Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2012 1:21:36 PM EDT
Can I, as a Canadian, ship a complete US manufactured AR15 upper receiver, from Canada to the US, without permits? I know we can receive these parts from you guys without Canadian permits, but does it work the same way in reverse? With the demand down south, it might be an idea.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#1]
There could be a few potential issues:

1st- The importer, including an individual importing for personal use, would need to get a form 6 approved prior to importing that item since it does not meet the exempt criteria of small parts with a wholesale value of $100 or less. Filling out and submitting a form 6 is not difficult in and of itself

BUT

2d- The barrel ban. I don't believe that the barrel would be importable, since the receivers and barrels of non-importable firearms are generally prohibited from importation. (Which is why AK, and other, parts kits now come with either no barrel or butchered barrels now)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top