Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/17/2005 9:25:14 PM EDT
Having a discussion with a buddy and we were wondering how many americans soldiers have died in iraq since the "war on " started.  ive been trying to google it here at work, but our boss put a firewall on the computers, so certain key words (death, casualties, etc) will not let specific pages load.  

thanks
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#1]
1858 Killed

If I remeber right about 75-80% of that number are from hostile actions.

icasualties.org/oif/
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks,  thats about what we were thinking
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#5]
How many did we lose at Normandy?

Perspective... so lost on the left and the media... (One and the same?)

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

more than 1858 in that single day
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#7]
How many are KIA and how many are due to accidents?   People die in the military everyday.  Its a reality you face when you sign the papers.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#8]
In a Senate Armed Services Committee meeting,  a Senator(John Warner) said that the US Military was losing a battallion troops every month.  His exact quote was "We are losing a battallion size of troops every month in Iraq to killed and wounded".   A battallion is  1000 troops.  We have been in Iraq since 2003.  So if you do those numbers,  you get 24 months we have been in Iraq X 1000 troops lost each month = we have lost  24,000 troops to death or injury since the Iraq war began.  Not saying that is true,  I hope it isnt.  BUt it opens up the possibility.

That is double the official figure of 1800 dead and 13,000 wounded.

If you read the Iraqi Resistance reports that get posted on the internet from supposedly the "Islamic Army in Iraq",  they report at least 20 US KIA every day (usually from IED's and rocket/missile attacks).   Which would support what the US Senator said.

Maybe a more important question is how much of the "Islamic Army in Iraq"  has been taken out.

EDIT:  Here is the transcript of what the Senator said  Look for Reeds comments.

Also a battallion is 300-1000 troops.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#9]
The real answer is to truly open the can of whoop-ass and win this outright, then bring 'em home for some cold ones and stoogies.

Far too much pussy-footing around to look benevolent to the French et al...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
In a Senate meeting,  a Senator said that the US Military was losing 1,000 troops every month... "blah, blah".

Who was this senator and is he/she credible?  Senators have been known to have disconnects with the truth from time to time.....

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
In a Senate meeting,  a Senator said that the US Military was losing 1,000 troops every month.  His exact quote was "We are losing a battallion size of troops every month in Iraq".   A battallion is 1000 troops.  We have been in Iraq since 2003.  So if you do those numbers,  you get 24 months we have been in Iraq X 1000 troops lost each month = we have lost 24,000 troops to death or injury since the Iraq war began.

If you read the Iraqi Resistance reports that get posted on the internet from supposedly the "Islamic Army in Iraq",  they report at least 20 US KIA every day (usually from IED's and rocket/missile attacks).   Which would support what the US Senator said.

Maybe a more important questions is how much of the resistance force in Iraq has been taken out.

Horseshit  troll.

We have lost 1858 dead in Iraq and 13778 wounded. Of the wounded about 70% are returned to duty.

So total absolute losses to this point are about 6000 NOT 24,000.

If you believe anything from “Islamic Army in Iraq’ you are a fucking imbecile .
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:20:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In a Senate meeting,  a Senator said that the US Military was losing 1,000 troops every month... "blah, blah".

Who was this senator and is he/she credible?  Senators have been known to have disconnects with the truth from time to time.....

It was the Senate Armed Services committee.

Max_Mike,  dont steam at me.  Our own government said it.  

The Senate Armed Services committee would know more then anybody.  If one of them says we lose a battallion a month in Iraq,  I beleive them.  That is their job and they are permitted alot more information then I am.

Also I dont beleive the "Islamic Army" internet postings.   What harm is there in reading both sides of the story?  Im a little above understanding what propaganda is and I know how to take things with a grain of salt,  on both sides.

At least im not ignorant like you are.  Post your information if you feel you know more then the Senate Armed Services committee?  

Edit:  Here is the transcript of what the Senator said

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I think we lost about 1500 just taking okinawa in ww2...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Max_Mike,  dont steam at me.  Our own government said it.  And it was already said Icasualties was not accurate.  How many times does a General have to go on TV and say "We dont do casualty figures" for you to get the hint.

