Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2009 7:13:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:16:27 AM EDT
[#1]
fake

along with 99.99999999% of the "you can do this" vids on youtube.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:17:11 AM EDT
[#2]
yup right through the window..
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:19:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Haven't done that but my buddy unlocked his door with his cell phone.  He called his wife and she held his trucks FOB up to the phone and he held his cell phone next to his truck and when she activated the FOB, the door unlocked.  Sweet!
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:21:03 AM EDT
[#4]
tried it and it didnt work.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:21:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd hit it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:21:39 AM EDT
[#6]
It's on the internet... it has to be true.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:22:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
fake

along with 99.99999999% of the "you can do this" vids on youtube.

+1 that and metacafe
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:23:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Haven't done that but my buddy unlocked his door with his cell phone.  He called his wife and she held his trucks FOB up to the phone and he held his cell phone next to his truck and when she activated the FOB, the door unlocked.  Sweet!

Tried it with my dad's truck. Worked like a champ.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:23:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Proven not to work.  Your buddy lied to you.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:23:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Good luck with that on Mrs Vito's drive!  It took the auto mechanic nearly 2 hours to get into the thing after she locked the keys in the trunk…
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:23:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I thought that was busted by myth busters?
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:24:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Suckers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#13]
This one is 100% true.

I tried it on my wife.  

No knots (except the loop) at all.  I let her struggle for a while and she never got out.

http://revver.com/video/231054/how-to-hogtie-a-brunette/
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:26:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't think they emitted a noise to unlock the door...I figured they were radio transmitters.  I don't see how a phone would relay a radio signal (in this manner.)

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#15]
buted many times

2nd guy out of picture has the remote opener and presses as the guy in the picture smacks the tennis ball.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:28:30 AM EDT
[#16]
HAHAHAHA... as if a little air pressure is going to make your lock open!  Locks need to rotate to open.  The air pressure induced by the ball would simply be diffused inside the door.

FAKE.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:29:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Fake as well.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This one is 100% true.

I tried it on my wife.  

No knots (except the loop) at all.  I let her struggle for a while and she never got out.

Would never get my wife to lay down like that for any amount of time.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:35:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fake as well.

-Foxxz

I've done it. It definitely works. Cell phone to cell phone.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:43:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fake as well.

-Foxxz

ETA link full of truth: http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_unlock_door.htm
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Just went out and tried it on three different cars with three cell phones.

Nope.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought 'common sense' busted that one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:08:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fake as well.

-Foxxz

I don't understand why someone would lie about something so stupid.  Seriously.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fake as well.

-Foxxz

I bet you run your TV from a single AA battery too!

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:24:14 AM EDT
[#26]
its amazing at how folks will lie to defend a BS myth just because they want to to be true.

Theses myths were proven time and time again to be complete BS yet folks still want to continue it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My friends Lemonjello and Orangejello (they're twin brothers) showed me how that works.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
its amazing at how folks will lie to defend a BS myth just because they want to to be true.

Theses myths were proven time and time again to be complete BS yet folks still want to continue it.

Guess you didn't fall for the coke as an industrial cleaner email either.  You darn cynics take all the joy out of spam emails.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This one is 100% true.

I tried it on my wife.  

Would never get my wife to lay down like that for any amount of time.

Obviously, it's better after the chloroform.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 8:42:42 AM EDT
[#30]
But their friend swore it was true.  So, just like something they read on the internet it must be true.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm not lying about anything. I may have made a mistake, but we tested it one day and it worked....I swear!
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 9:24:30 AM EDT
[#32]
eggfase (1 hour ago) fake. oh and FUAROCK

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm not lying about anything. I may have made a mistake, but we tested it one day and it worked....I swear!

Lemme guess, you were standing 50 feet away holding one of the phones?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top