Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2005 6:59:33 PM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,157306,00.html

Fla. Girl Recalls Being Buried Alive

Monday, May 23, 2005

LAKE WORTH, Fla. — An 8-year-old girl who was raped and buried alive under rocks and concrete blocks inside a trash bin told a friend that the last thing that she remembered before passing out was her attacker towering over her.

But she said she awoke when she heard rescuers' voices, and wiggled her fingers to let them know she was there.

The girl, who was found by police seven hours after she was reported missing early Sunday, was hospitalized in good condition Monday and was talking with family and friends. The Associated Press does not identify alleged victims of sexual assault.

A teenage boy has been charged with attempted murder.

"She said the last thing she remembers is that he looked over her with these big eyes and then she said she went to sleep. She said she was waiting for us to find her," said 18-year-old Danielle Holloman (search), a family friend who calls the girl her sister.

"She said she knew we would come get her. That's why as soon as the police came, she wiggled her fingers," Holloman said Monday.

Police Sgt. Mike Hall (search) found the girl after climbing into a 25-foot-long trash bin and opening the lid to a 30-gallon recycling container. Inside, he saw the girl's hand and foot peeking out amid heavy concrete slabs.

Rescuers feared the worst, but the mood turned jubilant when they saw the girl's fingers move and realized she was alive.

"There's no doubt in my mind that this child would have been dead if he didn't find her. She was dehydrated and in rough shape with pieces of cement blocks on top of her and she was face down," Sgt. Dan Boland (search) said. "There was no way for her to get out on her own."

He said there must have been enough air pockets in the container to keep her alive.

Her disappearance rattled a state that had been outraged over the arrests of sex offenders in the separate killings earlier this year of 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford and 13-year-old Sarah Lunde.

The girl had been staying overnight at her godmother's house in this town about 10 miles south of West Palm Beach — where she often stayed on weekends when her mother worked. After police found her, she described her attacker — a teenage boy who also had been staying at the house, police said.

Authorities said Milagro Cunningham, 17, confessed and was charged with attempted murder, sexual battery on a child under 12, and false imprisonment of a victim under age 13, police said.

The teen initially told investigators that the girl may have been abducted by five men in a station wagon and that he followed them but they got away. His story then unraveled under questioning, Boland said.

Holloman said Cunningham's mother lives in the Bahamas and he had been staying with an aunt until she accused him of stealing and kicked him out about four months ago. He then went to live at the home of Lisa Taylor, Holloman's mother and the girl's godmother.

"He was a good person. He would clean and do chores, laugh and play jokes and stuff. We never thought he would do something like that," Holloman said. "The only reason I can think he went crazy like this is his father died and his mother didn't want him. Nobody wanted him."

The teen has a relatively minor criminal record, authorities said. He was on probation for throwing a rock through a car window.

The girl vanished from the bedroom she was sharing with Holloman's 1-year-old son. Her disappearance was discovered when Holloman and Taylor's other teenage daughter came home after a night of roller-skating, authorities said.

A half-hour later, Cunningham knocked on the door and the sisters found him with his shirt torn and his clothes covered with dirt. Investigators said that was when he started telling his story about the men in the station wagon.

"We believed him. We all believed him because we never thought he would do something like that," Holloman said.

After an Amber Alert was issued, neighbors poked holes in the boy's account and the attention began to focus on him. He initially said there were five attackers, then four and later two.

"When somebody tells you a story, sometimes things just don't add up and once you get deeper into it, the holes get bigger and bigger," Boland said.

Authorities said the girl was found far enough from any homes that no one would probably have heard if she had cried out. The trash bin was in a fenced-off former landfill behind a park where she often played with friends.

^ the attacker
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope they bayonet the fucker. Bullets are too good for him.

-Storm
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll hold my thoughts and squelch my voice on this one.

This shit is getting out of hand, happening far too frequently!

The child was found alive...but will be scarred forever.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#4]
In the interest of expediency, efficiency, justice and all that is good, go ahead and proceed with the public disembowelment of this PoS, while I try to figure out a way to express my feelings w/o violating the CoC.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#5]
In times like this, it is warranted to screw the CoC.... may this guy be denied at the gate by St. Peter and rot in hell.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:34:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
In times like this, it is warranted to screw the CoC.... may this guy be denied at the gate by St. Peter and rot in hell.

+1! (and then some)
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:44:28 AM EDT
[#7]

This has got to stop!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:41:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

This has got to stop!

I agree, but there is only one way & that is to send a message to the rest of them by the systematic rem@^&|l of their k**d in an expedient & heinous way. " Do it for the children"  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:48:22 AM EDT
[#9]
"The only reason I can think he went crazy like this is his father died and his mother didn't want him. Nobody wanted him."

Who cares, lots of people have a rough childhood, but they don't go around doing this shit.  The dude is a fucking SICKO.

HANG HIM
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:48:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh, how the Democrats will cherish this  guy....SAVE  Milagro Cunningham!!!!! He's 17, some day he'll be a convicted felon and they'll want his vote.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:49:30 AM EDT
[#11]
What is the CoC.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:52:16 AM EDT
[#12]
This is sick, but there was a guy on the news recently who raped a 4 MONTH old.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't care what anyone says, some people deserve death.....a painful, slow death.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

This has got to stop!

It has always happened and will continue to happen.  But, we need to kill the predators when they are caught.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#15]
We need to elect politicians who will pass laws putting people like this out of circulation permanently AND put people in the courts that will not permit vermin like this to go free
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:00:30 AM EDT
[#16]
get a rope...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:33:46 AM EDT
[#17]
 I could spend all day thinking of slow painfull ways to kill him , but none of them would  be slow or painfull enough  I hope he has a very well hung cell mate and another prisioner will take care of him in jail where he will never make it outside of the walls breathing
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:41:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Why is it, we hunt down and kill bears, mountain lions, sharks, etc. that kill people but we don't shoot these bastards on sight?  

In my mind, they are the same.  Animals without a soul that seek only to do harm unto innocent civilians.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I GOT AN IDEA......
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
"The only reason I can think he went crazy like this is his father died and his mother didn't want him. Nobody wanted him."

Who cares, lots of people have a rough childhood, but they don't go around doing this shit.  The dude is a fucking SICKO.

HANG HIM

In public. At noon.

Today.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Poor girl....

That THING pictured has 17 years old???? He looks late 20/early 30s....

I hope they sodomize him in jail!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:57:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What is the CoC.

Post of the day.

Milagro..... bury him in the trash can. Let him die slowly in a landfill.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#23]
he admitted to doing it- should be shot dead by now- whats the hold up?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#24]
He's a bahamian illegal.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:08:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Here, hold my beer and watch this....  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top