location of the U.N.itself..
Regardless of what diplomatic immunity may represent, that building is still upon United States territory. I doubt even the most jaded NYPD, FBI, or other policing agency would fire upon a large group of American citizens demanding the release of an illegally held citizen. Were foreign troops to be used for this, war would likely ensue.

Regardless of how Clinton, and others have seemingly emasculated this nation, we still seem to be the arsenal of democracy..Pissing upon the keeper of the arsenal is hardly wise..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#19]
[url]http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe the whole American public,I mean working people, refuse to pay taxes.They can'tr arrest all of us. Money is their blood,so if we sever the artery  and disrupt the flow of cash to the un ..........hel that is fwr fetched. Well we can all wipe our asses on CNN with the un flag!
    [flag][moon]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 5:15:46 AM EDT
[#21]
"On his last day in
office, former President Clinton signed his name to an agreement
which authorized the ICC, a global court which was officially
instituted at the United Nations headquarters on April 11, after the
60th nation signed the treaty."

"The ICC will be able to second-guess almost any decision our country
makes"

"they have even erected a statute of a
gun with a barrel twisted into a knot in front of their New York
headquarters. To be sure, the UN has demonstrated its hatred for
civilians owning guns in a myriad of ways."

[b]Clinton is considering taking on the early show in New York I hear....  Will we ever rid ourselves of him?   [/b]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top