Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/2/2004 6:13:40 PM EST
Don't have any near where I live in NC, but since I am in MO for a few months I went to two in St. Louis today to get a few items for my Cherokee.

For a pack rat like me they rule! I got a blower motor, the throttle body with all sensors, a center console, cruise control module, interior door handle, and some other misc parts for less than I would have paid for a remanufactured blower motor from a parts store.

Plus it was a decent way to kill a day.

Hell if I ever have the cash and time to do a second business I know a yard like that would be a huge hit near me in NC!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:17:04 PM EST
I need to find one with a caprice I need a prt off one and I can never find it
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:18:24 PM EST
yeah and they dont charge you for the little thingies that somehow make their way into cargo pockets. I love u pull its.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:19:29 PM EST
hell I had the bottom of my box covered in little thingies the guy saw em and never charged me
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:22:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By Taxman:

What're you looking for?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:30:10 PM EST
My dad had a caprice and some car thieves stole a brand new caprice and stripped it behind his store. We called the police, they came out and took a report. They said they would send a wrecker for the remains. My dads caprice was several years older and was a working car. So it had lots of wear and tear. The bad guys too all the big stuff like doors, hood, truck lid, wheels, tires, seats, battery and radio. Left everything else.

We waited and nothing for weeks. So one day my dad says to watch the store. He gets his tools and gets to work. Brand new radiator, his was leaking. Grill, some suspension pieces, interior stuff and some glass even. They never did get that wreck for over 6 months. Just left it there. He finally called a junk yard and they took it away for parts and scrap.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:32:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By FLAL1A:

Originally Posted By Taxman:

What're you looking for?

If I can get some of that action let me know .
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:34:43 PM EST
I need a Wheel house, for a 95 Impala so one off a roundbody caprice will work.

The wheelhouse goes under the fender skin. Google sreach it.

I can order one but they olny ship freight so it would be $90 plus 120 shipping.

If you can get one let me know
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:37:47 PM EST
I was also cool because I am a firefighter back home and walking through looking at a lot of the cars I was able to point out the various extrication methods that had been used on the vehicles to my buddy.

"they did a roof roll here" "they popped the door off here""this guy most likely didn't make it, going by the amount of damage and the fact that it appears they were in no hurry to get him out""they did a dash roll here" I think he was amazed at the complexity of all the methods and tools I was describing.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:15:30 PM EST
Anyone know where I could get that part?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:29:10 PM EST
I found a 95 camaro z28 in my friends apartment parking lot. It was sitting on it's rims for months in a spot and nobody called the police. Finally we called the police one day when we were bored and they came and said the car was not reported stolen, we were gonna take a few things but we never did because we were worried that the owner might have been murdered and I want no part of that. I mean how do you not notice your car is stolen after 6+ months?
Top Top