The Senate Armed Services committee would know more then anybody.  If one of them says we lost a battallion a month in Iraq,  I beleive them.  That is their job and they are permitted alot more information then I am.

Who was the Senator... notice you don't have a name.

Stop the lies .
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#15]
HKS, who on the Armed Services Committee? You do realize that there are asshats from both sides on that committee, right?

Or are you just out doing a little tonight?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

No

Over 12,000 dead at Okinawa
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I will dig up the transcript.  I am doing that now,  I have 358 pages of archives to go through,  give me at least an hour.  Found it,  here.  Look for Warners comments.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#18]
The casualties are a very acceptable number, Compare it to the number of people killed in auto accidents in the US annually.

It is actually safer in Iraq than it is Driving in the US.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
In a Senate meeting,  a Senator said that the US Military was losing 1,000 troops every month.  His exact quote was "We are losing a battallion size of troops every month in Iraq".   A battallion is 1000 troops.  We have been in Iraq since 2003.  So if you do those numbers,  you get 24 months we have been in Iraq X 1000 troops lost each month = we have lost 24,000 troops to death or injury since the Iraq war began.

The Iraqis think that everytime they hit a HMMWV with an IED that 5 people MUST have died.  When in actuality, often, the humvee is a burned piece of shit afterwards but the peeeps inside get only minor injuries.  The 155s they are often using aren't very good for taking out vehicles (up armored) unless they are under them.  The explosions from the side of the road make an impressive display on tape but really isn't as deadly as they would like you to think.

As far as casualties on "D-Day"...there are no real solid numbers that I am aware of...estimates generally say 10,000 "casualties" among the allies.  The numbers I can find are 1500 dead, double that wounded, 2000 missing (some may have been found alive after the battle...they were missing due to fucked up navigation and such...however many, many soldiers drowned or were washed away.)

D-Day was not a very bloody battle by the scale of the day...(overall) but it was very very bloody for those that had to hit the beaches in the first wave.

*note, many were buried there that died weeks later in other engagements in the Normandy area, not all of those died on D-Day.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:31:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#21]
We've lost this many so far in Iraq.

.............................................................................................................................................................
.............................................................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:36:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Max_Mike,  dont steam at me.  Our own government said it.  And it was already said Icasualties was not accurate.  How many times does a General have to go on TV and say "We dont do casualty figures" for you to get the hint.

The Senate Armed Services committee would know more then anybody.  If one of them says we lost a battallion a month in Iraq,  I beleive them.  That is their job and they are permitted alot more information then I am.

Who was the Senator... notice you don't have a name.

Stop the lies .

Actually, this is horseshit, but it's more an obfuscation than a lie.  The figure mentioned includes non-combat medical evacuations.  I had a buddy who was shipped home for having a big cyst on his balls.  Stuff like that.

And anyone who places any faith in what the insurgents say is an imbecile.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#23]
We lost far more in Korea on both per day and as a percentage of those that served.  North Korea never attacked us.  

But then again, it was the first UN multinational effort.  And their success has been going downhill ever since.

Had President Truman not pulled General Mac, we would have won it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No

Over 12,000 dead at Okinawa

I would also mention Pelileu, which was a totally uneccesary strategic move.  1500 dead.

Or 800 dead in the Slapton Sands incident.

Or the first day of the Battle of the Somme, where the British suffered 58,000 casualties with 20,000 KIA.  In one day, the first of 41 in that single battle in a four year war.

I've buried friends from this war, so I'm not trying to be flippant.  But the operational casualties we've suffered since 9/11 are militarily insignificant by any standard.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Having a discussion with a buddy and we were wondering how many americans soldiers have died in iraq since the "war on " started.  ive been trying to google it here at work, but our boss put a firewall on the computers, so certain key words (death, casualties, etc) will not let specific pages load.  

thanks

Smells like shit in here.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Maybe a more important question is how much of the "Islamic Army in Iraq"  has been taken out.

Maybe a better question is which fucking moron of a Senator said that?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Senator Warner of Virginia.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also I dont beleive the "Islamic Army" internet postings.   What harm is there in reading both sides of the story?  Im a little above understanding what propaganda is and I know how to take things with a grain of salt,  on both sides.

