Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 7:43:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#1]
saracat (1000+ posts) Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Aug-30-04 02:14 AM
Original message
I had a horrible experience canvassing today. We went out canvassing

Democrats today to ask them to support Kerry and our local candidates. We were in apartment complexes and lower middle class housing. The young Democrats living there told us they were voting for Bush! We even met a young marine who said he was just back from Iraq and supports the war, which is why he is voting for Bush. These people have nothing and they are the ones Bush is hurting the most, and yet they support him.And they are registered Dems and young. Why is this happening. I thought our base was solid. This is very frightening. We walked for five hours and only met two people who supported Kerry on our Democratic list! What does this mean?

Alert | Hide Thread | Nominate Topic for Homepage Printer Friendly | Reply | Top

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
45 states and maybe California. Who said that and who backed him up?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Vincardog (44 posts)      Mon Aug-30-04 05:42 PM
Response to Reply #25

73. Brilliant way to get them to see the light

There is a way to help them see the light. It is called the Republican Platform. Get a Copy ask them if that is what they support.

Affirm that we are a GW Bush Christian Nation.
Extend the Death Penalty to Rape.
Ban ALL Abortions
Privatize Social Security Phase out all Government payments.
Repeal the Minimum Wage
Prohibit regulation of Private Schools and use vouchers to fund them use this device to bankrupt public education.
Criminalize Homosexuality and include it in the Death Penalty group.
Oppose the Endangered Species Act.

If they agree with this platform runaway from them. If not ask them why they want to follow GW Custer?

Vince

This dude acts like this is a bad thing...!

...!

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]
... And the source for all this consternation?

The heart of the UZI Triangle – ARIZONA

…. buaaahhahhhaaa

Arizona, Maricopa County. Phoenix - We are supposed to be a swing state as well.But these were our democrats. That is what blows my mind!

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Why is this happening?  give you a hint:

BTW, why do liberals find it unfathomable that the not-rich and not-white sometimes vote Republican, but find nothing odd in the super-wealthy supporting leftist, liberal causes like Soros, Teresa, and Soros do?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Man they are going to explode at DU after Bush wins again.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#9]
SWEEEEEEEET!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#10]
i love it!
we may want to start registering names there now to make some posts on the night of Nov. 2nd
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
saracat (1000+ posts) Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Aug-30-04 02:14 AM
Original message
I had a horrible experience canvassing today. We went out canvassing

Democrats today to ask them to support Kerry and our local candidates. We were in apartment complexes and lower middle class housing. The young Democrats living there told us they were voting for Bush! We even met a young marine who said he was just back from Iraq and supports the war, which is why he is voting for Bush. These people have nothing and they are the ones Bush is hurting the most, and yet they support him.And they are registered Dems and young. Why is this happening. I thought our base was solid. This is very frightening. We walked for five hours and only met two people who supported Kerry on our Democratic list! What does this mean?

It means

FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#12]
What would be fun would be to start posting now and acting like a regular DU'ers.

Then, on the eve of the elction, we all post stuff about how we had been planning on voting for Kerry all along, but when we got to the ballot box we had to pull the lever for Bush.

Oh, how they would melt down.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i love it!
we may want to start registering names there now to make some posts on the night of Nov. 2nd

You'll need five or six to keep the good times rolling...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Direct quote explaining why...

That they are ignorant apolitical semi retarded Morans!

Need I say more?

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#15]
It'd be nice if they could spell moron right.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It'd be nice if they could spell moron right.

... You do know the history behind that don't you? It was ripped from a Freepers poster and they ride it for all it's worth
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw something a while ago that said 15% of democrats are planning to vote Bush, while only 3% of republicans are planning to vote for Kerry.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

And I will be there to see the meltdown on election night---and report back here of course!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
i love it!

After being banned the first time I registered after less than 50 posts, I have been able to last over 400 posts with my second one.  On Nov 3rd, I know I am going to get banned but it will be well worth it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I saw something a while ago that said 15% of democrats are planning to vote Bush, while only 3% of republicans are planning to vote for Kerry.

No intelligent, thinking, intellectually honest person could support Kerry.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

…. buaaahhahhhaaa

Arizona, Maricopa County. Phoenix - We are supposed to be a swing state as well.But these were our democrats. That is what blows my mind!

If my state goes for W, then there ain't no such critter as a swing state.

CW
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
LOL... read this one... the audacity!  Imagine not having a victim mentality!

Most Americans do not view themselves and poor or lower middle class, although many are just that. Most Americans, of all classes, see themselves as pre-rich. Many people, even though studies say there is LESS class mobility now than in the past, think if only they work hard enough they too can be CEO. I'll bet this train of thought is very prevalent among young people who are just starting out.

It's called 'The American Dream' and while the Dems may not believe in it, I would hope most 'normal' folks do...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I will be there to see the meltdown on election night---and report back here of course!

Ditto
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

…. buaaahhahhhaaa

Muhahahahaha! The power of the Uzi Triangle sways all!!@  

We should find out where they go canvassing and smack 'em in the knees with pool cues.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Direct quote explaining why...

That they are ignorant apolitical semi retarded Morans!

Need I say more?

ignorant and retarded are good descriptions of Congressman Moran (D) from Virginia, but "apolitical politician" is an oxymoron.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Everytime somebody tells me to check out that forum I'm confronted by 2 things;

1.) A large group of idiots.

2.) The worst, most confusing, bullshit forum software ever launched into cyberspace.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top