Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 4:05:13 PM EDT
I am a student at Ouachita Baptist University and we had one shot fired today from on of the parking lots. Our students were not involoved and three have been arrested. Here is an article.

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1108/571383.html

and here is what our president had to say about an hour ago.

Dear Students, Parents, Faculty and Staff,

In the interest of open communication, I need to inform you about an incident that occurred this afternoon on the edge of the Ouachita campus.

Although no one was injured and the incident involved no Ouachita students, at least one gunshot reportedly was fired, according to Arkadelphia police. The incident took place on a Ouachita parking lot that borders both Ouachita Baptist University and Henderson State University.

According to Arkadelphia Police Sgt. Harley Hillery, “Three people of interest have been detained at this time and are being questioned about the alleged shooting.”

Please be assured that no Ouachita student, faculty or staff member was involved and that everyone on campus is safe. We also have asked campus safety to provide an increased presence in the area for the next several days.

Please join me in praying for those involved in this situation.

Rex M. Horne, Jr.

President

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top