Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 6:23:08 AM EDT
At least that's the logical extention of something he said last night.

In response to the question about federal funding of abortion Kerry said this...

Now I believe that you can take that position and not be pro-abortion, but you have to afford people their constitutional rights. And that means being smart about allowing people to be fully educated, to know what their options are in life and making certain that you don't deny a poor person the right to be able to have whatever the Constitution affords them if they can't afford it otherwise.

So he believes that if someone has a "right" protected provided by constitution that they can't afford to exercise, then it is the role of the federal govt. to provide the means for that person to be able to exercise that right.

1) The constitution protects the right to bear arms.
2) I can't afford all the arms I want to buy.

Therefore:

3) The federal government under John Kerry will buy me the guns I want.

That's it I'm voting for the asshat.

Cabby
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:28:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

In response to the question about federal funding of abortion Kerry said this...

Now I believe that you can take that position and not be pro-abortion, but you have to afford people their constitutional rights. And that means being smart about allowing people to be fully educated, to know what their options are in life and making certain that you don't deny a poor person the right to be able to have whatever the Constitution affords them if they can't afford it otherwise.

So he believes that if someone has a "right" protected provided by constitution that they can't afford to exercise, then it is the role of the federal govt. to provide the means for that person to be able to exercise that right.

1) The constitution protects the right to bear arms.
2) I can't afford all the arms I want to buy.

Therefore:

3) The federal government under John Kerry will buy me the guns I want.

That's it I'm voting for the asshat.

Cabby

+1!

I was thinking the same thing also, wondering to myself, "What fucking planet is this guy from?"

Also, he pledged to not sign gun control legislation, and led me to believe that he would in fact repeal all gun laws.

We need to be stronger on terrorism.

But you know what we also need to do as Americans is never let the terrorists change the Constitution of the United States in a way that disadvantages our rights.

Maybe we should vote for Kerry! Guns for po' folk, no more gun laws...   Naaaah.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:33:59 AM EDT
[#3]
According to the constitution, they should be buying us guns.

The government is supposed to arm and discipline the militia.

Failing that, they could just let us buy our service rifles when we leave the armed forces.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:36:53 AM EDT
[#4]
You're assuming that Kerry is consistent in his logic.  He's only consistent in being inconsistent.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:38:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He could site the CMP as a federally mandated program to get low cost weapons to the masses.  Of course then he would have to defend his position on why he voted to eliminate it.

+1

I forgot about that.  Good point.  Nice consistancy Mr. Kerry.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Cabby

Please resign your membership.  In your above statement, you have not displayed the intelligence required to be a Team Member.  Logic may never be applied to anything Hanoi Kerry states.

(A truly tongue-in-cheek post by me)

EDIT:  Dang - you must be the oldest member with the lowest post count...

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:55:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
EDIT:  Dang - you must be the oldest member with the lowest post count...

I have a life.  Just kidding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top