Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/30/2005 8:13:19 AM EDT
With millions of hispanics running around the country, the US gets tough...kicking out a German high school student who has been here for years, who speaks perfect English. Yes, him staying here is against the "law", but again, LE doesn't understand the concept of context.

www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051230/NEWS02/512300383/-1/NEWS

U.S. insists on deporting German teen
'No remedies' for Putnam County student, immigration official says
Photo
Manuel Bartsch and his girlfriend, Ashley Painter, enjoyed her high school prom last spring, but the German native faces the prospect of being deported before he can graduate next year from Pandora-Gilboa High School in Putnam County.

Zoom | Photo Reprints

By JENNIFER FEEHAN
BLADE STAFF WRITER

GILBOA, Ohio - A Pandora-Gilboa High School senior will not be allowed to stay in Putnam County until he graduates and will be deported to his native Germany, immigration officials said yesterday.

"There are no remedies available here in the United States for the kid. Today we're one step closer to enforcing the removal," said Greg Palmore, spokesman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Detroit.

Manuel Bartsch, 18, has been held in a Bedford Heights, Ohio, jail since Dec. 21, when he went to the immigration office in Cleveland to try to straighten out his legal status. Born in Germany, he was brought to the United States in 1997 by his step-grandfather, who, at the time, was his legal guardian.

Mr. Bartsch had only a 90-day visa waiver and had not questioned his citizenship until he tried to get a Social Security number, a driver's license, and proper documents. His step-grandfather returned to Germany earlier this year.

"Usually in these cases, there's always two sides to it," said David Leopold, a Cleveland attorney who is representing Mr. Bartsch for free. "In this case there seems to be one thing the government can do and that's to let him finish high school. I don't think what we're asking for is unreasonable."

Supporters in Putnam County and even many who did not know Mr. Bartsch were outraged by the case.

"I understand the laws. I understand what's happened since 9/11, but the kid is not a terrorist. The kid is just a normal 18-year-old who wants to graduate from high school and better himself by going to college," said David Bzovi, who coached Mr. Bartsch on the Pandora-Gilboa football team this fall.

Mr. Leopold had filed a request asking immigration officials to let Mr. Bartsch stay in the country until July so he could graduate. He holds out hope that they might change their minds.

"They continue to have the ability to do the right thing," Mr. Leopold said. "This decision can be reviewed by anybody at the Department of Homeland Security in the line of authority, including [Secretary] Michael Chertoff."

Mr. Palmore said Mr. Bartsch simply did not qualify for what is known as deferred action.

Mr. Bartsch had overstayed his 90-day visa waiver, a document typically granted for tourists from qualifying countries such as Germany. When a visitor overstays a visa waiver, the government has the right to deport that individual without the benefit of going before an immigration judge.

Still, Mr. Leopold said, Mr. Bartsch's case is different from that of an adult who comes to the United States and deliberately stays longer than allowed.

"What's unusual is he's in this situation absolutely through no fault of his own," Mr. Leopold said. "He was brought here as a young boy, and he didn't have any obligation or responsibility to understand what his status was here."

Asked if those circumstances were taken into consideration, Mr. Palmore said, "Overall law is taken into consideration. The law is black and white. There is no gray area in the law. We don't have the luxury of turning our cheek. The law spells it out accurately and precisely."

He couldn't say when Mr. Bartsch would be deported, but immigration policy is for it to happen within 90 days, he said.

Karen Blankenship, a neighbor and friend, said that across Putnam County people were signing petitions and writing letters in support of the young man. His 44 classmates have vowed that "they won't graduate without him," she said.

Pandora-Gilboa Superintendent Dale Lewellen said teachers have come into school over their holiday break to write letters of support for Mr. Bartsch.

"I think it would be a great thing if he would be able to finish his education," Mr. Lewellen said. "From looking at his records, it would seem like he's overcome some difficult situations and managed to stay on track."

Mark Wellman, chief of staff for U.S. Rep. Paul Gillmor (R., Old Fort), said Mr. Gillmor is among the lawmakers trying to help out in the case, although their influence is limited.

"We can't change the outcome. They have to follow the law," he said, adding, "We hope it works out for the kid."

Contact Jennifer Feehan
at [email protected]
or 419-353-5972.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Wouldn't be surprised if he is be kicked on precisely because he is white.  LE doesn't have to deal with any "community activists" or be accused of racism in the media, and they can claim that they "did something" on illegal immigration.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but from the tone of your intro, I suspect if Manuel Bartsch were from Mexico, you'ld have no problem with him getting the boot.  I feel bad for the young man, but he is here illegally.  He needs to go home.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:20:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Tough shit.  Get in legal or get out.  What's this "oh he's a good kid we should just ignore it here", crap?  Yes, it should be applied to the Mexicans too, but that doesn't change his status.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wouldn't be surprised if he is be kicked on precisely because he is white.  LE doesn't have to deal with any "community activists" or be accused of racism in the media, and they can claim that they "did something" on illegal immigration.  