At least im not ignorant like you are.  Post your information if you feel you know more then the Senate Armed Services committee?  I didnt think so.

ah. So you ARE a douchebag

The 'don't do casualty counts' remark you so blithely toss off is ABOUT  COUNTING ENEMY KIA, no our own troop-deaths.

And if you know the Committee, you know the name, cough it up. The Senate Armed Services Committee is no fucking sinecure from jackass morons, either.

Right from the source, the Committee members:

FULL COMMITTEE MEMBERS

REPUBLICANS
John Warner (Virginia)
Chairman

John McCain (Arizona)
James M. Inhofe (Oklahoma)
Pat Roberts (Kansas)
Jeff Sessions (Alabama)
Susan M. Collins (Maine)
John Ensign (Nevada)
James M. Talent (Missouri)
Saxby Chambliss (Georgia)
Lindsey O. Graham (South Carolina)
Elizabeth Dole (North Carolina)
John Cornyn (Texas)
John Thune (South Dakota)

DEMOCRATS

Carl Levin (Michigan)
Ranking Member

Edward M. Kennedy (Massachusetts)
Robert C. Byrd (West Virginia)

Joseph I. Lieberman (Connecticut)
Jack Reed (Rhode Island)
Daniel K. Akaka (Hawaii)
Bill Nelson (Florida)
E. Benjamin Nelson (Nebraska)
Mark Dayton (Minnesota)
Evan Bayh (Indiana)
Hillary Rodham Clinton (New York)

Now which one of these LYING HYPOCRITICAL SCUMBAGS uttered your throwaway quote?  My quatloos are on that bastard Kennedy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Read my post he
The head of the Senate Armed Services Committee said it.  Senator Warner.  From Virginia.  Who is a Republican.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Read my post

I posted the transcript.

The head of the Senate Armed Services Committee said it.  Senator Warner.  From Virginia.  Who is a Republican.

So you're trying to imply that the military is covering up casualty figures?  Describe the mechanics of this conspiracy.  Is hush money being paid to the thousands of families that have lost sons and daughters the government didn't report?  Is the huge, sensationalistic media machine in the US part of the plot?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Well imagine that. The first result on a search for US losing a Battalion a month is TruthOut - an org proven to be a bunch of fucking LLLiars on more than one occasion.

And the first result to actually include the quote is that cock-gobbler Markos "Screw'em" Zuniga - the US Cit that danced on the torn / hung corpses of US cits in Fallujah [spit].

btw, 'a battalion a month' is a frequent LLLoser comment about Vietnam. No surprise these cunts are trying to insert that phrase into the current debate on Iraq in their incessant attempts to re-cast this conflict in teh Vietnam mold.

Fucking LLLIberals, for all their self-congratulatory bullshit, are NOT 'Creative' enough to even come up with some new rhetoric - they have to keep recycling shit from their Glory Days of 30yrs ago. Pathetic.

Liberals are Traitors.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Your curiosity is the fault of the leftist media.  They have made such a big deal out of the number of deaths resulting from this war.  "Almost 1,000"...."The war dead in Iraq has hit 1,000!"...."1,500 US Troops have died in the very short time since the beginning of the war"...."The number of dead US service members nearly doubled in the last 6 months"...etc, etc.  

It's the left's attempt to bash the war by making numbers somehow significant to our reason for being there.

As if the American people are going to stand up and say, "That's too many - bring them all home - we give up."

The terrorists would view such an action as a golden opportunity.  All they would need to do in any future conflicts is kill 'x' amount of US troops and they'll eventually prevail.

It's not about numbers.

Gee 82nd, doesn't this remind us of Vietnam with the same shit the media pulled then?
"All The Way, All-American"
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Well imagine that. The first result on a search for US losing a Battalion a month is TruthOut - an org proven to be a bunch of fucking LLLiars on more than one occasion.

And the first result to actually include the quote is that cock-gobbler Markos "Screw'em" Zuniga - the US Cit that danced on the torn / hung corpses of US cits in Fallujah [spit].

btw, 'a battalion a month' is a frequent LLLoser comment about Vietnam. No surprise these cunts are trying to insert that phrase into the current debate on Iraq in their incessant attempts to re-cast this conflict in teh Vietnam mold.

