Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/27/2003 11:27:11 AM EDT
I've heard it was a good book and I went to a local waldensbooks and I couldnt find it. I got the salesperson to look it up and they dont keep it in stock because he said its kinda old but did offer to order it for me if I wanted too. Should I take him up on that offer, or perhaps order it online somewhere (like just have them ship it to my house)?
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 11:30:36 AM EDT
I used to work at Waldenbooks. I would recommend going to Amazon.com or maybe barnesandnoble.com I got my copy from Amazon, and it was the best price around at the time... Shawn
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 11:38:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2003 11:41:34 AM EDT by Old_Painless]
Always check at half.com. You can buy used books at very low prices. Also videos, DVDs, etc. Edited to add: just checked at half.com and it is available for $17.00.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 11:38:19 AM EDT
I suggest Amazon. Might as well order a few books you've wanted, get your order past $50 and get free shipping.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 11:42:38 AM EDT
Order it here, directly from the publisher: [url]http://www.accuratepress.net/uc.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 11:43:35 AM EDT
I got my copy at a gunshow for $17.50 and it was well worth it. Takes a while to read but is hard to put down once you start!
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 11:48:22 AM EDT
Who goes to book stores anymore? Order from Amazon and have it arrive without ever having to move your butt from in front of the computer.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 12:02:27 PM EDT
If you're into piracy, you can find a .pdf file of the book floating around on the net. I would recommend spending the money to support this guy though. Maybe he'll be motivated to write another entertaining fantasy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 12:09:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kar98: Order it here, directly from the publisher: [url]http://www.accuratepress.net/uc.html[/url]
View Quote
That's pretty steep, pricewise.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 12:14:28 PM EDT
Just wanted to say thanks for the speedy replies. I'll shop around see if I can just order it online.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 12:32:46 PM EDT
Get it at a gunshow. The Feds monitor book purchases nowadays. That might classify as terroristic literature and place you in a higher threat classification. I am not being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 12:40:03 PM EDT
If you IM me your address, you can have my copy. The only catch is you have to pass it on to someone else after you're done.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 12:40:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CassidyGT: Get it at a gunshow. The Feds monitor book purchases nowadays. That might classify as terroristic literature and place you in a higher threat classification. I am not being sarcastic.
View Quote
I guess I shouldn't have ordered that copy of the Turner Diaries. I AM being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 12:45:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CassidyGT: Get it at a gunshow. The Feds monitor book purchases nowadays. That might classify as terroristic literature and place you in a higher threat classification. I am not being sarcastic.
View Quote
If you believe that, then I have some tinfoil hats I'd like to sell you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 1:15:21 PM EDT
If you are going to order through Amazon, I'd suggest you access it through jpfo.org Why not support an RKBA site at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 1:21:38 PM EDT
I ordered my copy at a B. Dalton (a branch of barnes and noble)
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 2:09:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 2whiskeyP: I got my copy at a gunshow for $17.50 and it was well worth it. Takes a while to read but is hard to put down once you start!
View Quote
I read it in 32 hours total. I had to eat, sleep and attend class in there somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 5:30:27 PM EDT
Mace, Cassidy is so correct it's sad. Sorry to have to tell you. Read the paper now and then. TXL
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 5:32:18 PM EDT
Buy it Read it Know it Live it You could get it at the library . The Feds do monitor this though .
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 5:34:44 PM EDT
I got mine at Borders.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 5:41:26 PM EDT
I get all my books through half.com. Best prices and choices.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 5:45:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mace:
View Quote
If you believe that, then I have some tinfoil hats I'd like to sell you.
View Quote
Mace, pay attention every now and then, please. The feds _did_ try to employ John Ross' ex-wife as a snitch against him. Said feds _did_ threaten bookdealers in the manner of "My, wouldn't that be a shame if that store burnt down. Sure you wanna sell that book?" Said feds _did_ pass the "Patriot" Act, which, amongst other things, gives feds the right to snoop through library files to find out who borrowed what book, and forbids librarians to even mention this to the involved patrons. No warrant required. LE authorities _did_ try to obtain, i.e. subpoena, the customer lists of the Tattered Cover bookstore in Denver, Colorado to find out who bought a certain book and what else these customers are reading. The owner/manager was dragged to court over this issue. However that was before Patriot Act and the book in question was drug-related.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:54:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Chimborazo:
Originally Posted By Kar98: Order it here, directly from the publisher: [url]http://www.accuratepress.net/uc.html[/url]
View Quote
That's pretty steep, pricewise.
View Quote
$30 for a hardcover is hardly steep. I've spent $150 on quality books, $125 on some softcovers.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:25:46 PM EDT
Get it wherever you can get it, but DO get it!!! It is a great book!!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:12:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/25/2003 10:14:57 PM EDT by Az_Redneck]
Excellent book! There was a guy here who was being deployed to Iraq and I sent him my copy free of charge or postage and I haven't heard one word from him. He's back because I have seen his posts..But, oh well, hope he's enjoying it..Hope he finished it and passed it on...It's a great book that anyone into firearms should read.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:37:56 PM EDT
I'll buy a used one soft cover.......If someone has one they'd rather have a few bucks for? I have A great one " The Laundrymen" by Jeffery Ross If your lookng for a trade "Jeff Ross" has many A+'s.This is one "ASK---> "PAUL"a/mod if he seconds my recommendation.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:03:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dnra: I'll buy a used one soft cover.......If someone has one they'd rather have a few bucks for? I have A great one " The Laundrymen" by Jeffery Ross If your lookng for a trade "Jeff Ross" has many A+'s.This is one "ASK---> "PAUL"a/mod if he seconds my recommendation.
View Quote
I think UC is hardcover only.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:44:39 AM EDT
UC is hardcover only. According to his website http://www.john-ross.net/ he is working on another book. I ordered my copy from Fred's M14 stocks, along with some other good books he has for sale, and targets too. I put off buying it for quite awhile but after reading it kick myself for not buying it sooner.
Top Top