I heard the kid speak on the local tv (via phone from his jail cell in Cleveland) and there is no way anyone could tell he wasn't American. According to the article above, he came here in '97, so one would think he knows German as well. However, I could have sworn on the local news they said he didn't know German, which would bring the '97 date into question (wouldn't be the first time the Blade made a mistake). From the way he spoke English I wouldn't doubt he didn't know German, or it was poor at best. This kid is getting the screw job, just like you said, so they claim they are tough on illegals...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:20:30 AM EDT
[#5]
How about we just treat everybody the same.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That may well be true unfortunately.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:21:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but from the tone of your intro, I suspect if Manuel Bartsch were from Mexico, you'ld have no problem with him getting the boot.  I feel bad for the young man, but he is here illegally.  He needs to go home.

How many Mexicans come into the country speaking perfect English, so well in fact that no one knows they are illegal?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:22:20 AM EDT
[#8]
All illegals must go.
Hans, Abdul, Hector, Chung Chow, Jim, Maria, Susan etc
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:23:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How many Mexicans come into the country speaking perfect English, so well in fact that no one knows they are illegal?

How does thier English speaking ability impact on thier status as illegal?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

How about we get rid of the 20 million spanish speaking illegals first, then go after English speaking German illegals that are perfectly integrated into society last?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How does thier English speaking ability impact on thier status as illegal?

I personally would take illegals that speak English over any legal immigrant that doesn't...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about we get rid of the 20 million spanish speaking illegals first, then go after English speaking German illegals that are perfectly integrated into society last?

Yeah!  Wait till he graduates from college and starts a job here before you bring the hammer down!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#13]
We had a young man up here get convicted for meth distribution a couple of years ago.  Turns out, his family emigrated here legally from Mexico when he was two years-old but, for whatever reason, he never became a citizen.  After he does his time on the drug charge, he will be deported to Mexico.

The punchline?  He doesn't speak Spanish.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know...maybe 6? That's just a low-ball guess.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah!  Wait till he graduates from college and starts a job here before you bring the hammer down!

An illegal going to college, getting a good job, and marrying his American gf and starting a family, that will be raised with English as their native tounge...you're right, get him the fuck out of here!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those 6 should stay then, along with this kid...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

An illegal going to college, getting a good job, and marrying his American gf and starting a family, that will be raised with English as their native tounge...you're right, get him the fuck out of here!

Or you deport his ass when he shows up wanting documents he can't have because he's here illegally.  Or we can just consult "squeezecockerp7m8" in each case to determine if this person speaks good enough English to warrent the "squeezecocker exception".  

back at ya.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those 6 should stay then, along with this kid...

Agreed.

I'm sure there are tens-of-thousands of immigrants who come here illegally and work hard to make money for a better life. They don't take advantage of social services, they don't commit crimes, they live quiet lives, and I have no problem with them whatsoever. It's just so unfortunate that the people in that category are scarcely heard of because the of the other extreme who are only here to leech on our society (Elian Gonzales for example).
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Overstayed his visa, is here illegally = good boot.

To the get Mexicans first crowd: Don't you think that MAYBE, just MAYBE the INS/DHS needs to prosecute a few whites first specifically to point to the fact that mass deportations of other illegals is NOT racist, but just following the law?

If they cut the nice little german kid slack when he can go home to relatively prosperous western Europe, how are they going to possibly deport (reassign?) the "undocumented workers"?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:36:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

G*d D*mned it all the F*cking h*ll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

To the get Mexicans first crowd: Don't you think that MAYBE, just MAYBE the INS/DHS needs to prosecute a few whites first specifically to point to the fact that mass deportations of other illegals is NOT racist, but just following the law?

If they cut the nice little german kid slack when he can go home to relatively prosperous western Europe, how are they going to possibly deport (reassign?) the "undocumented workers"?

Very good point.  Equal treatment under the law.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

When have we started mass deportations of other illegals?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very good point.  Equal treatment under the law.

Equal treatment, nice theory...hasn't happened, won't happen...When you are in a nursing home where every worker speaks Spanish you can think back to how the US got tough with this kid in the name of equal treatment...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

And that's the real bitch with race relations in America.  In order to avoid charges of racism, no one is allowed to exercise common sense or take individual circumstances into consideration.  The kid looks like the kind of person we want in America.  We should help him to stay here legally within the law - and it has nothing to do with race.  But in order to appease the race-mongers like that whore Jackson, we'll kick him out.  Unfortunately, this attitude permeates our society.  Zero tolerance laws in schools are the same thing.  Can't just crack down on the banger with a 9 in his pants, also have to kick out the white kid who leaves his deer rifle in the truck.  This PC crap sucks, it is unjust, and it has no place in this country.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

You suspect wrong.

