Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2001 10:12:14 AM EDT
H&K P7 M13s!

I was just taking my lunch stroll around Washington DC's Tidal Basin where a lot of tourist are checking out the Cherry Blossom.

I noticed the U.S. Park police in uniform was carrying a P7 M13.

I wanted to steal his magazines but thought of the consequences.

Must be more expensive to train and arm them with these unique squeeze-cockers.  I wonder why they didn't go with regular Glock/Sig/Berettas?
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#1]
the P7' only down side is the cost and with the M13 model the grip is too wide for some.

the gun is probably the most accurate out of the box gun you will find, might even beat out some custom jobs. simplicity in its operation, the advantages of the squeeze cocker design are too numerous to mention, excellent reliablity.
one major reason is that most criminals wont know to squeeze the cocker back should they take the gun from a cop and try to shoot him with it.
the gun is in a small package so it can be more easily carried concealed.

as you can see im a BIG fan of those guns
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a big fan of P7-M13.

Hence, I wanted to steal his mags to add to the only 2 mags that I have for this great pistol.

Last I check, they're about $145.00 each
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#3]
And here I thought the park police only carried corpses out to ft marcy park
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 12:10:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And here I thought the park police only carried corpses out to ft marcy park
View Quote

And bustin lovers, please read guyngal, having
intimate interludes. They should be carrying
American made guns!
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#5]
My ex- Dept tried the H&K P-7 on a trial basis and found some of the test subjects had "accidental" firings.  They scared the Dept off of the gun.  Heard that there's been more than a few people put a round in their thigh on drawing...Like anything else, it reuires developing a competence level.. I remain Glock fan to the end.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to attempt to keep a current list of which duty handgun was used by each Dept. / Agency, but It's become way too confusing. ( My primary focus was on all 50 state agencies, the large, capital city forces, & the federal agencies. ) In my opinion, shooting an HK P-7/M13 is like trying to shoot a 2x4. The original P-7 is OK I guess, if you care for that method of operation, but the M13 is just too big. If I remember correctly, only the NJ State Police, Utah Hwy Ptl, US Park Police & one or two other decent size Dept's ever issued the P-7 series. I can't see why the US Federal LE community just doesn't settle on one brand of duty handgun, thereby making everything much easier for all concerned. The way it looks, a good portion of the Feds are now using or in the process of changing over to Glocks. But, the SIG family still has a firm foot in the door. ( And I guess it's only fair to mention the Beretta users, as US-INS / Border Ptl still issues the M-96 DAO in .40 ) Are there any other board members out there that share an interest in current LE duty weapon choices ?? If so, I'd really appreciate hearing from them. The last "weapons issue" list I managed to compile was about 5 years ago, and MUCH has changed since then. Many agencies had no sooner changed over to 9's, when the .40 trend took everyone by storm. If anyone shares my interest in this subject, feel free to contact me at; [email protected]  Regards,  Dom Pastore Jr.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Sometimes, the decision of which duty weapon to issue is based on the opinions of dept. management. therefore,if someone in that capacity is a fan of a particular option, or also, if some dealer has an open ear, then a decision is made from that influence...[heavy]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top