Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2002 8:59:28 PM EDT
Ok... I know that I am out on a limb here, but think about it for a moment.

Moose asked the media to carry his message "clearly" and "often."  Might he be playing right into the hands of a terrorist cell by unwittingly sending a "go" signal to other sleeper cells via the national broadcast media???

I sincerely hope that I am all wet on this one folks, but the knot in the pit of my stomach is telling me that we might be entering a new and deadly phase of this saga!
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The chair is against the wall.

The chair is against the wall.

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]
OK DScottHewitt... I should have seen that one coming from a mile away!  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Seriously, though. It is a valid concern. The beauty of "open" coding, is no one knows it is a code. And using the PD to broadcast their code is beyond sweet.....

The Tarot card. The fired casing. The phone number. All could be messages. The Tarot card and the casing could mean "Move into final position." The phone number could mena "Go in X days."

Scott

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#4]
There is no doubt that anyone predisposed to violence against our society is looking on with interest.

Aside from the immediate victims, that is the most unfortunate aspect of this.

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#6]
DScottHewitt---------Love that signature line!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, I have been away from the idiot box all weekend...whats the deal on this new shooting?
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ok, I have been away from the idiot box all weekend...whats the deal on this new shooting?
View Quote

Turn on FoxNews...they play it over and over and over again every 10 friggin minutes.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 1:19:54 AM EDT
[#10]
"To the person who left us a message at the Ponderosa last night. You gave us a telephone number. We do want to talk to you. Call us at the number you provided. Thank you," Moose said.
View Quote

[red]Call us at the number you provided.[/red]

Huh !?  [>:/]

Link Posted: 10/21/2002 1:23:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"To the person who left us a message at the Ponderosa last night. You gave us a telephone number. We do want to talk to you. Call us at the number you provided. Thank you," Moose said.
View Quote

[red]Call us at the number you provided.[/red]

Huh !?  [>:/]

View Quote

I think the number is like a payphone, someone said. The message was to wait for a call there, maybe?

Scott

P.S. Thanx, ThinMan

Link Posted: 10/21/2002 1:23:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I dont get it either.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:31:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Its like the Movie PHONE BOOTH. They want the COPS to show up at this remote payphone, to pick one or two off, then get EVEN MORE media attention than ever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top