The difference is, the illegal mexicans come here illegally by crossing the border. This kid was here legally and just let his visa expire. If a mexican was here with a visa that ran out before he could renew it, I would like to see him given a chance to stay too. But we all know the police aren't allowed to check mexicans for US citizenship, it's racial profiling
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:02:47 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You suspect wrong.

The difference is, the illegal mexicans come here illegally by crossing the border. This kid was here legally and just let his visa expire. If a mexican was here with a visa that ran out before he could renew it, I would like to see him given a chance to stay too. But we all know the police aren't allowed to check mexicans for US citizenship, it's racial profiling

You weren't the one I was speaking to.

So what if he was here illegally simply because of an expired visa.  A temporary visa is just that...temporary.  When it expires, the person is expected to return to his country of origin.  If he doesn't we will assist him in doing so.  It's about damned time we started enforcing that.  If we had been enforcing it with vigor before, several of the 9/11 hijackers wouldn't have been in this country.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Wouldnt that be nice if they treated hispanics and arabs the same as the white kids they want to deport?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
We had a young man up here get convicted for meth distribution a couple of years ago.  Turns out, his family emigrated here legally from Mexico when he was two years-old but, for whatever reason, he never became a citizen.  After he does his time on the drug charge, he will be deported to Mexico.

[nelson]HAW-HAW![/nelson]

He'll learn it in jail.

As for Herr Bartsch-

he broke the law. End of story. 'Raus!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:43:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Update:

www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051231/NEWS02/512310419/-1/NEWS

Student gets reprieve on deportation
German teen may yet finish senior year at Pandora-Gilboa High
Photo
A bond hearing has been set for Manuel Bartsch, shown with girlfriend Ashley Painter.

Zoom | Photo Reprints

By JENNIFER FEEHAN
BLADE STAFF WRITER

GILBOA, Ohio - A Putnam County high school student jailed and facing deportation received a temporary reprieve yesterday.

An immigration judge in Arlington, Va., granted an emergency motion filed yesterday morning by 18-year-old Manuel Bartsch to postpone his deportation to Germany and hold a bond hearing so that he can get out of jail while the matter is worked out in court.

"Now he can go before a judge, get bond. That will get him out and let him finish school," his attorney, David Leopold, said. "It's a better moment than we've had in a while."

Mr. Bartsch, who has been locked up in a jail in Bedford Heights, Ohio, since Dec. 21, is expected to be moved to the Seneca County jail in Tiffin before Wednesday's bond hearing.

Supporters of the Pandora-Gilboa High School senior and football player were encouraged by the latest development.

"I'm just ecstatic that he'll get a chance at least to have a hearing and a chance to get back to school," said Richard Wahl, president of the Pandora-Gilboa school board. "If the judge will allow him to get out of jail, it sounds to me like the young man can work on almost a normal life until the end of the school year."

Photo
Members of the Pandora-Gilboa basketball team, with the help of Ashley Painter, sign a petition to support Manuel Bartsch.
( THE BLADE/ANDREW MCMURTRIE )
Zoom | Photo Reprints
The reprieve came a day after immigration officials denied Mr. Leopold's request to allow Mr. Bartsch to remain in the United States until July so he could graduate from high school.

Mr. Bartsch came to the United States in 1997 with his step-grandfather under a 90-day visa waiver, a document typically granted to tourists. Because he had failed to return to Germany within the 90-day period, immigration officials said he was not entitled to appear before a judge or have a bond hearing.

Mr. Leopold said Immigration and Customs Enforcement informed him yesterday that they were preparing travel documents for Mr. Bartsch "so they could [deport] him at any time."

The news prompted him to file an emergency motion with the immigration court in Arlington, which has jurisdiction in Ohio. In his motion, Mr. Leopold argued that Mr. Bartsch could not have been here under a visa waiver because twice in 1998 he and his grandfather traveled to Canada and were permitted to leave and re-enter the United States.

"If you leave the country and come back in, it's a different status," he said. "They couldn't have given him another visa waiver. The law says if you violate a visa waiver, then you'll never get another one, so technically he couldn't have been on a visa waiver."

Mr. Leopold admits it's a legal technicality, but still it apparently was enough to persuade Judge Wayne R. Iskra to grant the emergency motion and set the video bond hearing.

"Someone finally listened," Mr. Leopold said.

Mr. Bartsch's story has garnered nationwide media attention. Born in Germany to parents he never knew, he was adopted by his grandmother, who died in an accident in 1994. His stepgrandfather, a U.S. citizen, brought him to Gilboa in 1997, where he began attending Pandora-Gilboa schools. His step-grandfather returned to Germany after Mr. Bartsch turned 18 earlier this year, and the young man has been living with friends since then.

