Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/5/2007 7:56:40 AM EDT
C ya BITCH!
Sorry if it's a dupe and I'm to lazy to find original thread.

Two months ago, after hundreds of people from across the country voiced their outrage, Casselberry police Sgt. Andrea Eichhorn dropped her lawsuit against the family of tiny, brain-damaged Joey Cosmillo.
It wasn't enough to save her job.

On Tuesday, the Casselberry Police Department fired her.

Related links
Stories about the police officer who slipped in water left by the rescue of a child injured by a fall into a pool
Her suit, filed Oct. 1 and abandoned Oct. 12, brought public ridicule to the agency, according to a memo from police Chief John Pavlis. It damaged the city's image and made people question whether they, too, might get sued by officers responding to 911 calls.

Eichhorn got what she deserved, said Richard Cosmillo, the boy's grandfather and guardian.

If she hadn't filed suit, he said Tuesday evening, "she wouldn't have been fired, would she?"

Police spokesman Lt. Dennis Stewart would not comment.

Eichhorn, 36, of Chuluota, a 12-year department veteran, was not available for comment.

Joey Cosmillo fell into his backyard pool Jan. 9. When his mother found the 1-year-old a few minutes later, he was unconscious and not breathing. She hauled him out, carried him inside and called 911. She told the 911 operator she thought her son was dead.

Eichhorn was the third rescuer at the house. She slipped and fell in a puddle of water in the hallway, near where officers were performing CPR.

She didn't see the water, she told police Lt. Ralph Mellon, who conducted an internal police investigation into the matter. She only realized the floor was wet, she told him, because when she fell and wound up on the seat of her pants, they got wet.

Later that day, she had a co-worker drive her to an emergency outpatient clinic. Doctors concluded she had broken a kneecap.

The city or its insurer covered all her medical bills, and although she missed two months of work, she didn't lose a single day's pay, according to the internal investigation.

Eichhorn sued because she was afraid she might wind up disabled, the city's insurer might reject her claims or that she would become a burden to her family, she told the department.

She and her attorney, David Heil, had tried for months to get money from the Cosmillos, but the family had ignored her claim, so on Oct. 1 she filed suit in state circuit court in Sanford, accusing the family of negligence.

The Orlando Sentinel published an article Oct. 10, and the outcry was immediate. The police department and city offices were inundated during the next several days with calls and e-mail from people outraged by the suit.

Judi Romboli, executive assistant to Casselberry's city manager, told Mellon that in her 14 years on the job, she had never had to deal with anything like it.

"No, nothing. This was the worst," she said.

Eichhorn was in tears and went home sick the day the article appeared, according to the investigative report. She stayed home the next day.

That same day, Pavlis placed her on a paid leave of absence and called for the internal investigation. Mellon completed it three weeks ago, concluding Eichhorn had violated several department policies, including damaging the department's image and filing suit without giving the police chief advance written notice.

On Nov. 19, Pavlis took away her badge and weapon, telling her he intended to fire her. She asked for a review and got it, but it did no good. On Tuesday, Pavlis fired her.

Eichhorn has 10 days to appeal.

Joey Cosmillo, now 2, suffered severe brain damage that day in the pool. He now lives in a home for profoundly handicapped children, unable to breathe or swallow on his own. His grandfather is hoping for a miracle.

"I don't want my Joey to live the way he's living for the rest of his life," he said. "I need my Joey to live and breathe the way other kids do."

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:58:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck that bitch.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Joey Cosmillo, now 2, suffered severe brain damage that day in the pool. He now lives in a home for profoundly handicapped children, unable to breathe or swallow on his own.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#3]
What a stupid ho.

Sounds to me like she should have never been a cop in the first place.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:02:39 AM EDT
[#4]
What kind of a woman sues a family for circumstances like that?!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#5]
This lady is a c*nt.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:03:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Greedy.

Medical is covered.
Pay is covered.
Probably disability is covered. Don't know for sure, but it is for me.

Someone smelled the bucks and got stupid.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Was getting a fat ass and didnt want to work any more.

Oh well, next
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Greedy.

