Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2001 6:03:12 PM EDT
A local estate auction is selling the "remainder of his collection" Well the remainder of this fellows collection is about 50 guns. Man do I wish I had a big stash of cash right now, of interest to me was a winchester model 12 trench shotgun w/matching winchester bayonet, winchester m-1 garand and a general motors m-1 carbine. Anyone wanna guess what these will go for tomorrow??  My wife is interested in an italian double barrel .357 pistol[%|][BD] I would have loved to seen his collection before he passed away. This guy was totally set up, there is literally tons of ammo including 200 pounts of lead shot!! Wish me luck that I don't break the bank:)

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Me again.  You might get a very pleasent surprise, with that large a volume maybe the mojority will spend their cash early in the day, leaving some bargains later on, especially if the auctioneer doesn't go too fast (fatigue factor).  How about an update tomorrow night?  Bet the ammmo will be the best buys.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#2]
bj, i'll keep ya informed when I get back, I'm taking the worst person with me to be buying a gun, the WIFE!! She doesn't play devils advocate and loves firearms as much or more than I do.

later
idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The auction was CRAZY!! Unbathed Bubba's abounded.  To start it off I ran into 2 class 3 dealers who had driven over 120 miles to attend the event, while discussing the trench gun with them they clued me onto the fact that the model 12 trench gun was a reimport and not worth as much. One of the dealers has a 1943 trench gun in %60 shape for $800 that I'll probably snap up.  

While the auctioneer explained each of the guns before the bidding opened he showed a fountain pen gun that was to be auctioned off. Can anyone say JAILTIME! One of the class 3 dealers clued the auctioneer in and the pen was pulled from the sale and later destroyed since it was contraband. Funny thing is this was a retired police officers estate sale[}:D].

Here's some of the prices paid, most by one bidder on the phone.

winchester pump .410 shotgun $1900
winchester pump .410 shotgun $1700
general motors m-1 carbine $800
winchester m-1 garande(looked to have been drug behind a truck) $975

model 12 trenchgun with matching winchester bayonet $1950

springfield 1903  $375 (i would have bid but my friend wanted it)

civil war trapdoor musket $1200 (I couldn't believe this didn't bring more)

1854 colt navy revolver with LONDON stamped on the barrel. $1300 ( i really thought this would bring more)  

Lot's of other guns that I can't remember but they all brought huge prices that were out of my league. My wife however bought a fairly clean 1937 hitler youth knife to add to her collection.  I couldn't stay for the entire auction and missed out on a box of 10 glock hi-cap mags and a box of intert grenades and mortars including an m1a practice rifle grenade.

idaho-ar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top