BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2001 10:50:56 AM EDT
The latest propoganda from the U.N. -
[center]__________________________________[/center]

U.N. Is Alarmed By Protests From U.S. Gun Owners
Friday, July 6, 2001

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

UNITED NATIONS -- The United Nations is investigating whether irate letters and e-mails it has received from American gun enthusiasts protesting an upcoming conference on the illicit trade in small arms constitutes a security threat.

The world body has received about 100 complaints from Americans who erroneously believe the conference seeks to infringe on their right to bear arms, U.N. Undersecretary-General for Disarmament Jayantha Dhanapala said Thursday.

The gun-rights enthusiasts did not threaten physical harm to any U.N. official but their protests were strongly worded and were turned over to U.N. security experts, Dhanapala said.

The letters and e-mails started arriving in recent weeks, some signed and some anonymous, alleging that the U.N. is attempting to take away guns from people, in conflict with the constitutional rights of U.S. citizens, Dhanapala told a news conference.

"I did not get the impression that they have been orchestrated," he said.

Dhanapala's office released a pamphlet called Setting the Record Straight "to address the misconceptions they contained and explain what the conference hopes to achieve.

"The focus of the conference is on illicit trade in small arms, not the legal trade, manufacture or ownership of weapons," the pamphlet stressed. "The U.N. conference will have no effect on the rights of civilians to legally own and bear arms."

.....YEAH - RIGHT!.... like I'm going to believe that....

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By The Sniper:
.....YEAH - RIGHT!.... like I'm going to believe that....

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
View Quote

Their problem is that they haven't worded their goal in an appropriate way. If they had said "The focus of the conference is on illicit trade in small arms to war zones..." instead...
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#2]
How could their possibly be an "illicit trade" in a war zone?

Their goal is complete disarmement of their subjects.  The world will be a utopia (for them) then.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By The Sniper:

The world body has received about 100 complaints from Americans who erroneously believe the conference seeks to infringe on their right to bear arms, U.N. Undersecretary-General for Disarmament Jayantha Dhanapala said Thursday.

[b]The Sniper
View Quote

Am I seeing straight?!!!!!!

100 COMPLAINTS??????? Like One-Zero-Zero???

And they're 'concerned' about it????

Jeez, if the U.N. could really be so responsive to merely 100 COMPLAINTS, HELL maybe I'll reconsider my position on the UN....

Maybe not.

This little revealing tidbit goes to PROVE (IMO) that the UN has ulterior motives for even this press release...

Pacify and Conquer.
That's the ticket!
QUOTES:

"....investigating whether irate letters and e-mails it has received from American gun enthusiasts protesting an upcoming conference on the illicit trade in small arms constitutes a security threat."

"...but their protests were strongly worded and were turned over to U.N. security experts,..."

They know they have no jurisdiction for now, but notice the IMPLIED threat and intimidation.
So 100 "irate" protests from "American gun enthusiasts" shall automatically become a security issue?
But of course, it's the UN!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Death to tyrants, and their cohorts WHEREVER they be!

TYRANNOCTUNUS
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How could their possibly be an "illicit trade" in a war zone?
View Quote

No, I said TO war zones, not IN war zones. You know weapons embargos, stuff like that.

You're slacking on the reading comprehension there hielo.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Honestly, I don't dive a Flying F**k what they say about illicit or legal trade in small arms in the United States... it's none of their F**king business!

Just a little pissed about the whole UN ball o' crap.

Tyler [;D]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Honestly, I don't dive a Flying F**k what they say about illicit or legal trade in small arms in the United States... it's none of their F**king business!
View Quote

I agree with the second part. I do care about what they say, cause some people in the US (read the antis) might actually think they something worth listening to, and then we're back in deeper shit. But yes, I agree that it's none of their business.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#8]
This of course coincides with their "Destroy all Guns" celebration they are going to do on the 9th.  I suggest along with the previous suggested "National Buy a Gun Day," we should get together on some public picnic grounds that have port o'potties, and throw in the holes: copies of the U.N. charter, pictures of the Secretary General, U.N. flag, and copies of every anti 2nd Amendment literature we can get our hands on, plus pictures of your favorite anti gun personnality.  Remember, we are not advocating that these publications should be destroyed or prohibit distribution, as that would be a violation of the egg suckers 1st Amendment rights, but this is an exercise of our 1st Amendment rights to urinate and deficate on these publiactions, flags, and pictures.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#9]
If those dumb NATO/UN sons of bitches, want to stop the illegal gun trade, then why the hell are they letting those drug-dealing, pimping Albanians stock up?  And it's going on RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR F*%$ING EYES!!!  They should deal with real threats and leave the law abiding people alone.

They should dissolve NATO/UN, their mission died with the USSR.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If those dumb NATO/UN sons of bitches, want to stop the illegal gun trade, then why the hell are they letting those drug-dealing, pimping Albanians stock up?  And it's going on RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR F*%$ING EYES!!!  They should deal with real threats and leave the law abiding people alone.

They should dissolve NATO/UN, their mission died with the USSR.
View Quote

In case you're not aware of it NATO and the UN are two completely different entities with completely different purposes for their existance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top