Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2002 4:17:50 PM EDT
Isaac had an appointment with the ophthalmologist on Wednesday.  The residual blood that had remained in his eye after surgery has dissipated.  His retina appears to be healthy - at least what they can see of it during the little time that he doesn’t move his eyes.  To help strengthen his weak eye, he will have to wear an eye patch on his good eye for several hours a day.  He will probably have to wear it for a number of years.  This bothers me a lot more than any of the other things that have happened.  I’m already getting weary of explaining to people why he’s so tiny at three months of age (it’s a little too soon in life for him to lie about his age).  I can imagine how exhausted I’ll get of having to explain that there’s nothing wrong with his eye (at least, not the one that the patch will cover).  I thought that I would make it more fun for him when he's a toddler by drawing pictures on the patch.

In the meantime, his father is driving me crazy.  His other ex-girlfriend won't have anything to do with him any more, and he's decided that his second choice (me) is better than nothing at all.  He's been calling me every day at work to tell me that he wants me back, that he's going to change.  I'm afraid that I'm going to have to be rude with him.  Trying to politely tell him that it's not going to happen doesn't seem to work.  I told him yesterday that I don't respect or trust him.  That didn't stop him from calling me today to ask if he could take me out for dinner and a movie.  I told him that I after the things he's done, I don't even like him.  I don't enjoy spending time with him, so subjecting myself to the displeasure of his company isn't something that I would consider.  He still didn't comprehend.  He just told me to think about it.  Ok...  :::humming Jeopardy theme song:::  Uhhh...  Still NO!  I'm certainly not encouraging him.  What more can I say to make him realize that I mean what I say?
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope your child recovers.

Turn your life around.

If you don't know how email me.

I might know either but I have some thoughts.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Judi - thank you very much for keeping us updated.  I get tired of peoples comments about my new son being small too - and he really wasn't all that small!  To me there's a difference in "awe - he's a tiny little fella isn't he?" and "man - he sure is small".  Lots of folks just don't have tact nowadays.

As for the eye patch, tell em your raising him to be a pirate - and they'd better leave unless they want to get robbed and raped! [:D]

Tell your ex boyfriend that cash and diapers is what you need - not lovin.  Does he pay support?

All men aren't asses - hold out for a good one!

That's what I had to do with you [s]crazy bitc[/s] women. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Like my jarhead cousin said when my son was born....

[b]give it to us straight, doc.... how long 'til he can shoulder an AR?[/b]

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#5]
God Bless Little Isaac! And God Bless His Mama for sure!

Whatever you do over the next several years, even as regarding Isaac's father, do it with the best interests of your son in mind!

You owe him that!

Eric The(Life'sBeenToughEnoughAlready!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Isaac's father?  Pay support?!  You would probably have to pick me up off of the floor if he ever gave me anything.  You'll never hear me complain about it, though.  Larry doesn't pay support because the courts haven't ordered him to.  They haven't ordered him to because I elected to not have his name put on my son's birth certificate.  For legal purposes, he has no proof that he is my son's father.  Consequently, he is not obligated to pay support or entitled to any kind of visitation.  He will occasionally give me some baby clothes - but he didn't pay anything for them.  The people that he's living with have a four-month old.  Isaac gets the clothes that he's outgrown.  One of the items of clothing says "Daddy's Pride and Joy."  I'm probably being petty, but Isaac will [b]never[/b] wear it.

I would love to keep Larry out of Isaac's life, but constantly worry that Isaac may resent me for making that decision for him.  I have told Larry that he will never see Isaac unless I am present.  I've also told him that if he screws up [i]once[/i], he will never see Isaac again unless he takes me to court over it.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi Judi.

Try to write the "he's so tiny," bit off.  It is only a general annoyance, and people sometimes don't realize that stating the obvious can be stupid and insulting.  

Try to make decisions regarding your beautiful son based on wisdom and not emotion.

Keep us up to date okay?

Doug

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top