Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 6:11:36 AM EDT
I was at my local QT (quick trip) this past Tue. to get A soda.
Their was this friendly officer their getting one as well.
Well he had A Sig pistol on him.
Not beeing an expert on Sig's I asked him if it was A 228 or A 229.
He gave me that eyes up i'm thinking look for A sec...
Then it happened.
He just went down and drew the pistol out of it's holster held it up to his face like A book and said "It's A 226."
The whole time it was randomly pointed around.
Their was around 20 - 26 people in the store.
"We gust got them A week or so ago, I could not remember."
I just shook my head and said "That's cool." Paid for my soda and got the hell out of there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:13:17 AM EDT
[#1]
wow.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:14:25 AM EDT
[#2]
What's the problem?

He's a TRAINED PROFESSIONAL.  

Don't you trust him?  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:15:45 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a wonder that evil thing didn't  decide to just up and shoot someone for the hell of it.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:16:50 AM EDT
[#4]
It was looking for a dog....

(better add the or else someone might get mad...)

Quoted:
It's a wonder that evil thing didn't  decide to just up and shoot someone for the hell of it.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:16:55 AM EDT
[#5]
He was just protecting you.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:20:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Popcorn...check.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:23:08 AM EDT
[#7]
ibtl
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#8]
That's pretty funny.  At least he didn't look down the bbl.  

On a side note, I've found that some officers don't like to be quizzed about their hardware, and seem to get suspicious if you start asking questions.  On the other hand, others are great to talk to, you just got to find the gun nuts out of the bunch.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:28:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

On a side note, I've found that some officers don't like to be quizzed about their hardware, and seem to get suspicious if you start asking questions.  On the other hand, others are great to talk to, you just got to find the gun nuts out of the bunch.

Problem is, they all look alike.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:28:47 AM EDT
[#10]

+1
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:30:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Problem is, they all look alike.

Just look for the guy with the non dept. issue handgun or the ARFcom sticker on his cruiser.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:32:10 AM EDT
[#12]
HellioN - when I read this the first image I got was DeNiro's character in "Taxi Driver" asking the SS guy what kind of gun he carried. Please don't tell me you have a mohawk.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:33:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I asked a chick cop one time what model Glock she had.

Her: "Its a Glock 45".

Me: "No. What model Glock?"

Her: "Its a Glock 45."

Me. "Nevermind."
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

He did not seem bothered by my questioning.
In fact he attempted to carry on the conversation as I checked out.
I finally said "Well the Sig's are nice but i'll keep my 1911."
He said something to the effect of "I like those too but the department won't let us carry them."
Like I said he seemed like A freindly guy and was willing to talk but I was just tripping off the fact that he just "whipped it out" right there and did not really pay any attition to what was going on around him.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The local LEOs I've asked about their hardware have been enthusiastic talking guns.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:37:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What's the problem?

He's a TRAINED PROFESSIONAL.  

Don't you trust him?  

Only cops should have guns right? Did he make it home that night?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:39:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Bet he is a really good shot with that Sig.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:40:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Damn, that's a great smiley!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:47:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Me. "Nevermind."

Me: "Oh, it is a Glock 21?"

Her: "No, it is a 45!!"
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:50:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Around here he would have pulled it out, unloaded it and handed it to me and said "Here check it out!"

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#22]
How's the trigger on that 226??        
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
HellioN - when I read this the first image I got was DeNiro's character in "Taxi Driver" asking the SS guy what kind of gun he carried. Please don't tell me you have a mohawk.

No, But I do have A pony tail and the sides of my head are shaved...
Kinda like how James Hetfield of MetallicA used to look.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#24]
The worst I have seen was one night while driving out to the local Wally world to get some diapers or something the lady in front of us hit a deer. Deer is not dead, but wounded severly. Call 911, cop arrives, animal control arrives,  Hubby tells them, someone needs to put that deer out of his misery. They look at each other,  cop says, I'd rather not shoot the poor thing, animal control says I don't have anything to put it down. Hubby asks, is it ok to shoot it since we are still in city limits? If so I'll do it. Cop says yeah, pulls his pistol out and hands it to hubby, who takes a step back and says, no thats ok, I'll use my own. Cop is cool with that, he doesn't have to shoot it. But why oh why did he hand his pistol to an unknown civilian? Trips my mind everytime I think of it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:55:39 AM EDT
[#25]
*Yawn*
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#26]
That reminds me of a experiance i had with a gentleman and his newly aquired CCW permit . Im a mangager of a local auto parts store and I noticed a HUGE bulg on his right side hip. Knowing Ohio just passed the CCW law and wanting to get more info on it, I asked him if he had the new CCW and where he took the class. He more then willingly answered and when I asked what kind of gun he carried, he up and lifts his shirt in the middle of the auto parts store, in line with about 6 other people and he got a ruger target .22 .... I did not ask to see the gun , Then he got pissed when i questioned his choice of caliber........
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:44:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Then it happened.
He just went down and drew the pistol out of it's holster held it up to his face like A book and said "It's A 226."
I just shook my head and said "That's cool." Paid for my soda and got the hell out of there.

Hey!

Don't you just love the $.49 drink summers at QT?

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:50:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Good thing you didn't ask him if it was loaded...  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#30]
I asked an officer about his sidearm once while hanging out at a gas station late one weekend in my younger years....

Not only did he take it out and show it to me but he let me handle it(!)

After I returned it to him, he said "Good, now I got another set of fingerprints on it"(!)
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/jmoffatt/popcorn.gif

Damn, that's a great smiley!

+1
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:33:25 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
[Hey!

Don't you just love the $.49 drink summers at QT?

Yea...It's great for all of us overnight truckers.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:54:02 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I got that from a local cop a couple weeks back. The local PD switched over from S&W 9mms to glocks in .40. We were talking with a local cop and I noticed the glock and said something like oh they are issueing the combat tupperware to ya'll now. How do you like it so far. I got the evil eye and a comment of it's ok, could be better, in a rather rude tone at that.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:09:32 AM EDT
[#35]
This sounds like something the Kirksville PD would do

Quoted:
Then it happened.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:14:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Damned civilians. Don't question authority.

At least he was nice about it. Cops around here will give the googly eyes and get rude if you ask that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:15:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Mabey I should tell you guys my movie theater story.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:25:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Mabey I should tell you guys my movie theater story.

Maybe you should.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:36:50 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
The worst I have seen was one night while driving out to the local Wally world to get some diapers or something the lady in front of us hit a deer. Deer is not dead, but wounded severly. Call 911, cop arrives, animal control arrives,  Hubby tells them, someone needs to put that deer out of his misery. They look at each other,  cop says, I'd rather not shoot the poor thing, animal control says I don't have anything to put it down. Hubby asks, is it ok to shoot it since we are still in city limits? If so I'll do it. Cop says yeah, pulls his pistol out and hands it to hubby, who takes a step back and says, no thats ok, I'll use my own. Cop is cool with that, he doesn't have to shoot it. But why oh why did he hand his pistol to an unknown civilian? Trips my mind everytime I think of it.

Right, because the civilian could be some whacked out dude, right?

Uh, what's wrong with occasionally trusting people?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:51:58 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Me. "Nevermind."

I get that alot with Glock 40's, lol.  "Hey what Glock is that?"  "Its a Glock 40"  "You mean a Glock 22 .40cal?"  "Yeah, its a Glock 40"

I always have to laugh.  "Sir, if need me to show you how to operate and maintain it, I can show you later."
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:01:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top