Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/8/2004 10:44:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/8/2004 11:04:18 AM EST by billyw9]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:45:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/8/2004 10:46:25 AM EST by LadyLiberty]
Those are great! I'll try to scan some of mymuch crappier underwater photos from my honeymoon in Curacao and post them later tonight. Tagged for now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:57:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/8/2004 10:57:37 AM EST by billyw9]
Costa Rica; Pacific side; July 04
Moray
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/billyw9/WreckMoray.jpg
White Tip:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/billyw9/WhiteTipShark1.jpg
Visions of the movie Open Water flash through my head (actually this was before the movie came out):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/billyw9/CatIsland2OpenWater.jpg

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:12:57 AM EST
I have a bunch of video and 35mm of my dives in and around the Kelp forest off Cali.
Haven't upgraded to digital yet, but it would be nice just so I could do color shift with photoshop, and not have to worry about filters.
I'll see if I can scan a few later tonight.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:17:50 AM EST
Nice !

I've recently gotten into UW photography - but not any of the really expensive equipment, just a digital camera and a cheap housing. (Maybe someday I'll get a strobe, but that might be too much trouble).

I posted a bunch of UW photos in the team member forum a while ago.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:20:10 AM EST
I dive for clam, but I don't have any pics.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:22:14 AM EST

Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
I have a bunch of video and 35mm of my dives in and around the Kelp forest off Cali.
Haven't upgraded to digital yet, but it would be nice just so I could do color shift with photoshop, and not have to worry about filters.

Cool, One day I plan to do a kelp forrest dive, I've got several 35 mm shots of wrecks off panama city FLA, I can probably scan tomorrow. I just started video, have some from Costa Rica.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:28:43 AM EST

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:32:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By billyw9:

Cool, One day I plan to do a kelp forrest dive, I've got several 35 mm shots of wrecks off panama city FLA, I can probably scan tomorrow. I just started video, have some from Costa Rica.

I have only dived (dove?) kelp forest once, but it was one of the BEST dives I've ever done. We dove out of San Diego - 1st dive on the Yukon, and then two dives in the kelp. Awesome!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:36:54 AM EST
FANTASTIC PICS!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:43:05 AM EST
We go mainly to the Kelp dives, I have never seen a more diverse eco system, with a wider range of wildlife.
Also, picking up 7 lobster a day per person is a nice side note.
The only thing is that water gets nice and cold, I was wearing a 7mm suit till I got my dry suit.
Man what a difference, no discomfort what so ever.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:06:32 PM EST

We go mainly to the Kelp dives, I have never seen a more diverse eco system, with a wider range of wildlife.
Also, picking up 7 lobster a day per person is a nice side note.
The only thing is that water gets nice and cold, I was wearing a 7mm suit till I got my dry suit.
Man what a difference, no discomfort what so ever.

That's the reason I have a hard time convincing the fiancee to go - she's not a big fan of the cold water.

I REALLY want to go back to the kelp - and I'd also love to dive around Vancouver, but it'll probably be a while before we get the chance again.
Top Top