Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 10:36:25 AM EDT
I destroyed two of my uniform shirts while doing some laundry.  A black pen slipped in there at some point.  Everything trashed.  Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I destroyed two of my uniform shirts while doing some laundry.  A black pen slipped in there at some point.  Everything trashed.  Grrrrrrrrrrr.

hr

White shirts Hehe

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I've done that before, I left a pack of chewing gum in one of my shirt pockets.
At least they smelled cinnamony fresh.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

White shirts
Must be a supervisor

Hehe he he he

No, light brown.  Still trashed though, little black spots all over.  I guess I could dye them completely black and pretend I'm on the SRT.  

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Luckily I have black uniforms.  Unfortunately I use white inkpens.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#6]
most of us are wearing polo's now with no front pocket ( thank god )

J
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

J

I have a closet full of polos I can't wear anymore.  Some mucky-muck decided we needed to standardize on one uniform (even though that hasn't happened under every command) and that uniform is the button up Class B shirt with a real badge, not embroidered.  

Oh, and we were given no wear out time for the polos, policy changed in a month.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

White shirts
Must be a supervisor

Hehe he he he

No, light brown.  Still trashed though, little black spots all over.  I guess I could dye them completely black and pretend I'm on the SRT.  

Have you tried hair spray and a tooth brush?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Why would you be laundering your own shirts?  Don't you take them to the cleaners?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

J

Where do you keep your ink pens?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#11]
We use dark blue uniforms.  Pens don't scare me.  My wife launders my uniforms.  I'll blame her if anything happens.  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Why would you be laundering your own shirts?  Don't you take them to the cleaners?

Hell no.  I wash 'em myself.  I am a poverty stricken civil servant.  Besides, any money spent at the cleaners is money that could have been spent on ARs or other related items.

Of course, ruining your shirts and having to buy new ones isn't exactly easy on the pocketbook.    
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Dig it!  But doesn't machine washing wear out your shirts and any insigina/patches faster?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got uniforms that are about 7 years old.  

My wife used to iron my shirts but didn't put a crease in the sleeve.  That way, the patches are still good for trading.  

Now we have dryer, she doesn't iron any more.  Every 6 months, we get $125.00 (minus taxes) for uniform maintenance.  If a uniform gets un-usable, they purchase another.  I try to keep the patch.    

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I left my bunny suit in the dryer too long, once.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Dig it!  But doesn't machine washing wear out your shirts and any insigina/patches faster?

Probably, but I would never know because they don't last long enough to find out.  My sweat destroys them, the armpits are stained within 6 months.  And of course the ones you have to throw away because of gross contamination, or they get OC all over them, or torn in some way.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#17]
My first year on we had a drug raid at the local high school , I was told to look sharp because I would be doing damage control inside the school for parents and teachers who wanted to know what was going on. So I wanted to iron my new uniform pants( i had almost never Ironed anything before, expressly things with a melting point as low as the wonderful polyester department issued pants I was about to “ crisp” with my 10000 degree iron. I started at the top near the crotch when I found that they melt as appose to  straiten out. Well that was the only pair I had left , so I was stuck wearing them the whole day big burn spot and all. I think it when virtually unnoticed because I had to point it out to my FTO , and he would have let me know about had he seen it.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top