Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/11/2006 9:02:10 AM EDT
I dont like Valentine's Day either, but you dont see me doing this crap.

Saturday, Feb. 11, 2006 12:16 p.m. EST

Muslims in Violent Valentine's Day Protest

Nearly two dozen black-veiled Muslim women stormed gift and stationery shops Friday in Kashmir, India, burning Valentine's Day cards and posters to protest a holiday they say imposes Western values on Muslim youth.

No one was hurt in the half-dozen or so incidents, and police cordoned off the area to prevent the women from marching through Srinagar's main shopping district to continue their ransacking.

The women were from the Kashmiri Islamic group Dukhtaran-e-Millat, or Daughters of the Community, Kashmir's only women's separatist group, whose members are also known for their fiercely conservative social views.

"We will not let anyone sell these cards or celebrate Valentine's Day," said Asiya Andrabi, the group's leader, as she held a burning poster in her hand. "These Western gimmicks are corrupting our kids and taking them away from their roots."

She said that the raids were carried out "not to harm anyone but to make them realize that this is against Islam's teachings."

The protesters dispersed after chanting religious slogans. Mohammad Sarwar, though, was furious as he looked over the goods tossed around his small stationery store.

"They barged in, grabbed cards and posters and burnt them outside. Most of the cards were not even Valentine cards. It is difficult to do business with such threats looming overhead," he said.

Valentine's Day has become increasingly popular in India over the past decade. But it has also become a cultural flash point, opposed each year in India by conservative Hindu and Muslim groups who see it as a reflection of growing permissiveness.

newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/2/11/121928.shtml?s=ic
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:03:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#2]
are they ever not angry?

edit: they're like hornets, always a little pissed off
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Don't offend Muslims. They're peaceful people. They're just like most Nazis during WWII. Those who aren't actually KILLING and DESTROYING everything are quite peaceful.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#5]
IBTL
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#6]
excuse me while my blood pressure erupts into oblivion.....

FUCKING DAMMIT DONT YOU PEOPLE HAVE ANY RESPECT WHATSOEVER FOR ANOTHER HUMAN BEINGS RIGHT TO CHOOSE
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#7]
McDonald's and MTV will do what the US military will not.
~
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#8]
What are muslims not against?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

FUCKING DAMMIT DONT YOU PEOPLE HAVE ANY RESPECT WHATSOEVER FOR ANOTHER HUMAN BEINGS RIGHT TO CHOOSE

[Arab accent]

Yes of course! You have the right to choose Islam or choose being beheaded.

Your choice.

[/Arab Accent]

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:11:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[Arab accent]

Your choice.

[/Arab Accent]

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Oh no you didn't!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[Arab accent]

Your choice.

[/Arab Accent]

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
members.cox.net/_themacallan/MuhammedAvatar5.gif

Oh no you didn't!

It's related to the topic - violent extremism in the name of Mohammed (Islam).

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Don't offend Muslims. They're peaceful people. They're just like most Nazis during WWII. Those who aren't actually KILLING and DESTROYING everything are quite peaceful.

members.cox.net/_themacallan/MuhammedAvatar5.gif

That's actually a very astute analogy.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#16]
A part of me really wants them to try that schitt here in America..I just wonder.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Hmmmmm. I just don't know what to think.

Kinda funny though really. That we are able to get these peoples panties in a super knot over a cheesy holiday...........Yep I love the USA, anyway back to my Sonic Supersonic cheeseburger, fries and Route 44 Dr. Pepper......
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Damn, I wonder if they are EVER happy.

They are usually dancing in the streets after a major terrorist attack.  

So I guess violence would bring joy to them.

-Fidel
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
A part of me really wants them to try that schitt here in America..I just wonder.

Didn't a bunch of Nation of Islam guys smash up arab-owned liquor stores a few weeks ago - out West somewhere?

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#20]
There will be no reasoning or placating these people...ever.

There really is only one course of action to take and people better wake up and get on board before it's too late.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't a bunch of Nation of Islam guys smash up arab-owned liquor stores a few weeks ago - out West somewhere?

that was in california, technically not part of america anymore...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
There will be no reasoning or placating these people...ever.

