Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2003 7:26:04 PM EDT
First off let me say that I just finished read Unintended Consequences yesterday and of course I thought it was awesome.

I was thinking of going back throught the book and writing down the page numbers of all the stuff that happened in real life to make sort of a "cliff notes" version that I could give to people to read who are not members of the gun culture to educate them.  I was thinking about inculding all the real life events that are covered in the book and maybe some of the dialog where Henry and all are talking about laws, freedoms, and pro-gun stuff in general. What do you think of this idea ? Has anyone already done something like this ?

I think that every gun owner should read this book entirely, but for those fence sitters out there who don't want to read thru 800+ pages this might be a usefull tool to get them to see our point of view.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I just finished 'We were soldiers once. And young'.

Unintended Consequences gets started tomorrow.

-T.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Unintended Consequences  - Its what is given for christmas and birthdays.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#4]
No, but should have it this week.  Interested in seeing what it has to say.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I managed to get to page 150 of Atlas Shrugged.  None in UC.
View Quote

I made it through Atlas Shrugged and Fountainhead.  Talk about two books that needed editing.

UC I found to be very entertaining.  Even the wife read a bunch of it over my shoulder.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Unintended Consequences  - Its what is given for christmas and birthdays.
View Quote

I got it for Christmas from Fat_McNasty.  Thanks Fat!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top