Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2001 5:30:01 AM EDT
[url]http://www.portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;$sessionid$5HUOU4QAACGEXQFIQMGCFFWAVCBQUIV0?xml=/news/2001/12/24/wbin24.xml&sSheet=/portal/2001/12/24/ixport.html[/url]

[b]Uranium and cyanide found in drums at bin Laden base
By Barbie Dutter in Kandahar and Ben Fenton
(Filed: 24/12/2001)

URANIUM has been found in an al-Qa'eda base outside Kandahar - the first evidence that Osama bin Laden had obtained materials for a nuclear arsenal, it was revealed yesterday.

The discovery gives some credibility to the fear that he could unleash a weapon of mass destruction as his dying act.
[/b]

More...
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 5:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]
interesting, but not new. everyone knew this, before the gov't even said, it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 6:03:17 AM EDT
[#2]
If OBL still has any wind in his sails, I predict we'll know in the next 24 hours.  If Christmas passes quietly, I believe the worst is over.  I pray.

shooter
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#3]
ShooterX308

It is not Christmas that I worry about. If Osama head has a nuke or other extreamly nasty weapon it will be New Years that will be the bigest target. Think about Times Square at the stroke of midnight with all those people, and what it would be like if a suitecase nuke were to be detonated. Over one million dead, and you might just as well say good by to NYC for a few years at least. And how about the EMP effect. I have told everyone I can to not go to Times Square or even to any first night celebration for New Years. Look at it this way what big event happens during Christmas none that I can think of, but New Years all those parties filled with potential victims. If I was a terrorist I might even give up on a couple of those virgins just to take out Times Square.

All the people reading this please try to stay away from NYC on New Years Eve.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 12:25:30 AM EDT
[#4]
What's the name of that former UN inspector that appears on every Fox news interview spewing BS about these lowly terrorists NOT having nukes or nuclear material? And what are those other so called they don't have nukes "experts" saying now?

Someone should slap all their smug, know it all, faces, Larry, Moe and Curly style! Then poke their eyes out.

Everyone get ready. There is no fun in an "I told you so" after a tragic nuclear incident. I hope they didn't get a hold of the refined stuff. On the other hand, dirty nukes can be just as bad as the real thing in terms of fallout.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 6:11:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I've not seen reference to this story on cnn.com or other sites such as abcnews.com.  What gives?
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 6:37:02 AM EDT
[#6]
hehe says in drums but how much is there?

stuff is prob. depleted uranium .should have been able to pick it up cheap after the golf war we used tons of it in anti tank "silver bullet".

cyanide is bad stuff but anyone can get it use in gold mining and copper mining all the time.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#7]
The Uranium is not the processed type used for making nukes.  They could have made a dirty bomb with it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top