Medical is covered.
Pay is covered.

I think this pretty much sums it up.

Gee, I wonder if all the guys who talked shit in the original thread about this will come back and post since she got canned for stupidity.  Or will they just ignore this one and live in their little world believing nothing happens to idiot cops that deserve to be fired.

I think I know the answer to that one.  Their version of the isolated incident defense.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#9]
No REAL cop would ever concider doing something like that!

She gives all police a bad name!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#10]
What a typical sueing American.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Good riddens beeotch!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Justice served.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#14]
That right there is the definition of a Pig. There's never enough in the trough for those kind.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Eichhorn was in tears and went home sick the day the article appeared, according to the investigative report. She stayed home the next day.

Oh good Lord, she fucking sued the grandparents of a handicapped kid and she's the one crying 'cause people think she's a money grubbing ho.  Well too damn bad, you reap what you sow.

Sadly, her union will probably win her appeal for her and she'll be reinstated.

Getting injured/maimed/disabled/killed is a risk you take when you put on the uniform as a LEO, no diff't than if you enlist in the .mil.

I worked for a while as a CO at a max. security prison.  I quit after a while when I concluded that my life and my mental health wasn't worth the meager $25,000 salary I was earning.  Every day I walked in there, though, I knew there was a chance someone was gonna slit my throat.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Eichhorn, 36, of Chuluota, a 12-year department veteran, was not available for comment.

God knows how much hell she must have put people through in those 12 years.  Someone that is screwed in the head like this lady must have a history of stupid shit that she has done.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Uhm... according to the article she slipped and fell on her ass.

How do you break a kneecap falling on your ass?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Even more on Andrea Eichhorn
Alert- Most recent post and news on Andrea Eichhorn can be found here.

She is the Knucklehead Central Florida policewoman who through her Knucklehead attorney filed suit against a family in Casselberry Florida. This a result of a 911 call Eichhorn responded to after a one-year-boy nearly drowned. The policewoman slips and falls causing her kneecap to supposedly break( Funny thing, she continued working). Through her shyster attorney, Eichhorn decided to sue the boy's family. The suit was dropped after a ton of public pressure that also led the City of Casselberry to suspend Andrea Eichhorn.

Today we learn much more about Eichhorn's sterling police work.

The Orlando Sentinel reviewed Eichhorn's personnel file last week, and it was unblemished, but on Thursday the city produced more records, showing she had been disciplined in 1998.

According to police records, Eichhorn had used a false name four times while working an off-duty job, something the Police Department concluded may have been a tax dodge designed to hide income. She was docked a week's pay, took a $40 pay cut and was banned from off-duty jobs for six months.
Sounds like Eichhorn tried to commit fraud back in 1998. Like so often happens with law enforcement, she got special treatment instead of getting her ass fired. Which would have happened to me or you if we did the same such acts.(Plus get prosecuted also)

I don't think Eichhorn's misdeeds end there. Yesterday while keeping up with this story, I noticed this post in the Orlando Sentinel's comments section.

I have worked with, and known Andrea for a number of years. I can no longer remain silent.Andrea may've "wrestled" a box of razor blades from someone, but what Casselberry P.D. isn't telling the press is how during an attempt to take subdue another person, she handcuffed an officer who was assisting her. This was on another call, but it actually happened. That's not all. Casselberry is slow to release her public record, because it's also full of negative stuff as well. Several years back, she was investigated for fraud and forgery by the F.D.L.E. for forging officers names to collect money on an off duty detail. The detail was a cash payout, and required officer signature for the company's tax records. She was signing other names so she wouldn't have to claim the payout on HER taxes. THIS IS PUBLIC RECORD!!!!!