There really is only one course of action to take and people better wake up and get on board before it's too late.

Sad but true....
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#25]
And yet some people still try to defend the ROP, saying that a majority of them are peaceful.

Peaceful my ass! They are only peaceful when one of these two conditions are present:

1. You totally and completely do as they say.

2. There are not sufficient numbers of them in a given nation to force their will on everyone else.

Those are the only two ways I see them being peaceful. If this latest craziness is not enough to convince people that this religion is as evil as Nazi-ism, I don't know what would.

I am sorry if that's not PC, but I am not about PC'ness. I call things as I see them.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:49:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which was a refreshing change for the liquor store owners from the robberies and drive-by shootings that the fine young Americans are doing 20-30 times a day in LA.

Good point !!

I guess when you're at the receiving end of the violence, the motive really doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#29]
I was thinking about registering a Website: either Muslims Against God or Muslims Against Islam
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#30]
There are some brilliant Islamic scholars and philosophers. Also, Louis Farrakhan is a gifted violinist. Achmed Sixpack, however, seems to have the reasoning power and maturity of a 3 year-old. It seems that Islam in action is the behavior of toddlers, but with guns, bombs, and airplane tickets. "You hurt my feelings! I'm gonna kill you!"

Just as your little tyke shakes his tiny fists in gut-wrenching agony and squeals his homicidal fantasies when his will is thwarted, the political autistics and emotional retards of Mohammedanism stomp their feet and scream themselves hoarse and swear vengeance on those who "insult" their faith. The difference is that the tantrums of Islam end not with impotent tears and runny noses and a nap in whose dreams rage dissolves into visions of Teletubbies and Scuffy the Tugboat, but with severed heads and burning buildings.

What Kipling infelicitously called "the white man's burden" is real, though hardly the responsibility of white people per se. Self-preservation, no less than the divinely imposed obligation of every man to uplift and improve the lot of his brother, demands that the infantilism and disorder of Islamic culture be uprooted and eradicated. If they cannot be made into cultural Anglo-Saxons who differ from us only in that they trace their social obligations to the sovereignty of Allah rather than the fatherhood of God, they can be taught that honesty is essential to commerce in ideas as well as in goods; that violence has no place in the stock of routine political expression; and that if your God has any pretense to reality, he is quite capable of responding to insults without your sawing off anyone's head. As with individual children, it may be that there is something in the Islamic faith or the character of its devotees that will prevent them ever internalizing the principles that guide Anglo-Saxons of every color and tongue in their daily affairs. However, as with individual children, they can be brought by rote memory and fear of consequences to conform their behavior to the dictates of civilization.

We presently fight not a continuation of the Crusades (though that is a noble enough antecedent), but a continuation of a far older and nobler war: the struggle between order and chaos; between civilization and savagery; between light and darkness. We can answer the call and engage the enemy, or we can rest assured that some generations hence our descendants will be making cave drawings by the light of burning books.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#31]
They are just mad because they are SSOOOOOOOOOOOO UGLY and have rotten beavers!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#32]
IBTL
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Copyright approx 661 A.D., all rights reserved INFIDEL!!!

Quoted:
The Religion of Outrage Peace®

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
There are some brilliant Islamic scholars and philosophers. Also, Louis Farrakhan is a gifted violinist. Achmed Sixpack, however, seems to have the reasoning power and maturity of a 3 year-old. It seems that Islam in action is the behavior of toddlers, but with guns, bombs, and airplane tickets. "You hurt my feelings! I'm gonna kill you!"

Just as your little tyke shakes his tiny fists in gut-wrenching agony and squeals his homicidal fantasies when his will is thwarted, the political autistics and emotional retards of Mohammedanism stomp their feet and scream themselves hoarse and swear vengeance on those who "insult" their faith. The difference is that the tantrums of Islam end not with impotent tears and runny noses and a nap in whose dreams rage dissolves into visions of Teletubbies and Scuffy the Tugboat, but with severed heads and burning buildings.

