Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2004 8:16:20 PM EDT
I don't think I will hot link this...

http://www.puppetryofthepenis.com/

Puppetry of thePenis was conceived by Simon Morley in 1996 as the title of a highbrow art calendar, showcasing twelve of his favorite penis installations (known as "Dick Tricks" to the uninformed layperson). Years before, Simon’s youngest brother had shown him his installation, ‘The Hamburger’. Natural sibling rivalry resulted in the evolution of a grand repertoire of genital gesticulations.

It was on New Year’s Eve in 1997, with a garage full of calendars to sell and burgeoning requests for live demonstrations, when Simon finally decided to unleash his talent on the world.

His natural choice of performance partner was David "Friendy" Friend, whose reputation as the life of any party was quickly growing. Friendy kept himself busy for most of the year, having created a solid business performing his repertoire of installations at Batchelorette/Hen’s night’s and private parties. As a young boy, Friendy began his Dick Trick career in the bath and developed his skills further when he discovered beer in college. After completing his degree in Computing, he returned to Melbourne with his own highly individual collection of hanging art. Together, Simon and Friendy’s solo "acts" became Puppetry of the Penis, and a global phenomenon was born.

Their debut at the 1998 Melbourne International Comedy Festival was a huge hit, kicking off an eight-month tour of Australia. The national tour covered 20,000 kilometers and was been captured in the documentary Tackle Happy.
Subsequent sell-out runs in Sydney and Melbourne encouraged the boys to take their wares to the 2000 Edinburgh International Fringe Festival, where they were humbled by yet another sell-out run. West End producer David Johnson realized the potential of the show after attending a performance where the woman sitting next to him wet her pants laughing. Contracts and mops were brought out, and a deal was made on the spot: PUPPETRY OF THE PENIS was on its way to London's West End.

Initially booked for a five-week run at London’s Whitehall Theatre, the overwhelming response led to numerous extensions. The show finally closed after an astonishing five-month run. Simon and Friendy became the darlings of the West End, delighting London’s A-list including Hugh Grant, Naomi Campbell, Elton John, Bono, Mel B and Mel C.

In September 2001, on the heels of a smash hit run in Toronto and a successful tour of Canada, PUPPETRY OF THE PENIS opened in New York at the John Houseman Theatre, where it played for over a year. By 2002 a second and third American company opened at L.A.’s Coronet Theatre and San Francisco’s Theatre on the Square. These two productions plus our international companies highlighted 2002 as being the phenomenal year when five companies started playing simultaneously worldwide.

The PUPPETRY OF THE PENIS juggernaut continues to gain momentum, with new companies opened Spain in 2003 and due to open in France in 2004 in their respective languages. In addition to the U.S., Germany, the U.K., Eire, New Zealand, Canada, The Netherlands, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland and Australia have all played host to PUPPETRY OF THE PENIS. Meanwhile, US audiences maintain their love for PUPPETRY OF THE PENIS and our tour in 2004 continues to grow.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
sgtar15 - get a fucking job.

you have WAY too much time on your hands.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Bob and Tom interviewed them about a year ago, wierdos.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Google is NOT your friend.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#5]
lol i'm too scared to try that link
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#6]
My gf actually tried to get me to go see that...I guess the "holy god fuck NO" was enough to make her refrain from bringing it up again.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top