How about her inter-department sexual liasons? Although never made public, she was known for being sexually involved with people who could further her career. She was caught having sex with an officer on the back of her patrol car which was parked in a lot off of Murphy road. This was never investigated, and was swept under the rug. While having an alleged affiar with the a Deputy Chief, she was promoted to Sgt. Was she the most qualified? Absolutley not, dating the Dept. Chief doeshave it's benefits. She started daing her current husband while he was still married( and had just had a baby ). By the way, she was still married as well. She is not a good officer, nor is she well liked at the department. Most people try to stay away from her.
Ask yourself this....Why was a Sgt, in the Investigation Division( which does NOT answer patrol calls ) at the Cosmillo home? Was she dispatched to the call, even though she's considered secondary to the patrol officers. What I mean, is that for her to be dispatched to that call, ALL roadway patrol officers, ALL traffic officers, and community service officers would have to be unavailable. So, that would mean somewhere between 10 and 20 other people, who would normally answer that call would have to be unavailable. Let's not forget that Paramedics were ALREADY on scene. So, was that the case, OR did she decide to go on her own? Dispatch logs are public record and should be investigated. If she went on her own, there was NO reason for her to be on scene. Following her lawyers logic of if the family had secured the pool area, there would've never been a puddle, if Andrea had not taken it upon herself to go the house, she would not have fallen. I urge anyone who wants to know more about her, to request her record of service from the City of Casselberry. It's ALL public record, and you have the RIGHT to see it. Don't take my word for it, see it for yourself."
You have to take all of what's written above with a grain of salt, because the poster is anonymous. The thing is, the post previewed(the part I put in bold face) what the Orlando Sentinel only reported this morning.

So is Andrea Eichhorn much worse than the Knucklehead she has proven herself to be? How many more revelations are out there and why is the City of Casselberry hiding them? The story of Andrea Eichhorn and the Casselberry Police Department may not be over yet. To me it looks like it is just beginning.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:31:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:32:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Why do I feel like my badge shines a bit better now without this leach dragging down my profession.

Travis
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Fuck that bitch.

I thought it then

I think it now

i hope she starves
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What kind of a woman person sues a family for circumstances like that?!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Quoted:

God knows how much hell she must have put people through in those 12 years.  Someone that is screwed in the head like this lady must have a history of stupid shit that she has done.

Another of the rare 1% it seems.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Even more on Andrea Eichhorn

Ask yourself this....Why was a Sgt, in the Investigation Division( which does NOT answer patrol calls ) at the Cosmillo home? Was she dispatched to the call, even though she's considered secondary to the patrol officers. What I mean, is that for her to be dispatched to that call, ALL roadway patrol officers, ALL traffic officers, and community service officers would have to be unavailable. So, that would mean somewhere between 10 and 20 other people, who would normally answer that call would have to be unavailable. Let's not forget that Paramedics were ALREADY on scene. So, was that the case, OR did she decide to go on her own? Dispatch logs are public record and should be investigated. If she went on her own, there was NO reason for her to be on scene. Following her lawyers logic of if the family had secured the pool area, there would've never been a puddle, if Andrea had not taken it upon herself to go the house, she would not have fallen.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:47:47 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

a POS woman
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Hey, I broke my kneecap at work, it's no fun.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

"I don't want my Joey to live the way he's living for the rest of his life," he said. "I need my Joey to live and breathe the way other kids do."

Poor child and family. Truely a tragedy.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
What a typical sueing American.

What we need here is some serious news "Balance".

Lets put this into perpective.

She sued.  I agree, she is dead wrong. No doubt about it.

The flip side of the coin
If Eichorn would have pulled the child from the pool into the house and the mother would have slipped and fell and injured her knee, YOU ALL KNOW SHE WOULD HAVE SUED !  

DD977GM2 has it right, typical lawsuit happy americans.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Money grubbing _____!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Andrea Eichhorn = 0  Karma = 1

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
She didn't see the water, she told police Lt. Ralph Mellon, who conducted an internal police investigation into the matter. She only realized the floor was wet, she told him, because when she fell and wound up on the seat of her pants, they got wet.

Just another isolated incident in the long train of isolated incidences of moronic po-po.

I move that Site Staff immediately delete this thread, so that no one would get the notion that there is something endemically wrong with the selection and hiring process in much of municipal law enforcement today.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Fuck that bitch.

