Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2002 3:48:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:13:12 AM EDT
[#1]
The officer made it home safely to his family that night.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:16:32 AM EDT
[#2]
That's all that really matters, right? [;)]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:18:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The officer made it home safely to his family that night.
View Quote

That's Agent. A fed. Not an officer...
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:19:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry Wave.  No aspersions meant to be cast.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:21:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:23:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe, JUST maybe some DRUNK,GEEKED UP A$$hOlE will meet him and his FAMILY headon in a SEMI and send him and all his offspring to the IMORTAL pits of HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:24:17 AM EDT
[#7]
No problem, since I see this quickly disintegrating into a bash session let's at least get it right FBI dudes are called "Agents". Regular patrol cops(The guys that actually give a shit) are known as officers/sheriffs. That's all. Sorry for the temporary hi-jack tatja. I'm out
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:25:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Maybe, JUST maybe some DRUNK,GEEKED UP A$$hOlE will meet him and his FAMILY headon in a SEMI and send him and all his offspring to the IMORTAL pits of HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

Huh?
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:31:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Huh?
View Quote

[:K]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:40:15 AM EDT
[#10]
The shooting was deemed rightous and the Agent was returned to duty.

The kid is out of the hospital but will still face several years of plastic surgery.

There will be a civil suit and the County is also still considering criminal charges against the [i]Agent[/i].
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:43:50 AM EDT
[#11]
They don't call 'em Speshul Agents fer nothin.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 4:45:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 5:15:03 AM EDT
[#13]
The local District Attourney already had a Grand Jury "no bill" the Agent. The bottom line is that the Agent got away with it and the only chance for justice is a civil suit (the Agent won't pay a dime - only the taxpayers will be hurt).
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There will be a civil suit and the County is also still considering criminal charges against the [i]Agent[/i].
View Quote

I thought "ajunts" were immune to local/state prosecution.  Wasn't that the case at Ruby Ridge?
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#16]
A cop frind of mine I met in grad school told me that in Texas, federal agents were not allowed to carry guns unless they applied for a concealed handgun license.  I called bullsit on that until he showed me in the Penal Code that federal agents were not considered peace officers authorized by Texas law to carry.

He further explained that most people (including most police) don't even know that, but even so it's tolerated as a professional courtesy.  He does not like the idea of feds carrying in Texas.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A cop frind of mine I met in grad school told me that in Texas, federal agents were not allowed to carry guns unless they applied for a concealed handgun license.  I called bullsit on that until he showed me in the Penal Code that federal agents were not considered peace officers authorized by Texas law to carry.

[(:|)]
View Quote

You were right to call BS on it.... No state can restrict the authority of Federal Agents to carry.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#18]
I am sorry Sgt...but that won't wash...Texas had a big discussion about where and when ANYONE could carry and it did apply to Fed's....And ask anyone in Denver about the application of FEDERAL law to the state level. They call it home-rule and do whatever they want to.
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Off original topic but from my understanding agents can carry in Texas under the color of federal law the same as if we (TX peace Officers) can file cases in state or federal court.  Them not being peace officers applies to federal agents being able to make arrests for state violations etc.. That is the way it way explained to me.  If state law prohibited feds from carrying firearms then the Border Patrol and Customs and everyone else would not be allowed to be armed when they stepped off federal property.  We all know that happens all the time.  Another thing do you really want to hassle all the feds for carrying?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top