Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2002 11:40:07 AM EDT
Just got done reading that AWESOME book John Ross.

I have a question...I must have read the answer to this question while getting sleepy though, so I have to know...

Near the end, our friend had made the ladies' death look like a suicide, he used Wilsons' Berretta on her and left a note...

For the life of me (and no Im not too retarded) I cannot figure-out who she is or what she had to do with anything. I have a couple ideas, but it just doesnt make sense to me =(

PLEASE explain =)
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't feel bad, I didn't get it either.

Someone told me it was the prior administration's Attorney General, who publicly made the statement on the "suicide" note right after the Waco Murders.

Makes sense to me, but I didn't get it without help.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought it was Hillary!
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it was Butch...

Thanks for all the replies!!!

I think the "Chipped tooth" might have been some kind of a clue also...

The double wide-- a standard Floridian dwelling...
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#5]
"doublewide" Ithought that was in reference to the size of her ass.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Since the topic of "Unintended Consequences" came up, I would like to get opinions on part of it.  I read this book about 3 years ago -- it was very thought provoking.  In the historical section of the book, the author talked about both General Patton and General MacArthur turning on the American public.  I had not heard this story before and I found it very disturbing.  I understand where the author was going with this event -- he made it perfectly clear that it could happen again.   What were your thoughts when you read this?
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Post from martinmayhem -
In the historical section of the book, the author talked about both General Patton and General MacArthur turning on the American public.
View Quote

Ross was, of course, talking about the facts surrounding the 'Bonus Army' encampment across the river from Washington DC.

These WWI veterans had gathered from all over the country during the midst of the Great Depression and had come to Washington to see if their 'bonus' as veterans, which was to be paid in 1945, could be paid earlier to help them and their families out in their dire need.

Well Congress debated, and ultimately failed to authorize the early payment of the 'bonus.'

President Hoover called in the Army to disperse the bonus marchers, and Gen. MacArthur was placed in command of the troops to move out the protestors. Two officers under MacArthur were Eisenhower and Patton.

The Army overreacted to the threat from the protestors and the veterans were driven from their ramshackle encampment.

Not a pleasant and shining day for anyone involved, including the Army, the officers, and, the protesting veterans.

Two men were killed by Washington police the day before the Army moved against the bonus marchers, and either one or two children may have died as the result of asphyxiation from the tear gas used by the Army to move the men and their families out of the bonus camp.

Ross uses this event to show that there have been times in the past in which the government has severely overreacted to actions by some of its citizens. He also includes Ruby Ridge and Waco in that same history.

Eric The(RememberTheTimesInWhichThisOccurred)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Great book. I plan on looking into parts of it for more details, partly to educate the anti's.
Mainly:
the details of the march on washington by the veterans
was Koresh holding a baby when he was shot
could the damage at oklahoma city have been done with just a simple truck full of anfo or was it something more complex
all the federal agencies that can carry guns
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top