And the idiot twat that left a 1 year old alone outside..... by a pool no less... Too bad when a child has to "pay Darwin"
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#34]
A tasing is in order.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#35]
She got a good measure of what she deserved for her actions. I have no sympathy for her and a tremendous amount for the Cosmillos. As an aside, here we see the media validated to a degree for bringing this case into the light so the public could be informed and act.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Bad things happen to bad people. Same thing happened to that idiot DC judge who sued for his missing pant.

Good!

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

a POS woman

+2
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#38]

Here she is.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Greedy.

Medical is covered.
Pay is covered.

Gee, I wonder if all the guys who talked shit in the original thread about this will come back and post since she got canned for stupidity.  Or will they just ignore this one and live in their little world believing nothing happens to idiot cops that deserve to be fired.

I think I know the answer to that one.  Their version of the isolated incident defense.

I'll post, I wasnt sure originally if medical was fully covered by her department. I think if she did it for monetary gain than that's crap,
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:39:39 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Greedy.

Medical is covered.
Pay is covered.

I'll post, I wasnt sure originally if medical was fully covered by her department. I think if she did it for monetary gain than that's crap,

Actually DLaw, I was talking about the other side of the argument who say nothing ever happens to bad cops.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:41:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Wow.  Just, wow.

Sometimes the system works.

(Like, when about a bazillion people jump on their asses...)

Anyhoo, happy day!

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#42]
She’s very lucky…

You see, I think it could be argued that her incompetence in slipping in a puddle of water delayed the treatment of the drowned childSo, she is liable for all the future medical expenses of that child. . (It would probably be a very weak case and wouldn’t actually be supported by facts or anything. But juries aren’t always all that concerned with facts.)

If I had been the family I would have countersued on just those grounds. I wonder who a jury would side with?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#43]

...Eichhorn sued because she was afraid she might wind up disabled, the city's insurer might reject her claims or that she would become a burden to her family, she told the department...

Hey! She was right!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Greedy.

Medical is covered.
Pay is covered.

Actually DLaw, I was talking about the other side of the argument who say nothing ever happens to bad cops.

Copy that
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Most states have statutes prohibiting officers from suing the citizenry for on-the-job injuries.  Maybe this state doesn't.  

All the filthy name calling does is reflect upon the immaturity of those posting.  They are probably the same morons and goof balls that complain when a valiant officer is killed in the line of duty by a bad guy and the bad guy cannot be sued by the deceased officer's estate.

The moderator should suspend those using profanity in this thread

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Most states have statutes prohibiting officers from suing the citizenry for on-the-job injuries.  Maybe this state doesn't.  

All the filthy name calling does is reflect upon the immaturity of those posting.  They are probably the same morons and goof balls that complain when a valiant officer is killed in the line of duty by a bad guy and the bad guy cannot be sued by the deceased officer's estate.

Oh boy!!!!

You're a man who has a "boyfriend". (Or multiple boyfriends)

Am I right????
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh boy!!!!

You're a man who has a "boyfriend". (Or multiple boyfriends)

Am I right????

Now, cut it out.  Leave "sweet cheeks" alone, or he(she) may cry!

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I was talking about the other side of the argument who say nothing ever happens to bad cops.

I didn't post in the other thread.  That noted, I think they might point to her activities related to lying so that she could pay less in taxes.

Since these actions were ostensibly illegal, it would seem that there was some degree of preferential treatment.  Indeed, it appears that she was promoted after those, and other, dalliances.

Finally, it appears that she was fired for this incident because she put the department in a bad light.

Given the alleged history of prior discipline, I predict reinstatement with backpay.  

That said, I'm glad the department did the right thing and fired her.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was talking about the other side of the argument who say nothing ever happens to bad cops.

I didn't post in the other thread.  That noted, I think they might point to her activities related to lying so that she could pay less in taxes.

Since these actions were ostensibly illegal, it would seem that there was some degree of preferential treatment.  Indeed, it appears that she was promoted after those, and other, dalliances.

Finally, it appears that she was fired for this incident because she put the department in a bad light.

Given the alleged history of prior discipline, I predict reinstatement with backpay.  

That said, I'm glad the department did the right thing and fired her.

I hope to hell you are wrong about the reinstatement.  The profession is much better without her or her type in it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top