Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2008 8:32:26 AM EDT
U.S. warship arrives in Georgian port city of Poti

TBILISI, Georgia (AP) - A U.S. destroyer arrived in the Georgian port city of Poti Saturday but was not carrying any humanitarian or military aid, the U.S. Embassy said.

The USS Barry -- part of the 6th fleet based in Naples, Italy -- arrived at midday in the Black Sea port, a spokesman for the U.S. Embassy in Tbilisi said on customary condition of anonymity.

He said it was a routine visit and not connected to tensions in the region after an August war between Georgia and Russia over the breakaway republic of South Ossetia.

Humanitarian aid deliveries to Georgia aboard U.S. warships have drawn sharp criticism from Moscow.

The August war erupted when Georgian troops launched an offensive to regain control of South Ossetia. Russia sent in troops, which quickly routed the Georgian military and pushed deep into Georgia where they remained for weeks.

The war followed years of increasing tension between Russia and Georgia, whose pro-Western President Mikhail Saakashvili has cultivated close ties with Washington and pushed to bring his nation into NATO.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
fuck obama

oh wait

putin as well
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#2]
They're in the Port o' Poti

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

i68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/Gunkadink/Portapotty.jpg

Well played.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You've been saving that for just the right time, right?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've been saving that for just the right time, right?

Oh Jesus, LOL
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Actually, that's not far from the truth, though it has been 10 years since I was there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top