Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2004 9:57:58 AM EDT
OK, some may know, some may not, my wife lost her job the first part of the year.  Because of that we got in a finiancial bind, but so far we made it through with some tight spots.  We got a little behind on some thing, but have for the most part caught up after I sold my NM M1a, both my Sig 226 and 225, and my FS 92.  

This is where the fun begins, I send in a payment to a creditor using 2 US Postoffce money orders, nice and safe right?  I send them in a priority mail (3 days or less) with a tracking no.  Guess what, the PO lost it!  No trace of it after they accepted it at a PO close to my work!

I go to see a supervisor at the post office.  Sorry for the trouble, you can file a claim for the priority mail after 30 DAYS!  For the money orders you have  to wait 30 days and then file a claim and you will get you money in 60 DAYS!   I am going to be in bankrupcy cort before then!  You may think a money order is safe, but think again.  

I end up seeing the Postmaster.  Same deal, sorry for your loss.  I call the USPS 800 no and get someone in a call center, no luck.  Mind you I didn't loose it the USPS did.  Next I sent an email to the US Postal Inspector's office and they will not even call me back.  

This is my life hanging here, trying to take care of my family and I can not seem to get anyone excited except me.  

Does anyone have any  ideas as to a next step?    And if not it just helps to vent a little.  

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks man. All I can say is you can count on the post office to fuck up when you need them to come through the most. If you have a tracking number they should be able to track it down. I would go back to your post office and track it. I would also punch in the tracking number to USPS.com and see what it says. And next time I would Fedex that shit or better yet call the company you want to pay and make a payment via echeck over the phone. I know it is a little to late, but that is what I would have done. USPS is a gaggle when your life depends on it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#2]
You know, that is exactly what I did, I took the tracking no both to the usps website, and to a supervisor and the Postmaster, they all say the same thing,  USPS has it somewhere.  

Part of my reason for posting is I know a few people here that buy off of ebay or purchase firearms online,  I know I had no idea it would take so long to get your money back from a money order.   A money order is not any safer than anything else.

And get this, they checked my money order to see if they had been cashed, to see if maybe someone in the PO stole the money orders since they were large.   They had not been cashed, but if they had that was even worse, you may never get your money back.

CRAP!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#3]
But the Gov. runs the post office....

They never make mistakes or provide poor service....

This is a good argument against Gov. run health care.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Sheesh! How much money is involved?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And security screeners.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Are you saying the post office might be a trap?

Because if that's what you are saying, just say it.  We can handle it

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#7]
It is right at $1200.  Which is what puts me in a BIG bind.  Being that I am in a money bind in the first place, I don't have another $1200 and I don't have 60 to 90 days to wait for my money.  

You can't even get a stop payment on a money order.  

I've have spouted more foul language about this than I care to think about.

CRAP!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ohhhh, it's a trap all right.

IT’S A ( wait in a never ending line, while the union post office employee’s take a break )TRAP!!!

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IT’S A ( wait in a never ending line, while the union post office employee’s take a breakand stand and gossip about anything and everything, watch the line go out the front door, around the corner and finally after 30 minutes after the last person has been standing there waiting start doing their damn job )TRAP!!!
img28.exs.cx/img28/4176/ackbar-trap1.jpg

fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#10]
sorry man, that is lame.

have you looked into some of the other MO issue'ers?   would having a western union money order have been any better?

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

IT’S A ( wait in a never ending line, while the union post office employee’s take a breakand stand and gossip about anything and everything, watch the line go out the front door, around the corner and finally after 30 minutes after the last person has been standing there waiting start doing their damn job )TRAP!!!
img28.exs.cx/img28/4176/ackbar-trap1.jpg

fixed it for ya

I knew I had forgotten something.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#12]
The postal service has really gone down the tubes,I went through the drive up to throw some letters in the stamped mail only big blue hopper!    I had to wait because some body(I assume a postal emp was changing the big hoppers)she  just pulled the old hopper out and was getting ready to slide the new empty hopper in when I noticed!!!

There were letters (lots of them) laying on the concrette floor under the hopper,I said hey There are lots of letters not in that hopper!!!   She replyed just hold onto your horses,I'll be through in a sec!

I said no you didn't get all the letters out of the recepticle,she just looked at me and shoved the hopper in and closed the door and gave me a Devils Eye and wobblefloped her hopper back towards the Main Office!!!

I put my letters in the door and drove off!!!   I get the neighbors mail more than twice a week and walk it down to her house ,and ask her hey you got any of my mail?

I just don't know how to form a complant that will mean anything to them(the USPS) so I'm thinking of getting all my neighbors on my block to make a signed written complaint!

Then I'm taking it to the PM General or such!!!

Anybody know of a better way?

Bob
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck the post office.

I once mailed them a check to pay for my goddamn post office box and they lost it at the very same goddamn building where my P.O. box was.

I showed them the carbon copy of the check so they would unlock my PO box and let me use it again until they found the damn check. (which they never did, and it was never cashed either).

I still can't believe they lost an envelope addressed to themselves.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Government run anything sucks...that's why UPS and FedEx make so much $$$...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Part of my reason for posting is I know a few people here that buy off of ebay or purchase firearms online,  I know I had no idea it would take so long to get your money back from a money order.   A money order is not any safer than anything else.

And get this, they checked my money order to see if they had been cashed, to see if maybe someone in the PO stole the money orders since they were large.   They had not been cashed, but if they had that was even worse, you may never get your money back.

That sucks.  With credit cards, I rarely use PMO.  But some people still insist on them as a form of payment.  

Believe it or not, the USPS is the least expensive/most reliable postal service in the world.  IMO.  In Canada they charge a 15% sales tax on stamps!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I M ErictheHun.  Your kind of situation is his kind of speciality IIRC.  He can at least point you in the right direction.

Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top