Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/26/2004 6:52:46 PM EST
Last year I posted about adding a .75 gph mister to my window AC unit. One year later there is no scale build up or mold/slime. The filter I purchased to take out the calcium carbonate buildup should last two years, so I would need to replace it next spring.

So far this is a resounding success. No doubt we will see misters added to all AC units in the immediate future.

One problem: the willow trees this year had a very heavy 'willow' dump. The inside of the condenser coils looks like a fuzzy sweater. I cannot reach this to clean it off, and have been considering filling the hose, and thus using the mister to dispurse, some kind of cleaner that would disolve willow fluff. What can I use? Lye? Hydrochloric acid? Tri-nitro toluene? Astrolite 1-5-A? Anhydrous hydrazine? There is no way to brush or get this stuff off mechanically.

Thanks,
-Ngog
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:58:39 PM EST
I have dogwood trees by me and the fins always get covered.I just take and spray the fins off with a hose,I just spray through the air vent from inside to the outside.I do this on the central air unit and the little window ac unit.
Top Top