Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 4:25:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I pray that she and her family find the peace they are looking for.
God Bless.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:22:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Prayers for all
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I pray that she and her family find the peace they are looking for.
God Bless.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:46:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Prayers sent.  

Edit, this is catasomething...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Prayers sent.

This is always so sad to hear; a friend of mine went through the same thing a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#7]
How sad is that.  I could not imagine going through that with my little one.  Those parents must be very strong.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayer sent, but I really wish I had not clicked the link.  I can take bad things that happen to adults, but never children.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Prayer sent, but I really wish I had not clicked the link.  I can take bad things that happen to adults, but never children.

Hey wedge, I know what you mean. I have been following her story for a couple mths now. Checking her daily report every morning. It's really hard especially when you have one of your own at home. All I can do though is offer support in prayer, ask others to do the same. Especially hug my lil one extra tight when I lay him down at night. I know you'll do the same with your lil angel.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey wedge, I know what you mean. I have been following her story for a couple mths now. Checking her daily report every morning. It's really hard especially when you have one of your own at home. All I can do though is offer support in prayer, ask others to do the same. Especially hug my lil one extra tight when I lay him down at night. I know you'll do the same with your lil angel.

I am counting down the min. until I can leave work.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#12]
do we know this family?? that made me cry... i used to want to work in a nursery, but remembered all babies arent healthy...anything  (other than prayers) we could all do for the family??
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Okay...I did not need to see that.

Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I need to say thank you to you guys for the support I know is coming from this site, for someone you never heard of and don't know.
MrsBRF. This lady is a member of another message board I frequent. I have followed her story for awhile now.
At this time, besides prayers, the family isn't asking, but will need help with financial issues with Allies treatments and such. Another member of our board came up with this idea, if you feel comfortable writing a letter to Oprah, I know it would be much appreciated. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, I understand.
Thanks again for all the prayers.

"Message: Please email Oprah; From: queenliz (Original Message) Sent: 9/10/2004 9:26 PM
I did and asked that they consider granting Allie a "dying wish" by helping out her parents financially so they can move on with their lives, honour Allie and have more beautiful children. With all these things there is power in numbers. Just go to www.Oprah.com and then go to there "WE Hear you section".

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#16]
May I suggest that anyone who feels compelled to help, could always donate to a charity/reasearch fund in her name.  I've had to do this for a friend, it sucks like hell but it lets you feel like you've done something rather than nothing, kwim?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I need to say thank you to you guys for the support I know is coming from this site, for someone you never heard of and don't know.
MrsBRF. This lady is a member of another message board I frequent. I have followed her story for awhile now.
At this time, besides prayers, the family isn't asking, but will need help with financial issues with Allies treatments and such. Another member of our board came up with this idea, if you feel comfortable writing a letter to Oprah, I know it would be much appreciated. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, I understand.
Thanks again for all the prayers.

"Message: Please email Oprah; From: queenliz (Original Message) Sent: 9/10/2004 9:26 PM
I did and asked that they consider granting Allie a "dying wish" by helping out her parents financially so they can move on with their lives, honour Allie and have more beautiful children. With all these things there is power in numbers. Just go to www.Oprah.com and then go to there "WE Hear you section".

done and i feel quite good about it!

maybe each state interested could have a special shoot in her honor...and have sort of a small  consessions stand and have all the $ or profit go to the scotts?? (just an idea...)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Prayers inbound.......damned shame anybody has to go thru that. May God bless the little child, and grant the parents strength to get thru this.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:33:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:01:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Very sad to see the update, yet glad she has passed the time of struggle and made it to heaven. More prayers sent for the parents and all.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:09:43 AM EDT
[#21]
She is in a better place and in no pain now. Still breaks my heart to see young children suffer.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:12:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I read the story from the site and trying not to tear up.  There's nothing worse than pediatric disease and illness.  Prayers inbound.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm happy for her......she's so much better off now than we can imagine.

But I can't imagine the hole she left in her family's hearts.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#24]
 I am crying for her family right now, but rejoicing that Allie has left behind the pain she was feeling.  I will pray for her family to find strength and peace.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#25]
i feel like i lost her....i cant stop crying....i was cursed wiith being so sensitive and getting soo easiily attached...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Damn . . . not much makes me cry, but THAT made me cry.  That poor family.  Prayers sent.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Oh crap, I'm gonna go hug my boy now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#30]
I made a complete idiot of myself in the other thread.

Please forgive me, everyone who was hurt or offended by the insensitive things I said.

I'm an idiot, and I deserved the verbal lashing I got.

Wrong time.

Wrong place.

Bad choice.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Worst of all a horrible witness the the Christ I aim to serve.

I apoligise to everyone affected.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Please forgive me, everyone who was hurt or offended by the insensitive things I said.

Wrong time.

Wrong place.

Bad choice.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Perhaps, in the future, you will learn to think before you post.  We can only hope.  

That is all I have to say.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Wrong time.

Wrong place.

Bad choice.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Thank you for the apology.  If I were you, I would consider making a contribution to Allie's family to make up for making light of her tragic, slow death that came way, way too young.  But that's just me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#33]
May she rest in peace. My prayers for her family. May they find peace.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#34]
my prayers are with you and your family,the loss of a child must be the worst  pain in the world........  I am  feel for you and pray for  you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Its not fair that things like that happen to children. i shed tears when i read that. i couldnt  live if i lost my son i dont see how people can make it through that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Its not fair that things like that happen to children. i shed tears when i read that. i couldnt  live if i lost my son i dont see how people can make it through that.

Same here.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:02:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Prayers sent from a father with 2 little ones.

Just remember that all of Gods children go to the BEST playground in Heaven . I hope that all goes well for the family of Allie.

God bless

Robo

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top