Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 1/11/2005 10:42:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 10:44:08 PM EDT by NYPatriot]
Yup, Reuters & Syrian terrorists are pillars of credible reporting!

No matter... the leftist media & America haters far and wide will lap this BS up like buttermilk.  

www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1318966/posts

FORT HOOD, Texas (Reuters) - A former inmate at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison forced by U.S. guards to masturbate in public and piled onto a pyramid of naked men says even Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein did not do such things.

The inmate testified on Tuesday at the court martial of reservist soldier Charles Graner, accused ringleader of guards who engaged in the abuse, which prompted outrage when pictures of the sexual humiliation were published around the world.

"I couldn't believe in the beginning that this could happen, but I wished I could kill myself because no one was there to stop it," Hussein Mutar, who was sent to Abu Ghraib accused of car theft, said in videotaped testimony.

"They were torturing us as though it was theatre for them," he said, as the prosecution wound up its case against Graner on assault, dereliction of duty and other charges that could bring him up to 17 and a half years in prison.

An obviously ill-at ease Mutar added: "I was extremely emotional because (even) Saddam didn't do this to us."

Graner and Private Lynndie England, with whom he fathered a child and who is also facing a court-martial, became the faces of the Abu Ghraib prison scandal after they appeared smiling in photographs that showed degraded, naked prisoners.

Since the scandal erupted last year, the Bush administration has blamed it on a small group of soldiers.

But investigations have shown many prisoners in Iraq, Afghanistan and at the U.S. Navy base at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba also suffered abusive treatment after the government looked at ways to obtain more information in its war against terrorism.

SEXUAL HUMILIATION

At the trial military prosecutors have presented evidence not seen before in public from Abu Ghraib, including a video of forced group masturbation and a picture of a woman prisoner ordered to show her breasts.

Graner's lawyer Guy Womack argues his client was only following orders to soften up prisoners for military intelligence agents. He said activities such as making human pyramids with naked hooded prisoners were not illegal.

In earlier video testimony on Tuesday, Ameen Al-Sheikh, a Syrian who said he went to Iraq to oppose the U.S. occupation, declared," Graner was the primary torturer."

Al-Sheikh, well known in Abu Ghraib for having once obtained a gun from an Iraqi guard and exchanged fire with American soldiers, appeared wary in his testimony.

"That Graner guy is a man who hurt his country, hurt his people and I think he will receive his punishment," he said. He said Graner forced him to eat pork and drink alcohol, practices against his Islamic religion.

Graner said outside court of the man, "The last time I saw him he was threatening to kill me."

Three soldiers in Graner's former unit had testified on Monday about his key role in stacking naked prisoners into a pyramid, putting a leash on a prisoner and other abuses in the highest security area of the prison just outside Baghdad.

Two investigators testified that they had identified prisoners shown in the abuse pictures as common criminals arrested on charges including robbery, assault and prostitution.

On Wednesday, the defence will open its case that will include testimony from Graner.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:45:53 PM EDT
This is teh nutz.

Of course these criminals had it worse in Abu Ghraib than under Saddam. UNDER SADDAM THEY HAD FREE REIGN OF THE GOD DAMN COUNTRY!!! That's why they're in prison now!!!! Who are these organ donors that write this crap?

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:47:56 PM EDT
Saddam didn't make the masturbate or build pyramids of naked men...he just fed them foot first into a wood chipper or boiled them alive in oil.

Good comparison there.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:49:01 PM EDT

And to think the idiots on the left will parrot this!

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:51:40 PM EDT
There are folks in San Francisco that'd pay good money to get the Abu Ghraib treatment, I bet.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:52:46 PM EDT
Well ya see since Saddam is being held in a secret location. . .

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:59:48 PM EDT
Worse than Saddam?!?!?!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:24:48 PM EDT
That article is the biggest bunch of crap I have seen in a long time. The authur is either ignorant or has an agenda. Could be both.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:34:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 11:35:19 PM EDT by Misery]
Word is, Saddam was a DJ at night in his prison.  This photo captioned "I'm l33t DJ & have mad sk1lls" was found in Iraq.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:44:14 PM EDT
Worse than when under Saddam?  I guess if you consider naked pyramid stacking worse than torture of oneself and family followed by execution then I suppose so.  Non-public degradation or physical torture and murder, man that is a hard choice.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:19:22 AM EDT
……… Liberals!

Some of Saadam and his regimes favorite tortures……

Feeding people into industrial paper shredders… alive… in front of their families

Lowering people into acid baths… alive… in front of their families

Skinning people… alive… in front of their families

Roasting people  on a spit… alive… in front of their families

Making people drink petrol then pushing a rag into their mouths and lighting it…

…… yeah, panties on the head and jerking off are MUCH worse than this……

ANdy
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:13:00 AM EDT
^I thought you guys called it "having a wank"
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:19:20 AM EDT
i guess prison is supposed to be a cakewalk outside the US.

somebody send them the first season of OZ.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:12:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Sam_Rothstein:
^I thought you guys called it "having a wank"

Both are equally common here in the 51st State…
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:26:12 AM EDT
51st state?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:35:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:44:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rn45:
51st state?

51st State of the USA = Britain,

Britain is often jokingly called the 51st State because America is so influential on Britain and British Lifestyle and the two countries are such close friends…

ANdy
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:51:29 AM EDT
Abu Ghraib -- Naked guy lead around on a leash

Sadaam -- Your tongue and fingers are cut off

But Abu is worse, so says a SYRIAN INSURGENT.

Hmmm.

Nope. Just couldn't swallow that load of horse poop.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:52:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By vito113:

51st state?

Britain is often jokingly called the 51st State because America is so influential on Britain and British Lifestyle and the two countries are such close friends…

ANdy

All your pubs are belong to us.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:52:11 AM EDT
Vito:
The IRS will be calling you tomorrow about some back taxes you owe us, then.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:12:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Kharn:
Vito:
The IRS will be calling you tomorrow about some back taxes you owe us, then.

Kharn

Steady!  Last time we started talking about Taxes you lot threw us out!

ANdy
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:30:22 AM EDT
Ok, maybe I'm slow here, but how the hell do you FORCE a prisoner to masturbate?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:34:25 AM EDT
Yep, a little humiliation is FAR FAR FAR worse than the torture Saddam's men perpetrated against Iraqis...

Like... where they would restrain your feet and beat the crap out of them so you couldn't walk

OR... where they'd string you up to the ceiling and electrocute your ass

OR.. where they'd beat you to a bloody pulp with sticks and other implements

OR... where they'd beat you with cattle prods....

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:36:51 AM EDT
waiting for the multi-million law suite
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:40:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By vito113:

51st state?

ANdy

I thought it was Canada. Of course, we are drifting apart as we grow older.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:16:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2005 5:19:36 PM EDT by AK_Mike]
No one even mentioned the raping/torture/execution of wives and other family members in front of the prisoner during the torture and execution.  It just wouldn't be the same without it.  Saddam's torture is entertainment for the entire family.

Remember all the torture chambers we kept running across, many of which were in their jails and police departments?

Remember, Saddam was chief of the secret police before he used his power to usurp complete authority, torturing and executing his way to the top.  His boy Uday would not only happily perform torture for kicks, he would get off watching video tapes of torture and execution (he couldn't personally do it all himself, but give him credit for trying).
Top Top