Fucking LLLIberals, for all their self-congratulatory bullshit, are NOT 'Creative' enough to even come up with some new rhetoric - they have to keep recycling shit from their Glory Days of 30yrs ago. Pathetic.

Liberals are Traitors.

Yup.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Here's the fucking Kos link:
http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:5fvVsIi7zJgJ:www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/6/24/123439/758+US+losing+a+Battalion+a+month+%2Bkennedy&hl=en
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Senator Warner of Virginia.

Not nearly good enough, douchebag. Link, context, cite and exact quote. None of this LLLiberal horseshit of selective misquoting.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:04:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
So you're trying to imply that the military is covering up casualty figures?  Describe the mechanics of this conspiracy.  Is hush money being paid to the thousands of families that have lost sons and daughters the government didn't report?  Is the huge, sensationalistic media machine in the US part of the plot?

Im just presenting the facts here on what the Senate Armed Services Committe said.  

Im not saying there is a conspiracy.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:04:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Read my post

I posted the transcript.

Hear hear. Not enough tinfoil in all of Reynolds' factories to wrap this fucking clown in.

Shove your "" HKS, you assclown. YOU are the LLLiberal twat in here trying to push a conspiracy theory of ridiculous proportion
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:05:34 PM EDT
[#38]
You guys are blind!

I posted the transcript of the Senate meeting a long time ago.

TRANSCRIPT OF THE SENATE ARMED SERVICES COMMITTE MEETING

You owe me an apology.  Read it and stop ;ing.  This is like kindergarten.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:06:04 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im just presenting the facts here on what the Senate Armed Services Committe said.  

The mechanics of the conspiracy?  I dont know,  its better to not have the masses know about it?  The numbers Warner implied at was only double the official figures.  If they cut the figure in half and tell the public maybe there will be less drama?  I dont know the truth,  im just presenting what I know.

Hush money?  Would $100,000 make a family keep hush hush?  And who has gone around and tallied up all the families to see if the numbers mathched?  Im not even saying there is a conspiracy.

It is a known fact that the US Media is controlled by the US govt in this time of war.  If you remember at the beginning of the war it was said that the US Military PSY OPS were controlling the media and censoring information about the war from both sides.

I'm fucking done wasting time on this twat. Y'all enjoy yourselves.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#40]
NO, you fucking dolt, you're posting on a board FULL of former military, active military, and people with deep and extensive ties to military families. NOT some fucking LLLib-Traitor cesspit where anything negative about the Military is automatically accepted as defeatist gospel.
WE'D KNOW if the deaths were out of sync with the Official reports.

Next thing you know, you'll be railing about PNAC, LIHOP, MIHOP, and a 5.0% Unemp rate being the 'Coming of a Second Depression'.

We are SO tired of your pathetic ilk.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
NO, you fucking dolt, you're posting on a board FULL of former military, active military, and people with deep and extensive ties to military families. NOT some fucking LLLib-Traitor cesspit where anything negative about the Military is automatically accepted as defeatist gospel.
WE'D KNOW if the deaths were out of sync with the Official reports.

Next thing you know, you'll be railing about PNAC, LIHOP, MIHOP, and a 5.0% Unemp rate being the 'Coming of a Second Depression'.

We are SO tired of your pathetic ilk.

Read what the Senator said.

Dont shoot the messenger.  I am not Senator Warner from Virginia.  Who isnt a liberal btw.  

And btw I have family in the Military too.  So you are not holier then thou.

You are arrogant ,  thats about it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#42]
And that the Pentagon was hit by a missile.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

more than 1858 in that single day

Actually we lost more troops taking an 8 square mile Island than on D-Day.
It was called Iwo Jima
26,000 casualties, 6,800 of them KIA. For an 8 sq mile island .
The US forces lost 6603 men in Normandy on D-Day.
It's one of the reasons we decided to drop the bomb, the Japanese were making the war too costly.

Kind of makes the Iraq debacle look like a minor incursion.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#44]
"messenger" my ass. You're a delusion freak that thinks the Media is controlled by the US Govt, despite our all having just witnessed a grotesque campaign season where time after time after time, the LLLiberal MSM was in COMPLETE LOCKSTEP with the DNC in their Administration / Bush-bashing.

