Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2003 10:41:18 AM EDT
Seems like any AWB will include a provision to ban possession of AWs from anyone under 21. Of course their are going to be many parents out there "getting" ar-15s for awhile if that passes.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Seems like any AWB will include a provision to ban possession of AWs from anyone under 21. Of course their are going to be many parents out there "getting" ar-15s for awhile if that passes.

CRC
View Quote

Won't happen. Even if it did due to expo-facto laws people who already had them would be allowed to keep them. Same thing occured back in the early 80's when the drinking age was raised from 18 to 21.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]
That's ok, it's not like anyone under 20 is worth the oxygen they breathe anyway, right?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn. What are all those new army recruits gonna shoot???[;)]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I will not surrender my firearm. They may pass a law making it illegal for me to posess property of mine that was once legal. If they want it, they can come and take it.

I never said i'd let them have it.

Molon Labe.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's ok, it's not like anyone under 20 is worth the oxygen they breathe anyway, right?
View Quote

Man, you're on a roll today, huh? [;D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought that AWs were already illegal? (assuming not pre-ban)
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#8]
NSFJojo:

You jackass.

Everyone else:

I just love being a second-class citizen.  I love it that the government happily takes my money and yet says, "You're not responsible enough to walk into a bar and buy a beer."  

I live on OU campus, so I know what happens when you turn 18-21 year olds loose with too much beer.  However, it is INDIVIDUALS that get drunk and do dumb shit.  It is not an age group, or a demographic.  Most 18-21 year olds drink too much given the chance, but not ALL.  I want (no, demand!) to be treated as a CITIZEN by my government, not a sheep, or a misguided young person.  Punish the INDIVIDUAL who committed the crime, not the person who happens to be 19.

I think that the government has lost sight of what a republic is about: rights.  I agree with Heinlein when he says that we have no natural rights.  (re: Starship Troopers, a very deep book for what it is.)  The Constuition says that we as a people feel that our government should NOT infringe upon the things that are stated in it.  So, you have no RIGHT to free speech, but we agree as a people that the government should not stop you from speaking.  (Although, if you're saying dumb shit, other people might!)  Our government was supposed to be about guarding people's freedoms; i.e. making sure that what we allow in the Constuition is not infringed upon by the government.  Enter FDR, Klinton, etc. that used the Constuition as their toilet paper, and the system breaks down.  

So what I would like to do, in this vein, is give an idea.  We DESERVE your freedoms.  We are holding up our end of the social contract by paying taxes and being a productive citizen.  So, I would like to issue a challenge to anyone who wants to take away my 'rights' (anti-gunners, supporters of the PATRIOT Act, MADD, etc.) with the same mechanism that was designed to protect them:

"Dear (person),

I, TXX XXXXXX XXXXX, IV, laborer, college student, PFC OKARNG, Eagle Scout, and productive member of society, having no criminal record of any kind, do hereby challenge you to find the moral standing on your part to deprive me of my (firearm, freedom of speech and assembly, beer) according to the law that you support.  I challenge you to say this to my face, in person, at (time) on (day) at (place).  If you are unwilling to do so or fail to appear without a reasonable excuse, I shall hold you to be a dishonorable hypocrite who is a menace to the freedoms that my forefathers fought for for the American people.  You shall consequently feel the full force of effort on my part to ensure that you enjoy no position of responsibility or power within any federal, state, county, or municipal government for the duration of your natural life.  

Signed."

No, I do not drink, rarely speak in public, and do not own any type of restricted weapon (to my knowledge; I understand that nail-clippers are getting to be a restricted item these days); however, to my mind, the efforts of scum like the people frequently broadsided on this site (Feinstein, Schumer, et. al.) to restrict my freedoms out of a belief that I cannot manage my own affairs is not merely alarming, but positively insulting.  Does anyone else here feel that way?

I shall send some copies of this out.  I felt rather inspired at this late time in the evening.  Perhaps it's just sleepiness.  ;)

I did not put my name in that because it is not smart to broadcast one's name on the Internet.  Not that a competent investigator couldn't use that information to find out who I am anyway, but that there's no sense in just giving it out for free.  My name shall be in any that I send to someone.  

Anyone who wants to, feel free to edit for your personal situation and use.

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#9]
From my cold dead hands.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
From my cold dead hands.
View Quote

sounds like you need to invest in a coozie [:P]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
From my cold dead hands.
View Quote

sounds like you need to invest in a coozie [:P]
View Quote

I have a black gortex coozie its very tactical!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I thought that AWs were already illegal? (assuming not pre-ban)
View Quote

Actually, Class 3 pre '86.

TS
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#13]

My opinion on these must be twenty-one years old laws are bullshit! If you can join this countries military and die for the USA. Then you should be able to do everything else.
 Yes I turn forty next month and my son turns eighteen this summer. And my son will own an AR at eighteen. To many Kommies in Washington.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#14]
This is a blessing in disguise.  Bush said he would support renewal of the current ban.  All of the riders the antis are adding to the ban will ensure he can veto it without being a hypocrite.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:17:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I own two of them. My first was bought on my sixteenth birthday. I sold it for another preban. I will be a one year ar owner ths June 1st.

I will always have an ar. Even if Im not supposed to.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Molon Labe
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 12:30:06 AM EDT
[#17]
NSFJojo is one of the young people, I think he was being sarcastic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top