Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/2/2006 10:22:26 PM EDT
Well, let the madness begin...

There's a tradition at UIllinois, a drinking holiday of sorts. Every Friday before the real St. Patrick's Day is Unofficial St. Patrick's Day which is basically an excuse for college students to get plastered. It's tradtion here. This year it falls exactly two weeks before the real St. Patrick's Day since the real St. Patrick's Day is the friday before Spring Break and the friday before that is Engineering Open House (no drunk engineers at U of I, means you're missing half the beauty of our school). Anyways, here's my plan:

O600- get up, run five miles (morning routine)
0730-shower, get dressed for class
0900-purchase official Unoffical T-shirt (gets you drink specials at the bars)
0930-eggs and kegs at a friend's place... let the drinking begin!
1200-Engineering Law
1300-Analog Signal Processing
1400-Differential Equations (yes, I'm going to three engineering classes totally drunk, this is going to get interesting)
1500- beer pong tournament
1700ish - Murphy's Pub for dinner/more beer
1800-rest of night- ?!?!?!!?!?!

LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:28:49 PM EDT
Why do the Irish venerate an Italian born in England again?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:24:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pat-Riot:

Cuz you can't beat a holiday that get's ya drunk!

(I'm at FSU, a drinking school with a football problem)
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:43:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pat-Riot:

He was one of the first and most successful to bring the Catholic religion to Ireland. In Ireland it is still considered a very religion holiday, unfortunatly(or not) the US has bastardized it into a drinking fest, much like what is happening to Cinco de Mayo.

short reading on ST Patrick
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:54:11 PM EDT
We have the ''Running of the Drunks'' you start at one end of town and make your way to the other end,stopping at each bar for a shot. It is a huge thing here,we even have people from out of town come. it is the only day of the year when it is ok to go to the bottle shop when you wake up in the morning,last year i was wasted by noon. Only 15 more days!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:55:10 PM EDT
Um...

I think you might be a little early...

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:48:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 8:48:49 AM EDT by Manic_Moran]

Here's me all this time thinking he was Welsh. I really must talk to the Irish Dept of Education about how they failed me.

The thing about the snakes... it's true he banished the snakes from Ireland. He also banished penguins, sloths and koala bears. Never seems to get the credit for that though.

NTM
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:34:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Manic_Moran:

Here's me all this time thinking he was Welsh. I really must talk to the Irish Dept of Education about how they failed me.

I thought he was Irish, but captured by English slave traders. He lived as a slave in England and that's where he converted to Christianity. Modern scholars believe St. Patrick was actually several men.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:43:32 AM EDT
Top Top