What Kipling infelicitously called "the white man's burden" is real, though hardly the responsibility of white people per se. Self-preservation, no less than the divinely imposed obligation of every man to uplift and improve the lot of his brother, demands that the infantilism and disorder of Islamic culture be uproot

You think FarraKHAN is brilliant!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Well, he can sing Calypso music pretty well................anything else is pretty much a wash

Quoted:

Quoted:

What Kipling infelicitously called "the white man's burden" is real, though hardly the responsibility of white people per se. Self-preservation, no less than the divinely imposed obligation of every man to uplift and improve the lot of his brother, demands that the infantilism and disorder of Islamic culture be uproot

You think FarraKHAN is brilliant!

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

This thinking, while it sounds good, is exactly why we are in the position we are in today.

Freedom and right to choose SHOULD have limits.

If EVERYBODY has the inherint right to choose chaos will follow.

You might choose to have sex with my minor daughter, doesn't measn I'm not going to choose to skin you alive because of it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#37]
I think we should burn all the Val day stores here too.  Damned western values...

Who likes val-day here anyway?

I think it's worth it to have the Anti-Val-Day parties though... Those are fun.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This thinking, while it sounds good, is exactly why we are in the position we are in today.

Freedom and right to choose SHOULD have limits.

If EVERYBODY has the inherint right to choose chaos will follow.

You might choose to have sex with my minor daughter, doesn't measn I'm not going to choose to skin you alive because of it.

I suppose. I know what you mean but what irks me is that these people just cant comprehend that all humans have a choice of morals, religion, standards,etc...they just keep trying to force it upon whoever they can.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Well shit I know singles awareness day can be tough on you but crazy bitches running through the streets burkahs and all burning up cards.  But then remember that because they are so shielded they don't even know how to read the damn cards so they burn up get well soon cards.  Those guys have it made.  They have these slaves that are there wives.  They do all the work.  They have sex on the snap of a finger...but only to produce children.  These females must be mentally ill we started handing out freedom certificates.  saying to the world.  oppression isn't cool anymore folks.  knocking heads in kicking doors down.  They wanna act stupid let them act stupid but Im really hoping our government is spying on them as good as they are spying on us because I am already on call ready to jump in and kick some tail.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#40]
The whole concept of "forcing Western values" on the youth of India gives us a glimpse into the Islamic mind.

Nothing about Islam involves free will or any form of freedom for that matter.  I suppose that some of these women see the offerings in a retail shop as a form of forced conversion.  Face it, if you are a woman in most of the Islamic world, you are forced into your lot in life under penalty of pain or death.

That being said, Allah must be a pussy.  If Allah has to have mentally challenged boys and ignorant girls for the purpose of suicide bombings, then he is impotent.  To sum this up, Allah is  not THE GOD.  He doesn't even rank as any low grade god.  Allah does not exist.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Wow, color me surprised....again.

And people wonder why I wrote off islam, and dislike them intensely.

Yet people still come to their defense
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Burn baby, burn.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Perhaps the thread that is found at the link below will shed some light on whether islam can evolve with modern times or not.

Leave it cold, please.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/242875/thread/1138834989/last-1139164775/Islamic+Republic+to+become+Islamic+Rule

BTW,  the board, where the above referrenced link is found, is a middle eastern/persian gulf defense related forum and, as such, many of the views which are expressed there are very pro-islam/anti-american in nature. Be forewarned, some (or most) of the messages will likely make you angry. However, it's probably a good idea to lurk there (at least occassionally) because it can give some good insight into what the "other side" is thinking.

Here's a link to the index of the board itself. Again, please leave it cold.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/242875/
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Great day in the morning! Even I didn't think the ROP could/would squawk Valentine's day!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

If history is a window to the future, they will peacefully coexist until they are somewhere between 25 and 33% of the population in a given state/country. At that point small issues of violence will occur and within the clustered communities of Muslims the host nation's laws will practically disappear. When the percentage hits anything close to 50% war is inevitable.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#47]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Gunnery Sergeant Hartman] What is this Mickey Mouse shit? What are you two animals doing in my beloved head? Why is Private PyleMohammed out of his bunk after lights out? Why is Private Pyle Mohammed holding that weapon? Why are you not stomping Private Pyle's Mohamed's guts out? [/Gunnery Sergeant Hartman]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that was in california, technically not part of america anymore...

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Oh they just need a big hug! They are SO cute!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top