You piss on our heads with 'controlled by the govt' and tell us it's raining beer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But it is a known fact that the US Media is controlled by the US govt in this time of war.  If you remember at the beginning of the war it was said that the US Military PSY OPS were controlling the media and censoring information about the war from both sides.

Let me post the original, pre-edit version of this where you implied that the families of dead soldiers are taking money from the government in exchange for not making a fuss about their dead son or daughter:

No, you're taking a quote out of context and using it to support a conspiracy theory where the government is covering up American war dead.

The mechanics of the conspiracy? I dont know, its better to not have the masses know about it? The numbers Warner implied at was only double the official figures. If they cut the figure in half and tell the public maybe there will be less drama? I dont know the truth, im just presenting what I know.

Conspiracy theorists can rarely present an idea as to how a conspiracy is executed.  You can see this daily at DU.  The reason they can't think of one is because there is no reasonable explanation of how such conspiracies would function exists.  They bear no relation to reality and are just a concoction made from the way their supporters would like to believe the world operates.  It's like a four year old believing in the Easter Bunny.  How does he do it?  I dunno, maybe magic, but I get candy every Easter so it must be!

Hush money? Would $100,000 make a family keep hush hush? And who has gone around and tallied up all the families to see if the numbers mathched? Im not even saying there is a conspiracy.

It is a known fact that the US Media is controlled by the US govt in this time of war. If you remember at the beginning of the war it was said that the US Military PSY OPS were controlling the media and censoring information about the war from both sides.

You're implication that 10k plus military families are covering up their loved ones deaths for money is simply disgusting.  You really are detached from the real world, and not in a good way.  I'm not even going to respond to the media allegations.

You know, we used to kill people for spreading enemy propaganda during wartime in this country.  It's called treason.  If you disagree with the war and want to make a cogent argument, fine, I can respect that.  But you either need to smarten up or blow your brains out-you do not deserve to live in America.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:18:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks

Smells like  in here.

im not trolling, i was seriously just looking for an actual number, as i was curious about it, since none of us knew for sure
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:19:09 PM EDT
[#47]
HKS, you are a moron.

You probably don't even know what a battalion is, or how many troops are in one.  A battalion is not 1000 troops. Very few come anywhere close to that size, and a large percentage of them are under 500 soldiers. Where did you get that number from, your ass?

Second, that transcript says we have a battalion sized element killed, wounded or injured. That includes everything from sprained ankles to broken thumbs, all things that are counted but the soldier will be returned to duty.

Stick to talking about things you have a clue about. The very fact that you have to use a lie (that a battalion is 1000 soldiers) to back up your claims shows you are either ignorant or just willing to lie to try to make a point.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Im not using a quote out of context.  I NEVER said the US military was invovled in a conspiracy.  

I feel like im talking to a bunch of muppets.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
HKS, you are a moron.

You probably don't even know what a battalion is, or how many troops are in one.  A battalion is not 1000 troops. Very few come anywhere close to that size, and a large percentage of them are under 500 soldiers. Where did you get that number from, your ass?

Second, that transcript says we have a battalion sized element killed, wounded or injured. That includes everything from sprained ankles to broken thumbs, all things that are counted but the soldier will be returned to duty.

Stick to talking about things you have a clue about. The very fact that you have to use a lie (that a battalion is 1000 soldiers) to back up your claims shows you are either ignorant or just willing to lie to try to make a point.

I made the same point about the injuries a while back.  He has yet to respond because he is mentally incapable of processing the information, determining the relevance and fitting it into his outlook.  He's either rationalizing it away with more bullshit or humming with his fingers in his ears.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#50]
btw, this retard HKS is feeding us a US News & World Report pdf like it's a fucking rock-solid evidence of ANYTHING - after Newsweek posts about a Koran flushing that wasn't, after Time lies again and again about events in Iraq - we're supposed to give a fuck.And on top of it all, this jerkoff posts a 118 page PDF and expects us to search it all.

If you know what committee, and you know what Senator, then run along back to the LLLiberal shithole you are copying and pasting this shit from HKS, and ask your Master what f'n PAGE the cite is on.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top