Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2007 7:55:12 AM EDT
I received a letter from them www.USClaimsServices.com and told me I have close to $1K of my money unclaimed under my name and they even have my SS#. Of course, they're asking for $60 up front to process my claim.

Checked their website, seems legit, but I can't find any reviews or feedback on the web searching their company name...

Have you used them before and are they legit ?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:57:42 AM EDT
You can do your own google search, state controller by controller, where you have lived. There is also a free national web site.

If you want to pay me $60 to do a simple google on your name, I will do it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:59:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bcochran:
You can do your own google search, state controller by controller, where you have lived. There is also a free national web site.

If you want to pay me $60 to do a simple google on your name, I will do it.

+1

You can do this on your own.

Also do a search for the state and "unclaimed money" or "unclaimed property"
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:59:54 AM EDT
I subscribe to the concept that if someone wants me to pay them so that they can pay me, something ain't right.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 8:03:24 AM EDT

This company sends out letters to consumers informing them that they have unclaimed funds being held by a government agency. Consumers are then asked to pay a fee to claims these funds. Once consumers pay the fee to the company, what they receive is a list of agencies that can help with information only or they may offer to sell information about the unclaimed fund to the consumer for a percentage or value of the fund.

Info Here
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 8:15:00 AM EDT
Thanks for the help and advises on searching State Unclaimed Money, I just did it myself and filled out the unclaimed money form from Texas Controller, gonna have more money for ammo.

Thank you !
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:50:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gunner73:
Info Here

sweet! I just found my older sister between 10 and 100 bucks. Someone ought to pay me $60 to do that!
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:56:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FredMan:
I subscribe to the concept that if someone wants me to pay them so that they can pay me, something ain't right.

How so? All they do is search IRS, city, county, etc. paperwork and see who hasn't claimed their stuff, such as overpaying taxes or a class action lawsuit that went through. They tell the people they found "something" and if you give them 60 bucks, they'll do all the paperwork and direct you to get your stuff. So, they just do a google search, go through a city's or county's lost and found, and tell you.
Top Top