Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2004 12:02:51 PM EDT
Not sure how accurate it is, was just on CNN. They said the pentagone is investigateing 25 deaths of Iraqi prisoners while in US custody. Two have already been determined to be murder, one by a ARMY soldier who threw a rock at an Iraqi prisoner, killing him and another said to be a CIA contractor.  Interesting shit !!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Right after the ground war ended, there was a case involving Marines and the death of a prisoner.  I never found out what happened.  I hope it didn't pan out.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Top Stories - Reuters

U.S. Probe: Two War Prisoners Murdered by Americans

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. military has investigated the deaths of 25 prisoners held by American forces in Iraq (news - web sites) and Afghanistan (news - web sites) and determined that two prisoners were murdered by Americans, one an Army soldier and the other a CIA (news - web sites) contractor, Army officials said on Tuesday.

An Army official said that a soldier was convicted in the U.S. military justice system of killing a prisoner by hitting him with a rock, and was reduced in rank to private and thrown out of the service but did not serve any jail time.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said a private contractor who worked for the CIA was found to have committed the other homicide against a prisoner.

Word of these investigations came as the Pentagon (news - web sites) continued to investigate the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by U.S. forces at the Abu Ghraib prison on the outskirts of Baghdad.

This is some bad sh*t.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, considering any insurgents captured in Iraq and 'stan are not POW's under the Geneva convention, and are non-uniformed combatants, this is what is supposed to happen to them under International Law. You're supposed to execute them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Until I hear actual proof, I'm going to assume this is bullshit, and just media jumping on the "prison pictures" bandwagon and trying to come up with even more sensational news.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]
sigh, here we go...
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
sigh, here we go...

Yep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top