Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2001 6:01:38 AM EDT
I picked up a barely used Kydex paddle holster for my 92FS at a give a way price.  What I want to know is how is this for wear on the gun? Compared to Leather? other synthetics?  My Beretta is stainless.  Anyone use this as your carry holster?  It seems comfortable to wear.  The pistol seems tight, but releases like it should.  I noticed it is wearing a little on the holster from the pistol, but no marring on the metal yet.  My only complaint so far is that the holster is difficult to release from my waistband with one hand, even with two.  Thanks for your opinions, guns762
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:52:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been using the fobus paddle for all of my pistols that they make one for and thought I would try one of the uncle mikes.  To be honest, It had a tendency to "rock" back and forth on my hip.  I gave it away within a week.  I inspected the uncle mikes against the fobus and believe that it could be that the uncle mike's has only one "tooth" to lock under your belt which is in the center of the paddle.  The fobus has two, placed at either end of the paddle.  I also had major difficulty trying to remove the holster every time.  As far as wear goes, I didn't keep it long enough to find out but my fobus holsters seem to cause little to no wear.

Kiwi
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't actually used either, but I had a chance to visually inspect both side by side the other day.  The Mike's seemed to be way better quality.  One piece molded, not two pieces riveted together like the Fobus.  Also, Mike's kydex was much thicker than the fobus.  Is that a good thing or a bad thing? You decide, bulk vs. stiffness and durability.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#4]
We carry both the Fobus and Uncle Mikes Kydex holsters.  I bought myself the Uncle Mike's Kydex for my Glock 27, and I love the thing.  The adjustable cant, and tension are very nice. It keeps the weapon very close to your body, and easy to conceal.  We do sell quite a bit of the Fobus stuff also.  I just like the solid feel of the kydex better.

Donnie Pridemore
[url]www.sableco.net[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top