Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/10/2011 1:53:17 PM EDT
West Allis, WI police have released a statement saying that incidents at the Wisconsin State Fair, where many witnesses say large groups of black men attacked white fair patrons, will not be prosecuted as “hate crimes.” TMJ 4 reports on the new information released by police:

“The police department issued a statement with details of arrests, saying ‘None of these incidents possessed elements that would compel the pursuance of a ‘hate crime’ prosecution.”

Witnesses reported attacks on the opening night of the fair that seemed to be racially motivated with young African Americans beating up white fair goers, but police say at this point there is not enough evidence to support such claims.”

The Blaze reported Friday on the mayhem that ensued at Wisconsin State Fair on Thursday night. Here are some accounts of what witnesses claim to have experienced:

“I had a black couple on my right side, and these black kids were running in between all the cars, and they were pounding on my doors and trying to open up doors on my car, and they didn’t do one thing to this black couple that was in this car next to us. They just kept walking right past their car. They were looking in everybody’s windshield as they were running by, seeing who was white and who was black. Guarantee it.”

“I saw them grab this wide kid who was probably 14 or 15 years old.  They just flung him into the road.  They just jumped on him and started beating him.  They were kicking him.  He was on the ground.  A girl picked up a construction sign and pushed it over on top of him.  They were just running by and kicking him in the face.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/update-cops-say-attacks-at-wis-state-fair-will-not-be-prosecuted-as-hate-crimes/
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
of course they won't be....
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuckin' shocker!
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Prosecutor is a pussy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Prosecutor is a pussy.

He probably doesn't want to get beaten up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Why do you care?  You're in Texas.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Some are more equal than others.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's only a hate crime when it's white on black. Duh.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Hate crimes are bullshit anyways. Laws should be colorblind.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Well fuck you very much, WI!

I'll schedule my fishing vacation somewhere else if it's gonna be like that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#12]
the folks that run the "system" just keep poking and pushing us in the chest smiling and saying "what the fuck are you going to do about it pussy,what the fuck are you going to do about it pussy, what the fuck are you going to do about it pussy".

Look at the officials in London telling the good folks to submit and how dare they defend.   When will the decent people go off and end this?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't even get started on Hate crimes .....
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

SERIOUSLY??

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#15]
They have to be yelling "I'm gonna kill you honky" whilst committing the crime.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately this is the truth
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, Big shock there.  

It's happening all over, will eventually come to a head when people start getting killed, and it becomes common knowledge.

Fortuneately I'm way far North of those happenings.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Fuckin' shocker!

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab344/MustardTiger2009/1283553846378.jpg

SERIOUSLY??

Thank you, MustardTiger
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Nothing compels the "pursuance" of any prosecution. The statement was a roundabout but truthful way of saying that the cops and the prosecutor don't want to charge hate crimes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Hate crimes are only for white defendants.

Silly cracker, Trix are for kids!
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
the folks that run the "system" just keep poking and pushing us in the chest smiling and saying "what the fuck are you going to do about it pussy,what the fuck are you going to do about it pussy, what the fuck are you going to do about it pussy".

Look at the officials in London telling the good folks to submit and how dare they defend.   When will the decent people go off and end this?

QFT
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I am so fucking shocked that they refuse to charge the urban yoots with hate crimes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#25]
i can tell you if this was a cop decision it was aided...guaranteed the dems, libs, ACLU, and NAACP.....all were on the phone with the police
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Sooner or later, the people getting beaten are going to get fed up with the broken legal system and do some prosecuting of their own.

Somebody needs to wring the necks of the cops and district attorney there before they become so delinquent and derelict in their duty that they allow something to start that they can't stop.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Thats why i carry. I already know the law won't help me, so i bring my own help.

" Rabbits out of the hole now boys, lets she if she jumps."

Bet the lose interest in starting a fight after that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#28]
If the identities of the attackers are established, can the Fed prosecute for civil rights violations based on the racially motivated attacks?

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes, why should anyone in Ohio have cared about what happened in Selma, AL back in the 60's.  It was in AL, after all, and not in Ohio.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#31]
I hate the whole "Hate crime" thing with laws anyway. But you know damn well if it was whites attacking blacks, it would be considered a "hate crime".
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Holder's policy is clear: he doesn't want anyone prosecuting "His people."
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I hate the whole "Hate crime" thing with laws anyway. But you know damn well if it was whites attacking defending themselves against blacks, it would be considered a "hate crime".

Fixed
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hey I care and  I'm not from Texas or Wisconsin.....so what about it. I'm glad the OP cares enough to post this. I find it odd that you worry about his interest in this matter.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#35]
The failure to prosecute is exactly why I hate the notion of "hate" crimes.  It creates a special class of people who receive greater protection of the law.  In my opinion, that is so fundamentally Unconstitutional that it should be struck down.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That about sums it up.

I however WILL NOT submit
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
West Allis, WI police have released a statement saying that incidents at the Wisconsin State Fair, where many witnesses say large groups of black men attacked white fair patrons, will not be prosecuted as “hate crimes.” TMJ 4 reports on the new information released by police:

“The police department issued a statement with details of arrests, saying ‘None of these incidents possessed elements that would compel the pursuance of a ‘hate crime’ prosecution.”

Witnesses reported attacks on the opening night of the fair that seemed to be racially motivated with young African Americans beating up white fair goers, but police say at this point there is not enough evidence to support such claims.”

The Blaze reported Friday on the mayhem that ensued at Wisconsin State Fair on Thursday night. Here are some accounts of what witnesses claim to have experienced:

“I had a black couple on my right side, and these black kids were running in between all the cars, and they were pounding on my doors and trying to open up doors on my car, and they didn’t do one thing to this black couple that was in this car next to us. They just kept walking right past their car. They were looking in everybody’s windshield as they were running by, seeing who was white and who was black. Guarantee it.”

“I saw them grab this wide kid who was probably 14 or 15 years old.  They just flung him into the road.  They just jumped on him and started beating him.  They were kicking him.  He was on the ground.  A girl picked up a construction sign and pushed it over on top of him.  They were just running by and kicking him in the face.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/update-cops-say-attacks-at-wis-state-fair-will-not-be-prosecuted-as-hate-crimes/

It's only a hate crime if it's white on black, not vice versa.  Didn't you know that?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#38]
My shocked face:
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#39]
WTF??

I read an awful book (yeah, that one ) several years ago, and agreed with most people saying it was paranoid racist garbage.  Now I'm beginning to wonder if it was some sort of prophecy.

Seriously... WTF is going on?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Prosecutor is a pussy.

May be. Or maybe he legitimately wants to protect his family.

Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Joke of a law is joke of a law.

GM
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#42]
My question is, did anyone seriously think that they would be
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#43]
in other news, the Black Panthers are preparing to stand watch over polling places in the 2012 election, with the blessings of Attorney General, Eric Holder.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Prosecutor is a pussy.

Just sayin'.

He's still a pussy.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Only white people are racist duh!

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Prosecutor is a pussy.

Just sayin'.

Also true.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

BANG! Problem solved. No need to prosecute at all.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Its only racist or a hate crime if a white person does anything to a black person.

A friend of mine got into a bar fight with a white guy. The guys black friend jumped in and got owned. My Buddy was arrested for a hate crime.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Hate crimes are bullshit anyways. Laws should be colorblind.

While you're 100% right, it doesn't change the fact that it is a law and it's not enforced equitably.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top