Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/11/2002 5:24:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/11/2002 5:28:00 PM EDT by satcong]
[b]OPERATION MOUNTIAN LION[/b] — Something very secret is happening in the mountains above Miram Shah. Until a few months ago, this forsaken corner of Pakistan’s Northwest Frontier Province was effectively off-limits to the Islamabad government’s own security forces. Tribal elders were the unchallenged rulers of Waziristan, as the area is called. Now foreign troops are said to be roaming the high country, going anywhere they choose and apparently looking for something important. A shepherd named Ghulam came down a few days ago and told of being stopped and searched by English-speaking soldiers. “One of the Americans helped me round up my sheep after they questioned me,” he told NEWSWEEK. Another local tribesman reported seeing a squad of seven Americans. When Pakistani authorities heard his story, he says, they forced him to sign a statement that the GIs were on the Afghan side of the border. “But they were actually in Pakistan,” he insisted, even as he signed. [url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/747872.asp?0bl=-0[/url]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:26:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/11/2002 5:41:45 PM EDT by satcong]
[b]Got a van, Loaded with weapons, Packed up and ready to go.... [/b] This aint no disco, This aint no Party, This aint no foolin around.... No Heebie Jeebies.... I ain't got time for that now!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:29:52 PM EDT
Good. We don't need to be pussyfooting around with those a-holes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:36:08 PM EDT
Is'nt the first part of that verse... Got a van, Loaded with weapons, Packed up and ready to go.... I always knew this board would devolve into The Talking Heads, before it was all over. Darn it, Satcong beat me to the Talking Heads Quote!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:41:12 PM EDT
Damn! Forgot about that!!!!
Top Top