Mr. Bartsch's troubles with immigration began when he tried to get his legal status worked out so that he could get a driver's license and a Social Security number and think about applying for college.

But when he went to an appointment with immigration officials in Cleveland on Dec. 21, he was promptly put in jail and told he would be deported.

Classmates at his small high school about 70 miles south of Toledo have been circulating petitions of support for him and planned to turn out in full force at last night's basketball game with Columbus Grove to gather more signatures.

"More than anything we want him to know that we're supporting him," said Corinne DePue, a senior at Pandora-Gilboa.

Contact Jennifer Feehan at:
[email protected]
or 419-353-5972.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:49:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Deport him.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:52:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Deport him.

I'd like to deport your whole fucking state...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:55:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:02:34 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1...  and i think there's more then 20 million of them

i agree that illegals all need to get the boot, but i don't agree with the government's reason for deporting this kid - it's not because he's german; it's because he's white, and the government can say they're tough on illegals without actually doing anything about the estimated 30 million south american illegals.  

they're kicking this kid out, but they're working hard to give drivers licenses and voting rights to the mexican nationals that are here illegaly.  and this kid has actually adapted to our society unlike the other illegals who are forcing us to change.  i'm sure i'm not the only one that thinks this is beyond fucked up
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:04:10 AM EDT
[#35]

his visa expired EIGHT YEARS AGO. glad to see INS is on top of things.

with that kind of track record, they can at least let him graduate before deporting him.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:05:16 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1...  and i think there's more then 20 million of them

i agree that illegals all need to get the boot, but i don't agree with the government's reason for deporting this kid - it's not because he's german; it's because he's white, and the government can say they're tough on illegals without actually doing anything about the estimated 30 million south american illegals.  

they're kicking this kid out, but they're working hard to give drivers licenses and voting rights to the mexican nationals that are here illegaly.  and this kid has actually adapted to our society unlike the other illegals who are forcing us to change.  i'm sure i'm not the only one that thinks this is beyond fucked up

+1
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

with that kind of track record, they can at least let him graduate before deporting him.

He also left the country twice in 1998 and was allowed back in. The only reason they caught him was he was trying to be legit and went into the office...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:17:11 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I arrested a guy from Thailand whose student visa expired 5 years ago.  Thailand is a country of interest/terrorism so ICE reluctantly put an INS hld on him at the jail after i called them and hounded them about it.

FWIW; many of the 9/11 hijackers were here on expired student & tourist visas.  An expired visa holder is no less illegal than a border jumper.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:21:24 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I arrested a guy from Thailand whose student visa expired 5 years ago.  Thailand is a country of interest/terrorism so ICE reluctantly put an INS hld on him at the jail after i called them and hounded them about it.

FWIW; many of the 9/11 hijackers were here on expired student & tourist visas.  An expired visa holder is no less illegal than a border jumper.  

Did any of those 9/11 hijackers play on their high school football team and take their high school sweatheart to the prom?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

an excellent point, however i would like to see them go after border jumpers with the same enthusiasm used in going after this kid.  

when millions of illegals are crossing the border, we can only assume that a few terrorists make it across as well.  hell, 51 suspected terrorists have already benn caught trying to cross.  it's kind of scary to think about how many have actaully made it...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#41]
This is bullshit in my opinion.

Yes, he shouldnt be here illegally BUT he is trying to adapt to our society and working to be a productive member of society!
How the fuck are you going to punish those trying to fit in, and those who dont you just let'm go again and again and again.

Fucking stupid ass government.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:27:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Update:

www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051231/NEWS02/512310419/-1/NEWS

Photo
A bond hearing has been set for Manuel Bartsch, shown with girlfriend Ashley Painter.

Ok fine.  Let him finish his senior year, then SEND HIM HOME.  If he wants to come back, that's great, but make him do it legally.  If we do anything else, we're giving ammunition to all of the amesty supporters.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#43]
The reason why the German kid is deported while millions of 3rd world illegals are tolerated is because the system wants die-versity.

For more details, go read DEATH OF THE WEST by Pat Buchanan.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:25:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Update:

Photo

Ok fine.  Let him finish his senior year, then SEND HIM HOME.  If he wants to come back, that's great, but make him do it legally.  If we do anything else, we're giving ammunition to all of the amesty supporters.

Wrong, deport him now, and he is ineligible to ever get another visa to enter the US.

He committed fraud, he came here on a 90 day tourist visa!!!!

These visas are given to people who are supposed to come here to spend dollars and see the country, not get an education paid for by us, or get jobs.  Those are different visas with more stringent background checks that are given out in fewer numbers in order to make sure American citizens get the first shot.

This is not the first time the kid heard of it, he has to have been committing fraud for years, how'd he enroll in school?  This is bullshit and people are sticking up for him.

He is just as illegal as any other illegal immigrant.  I can feel sorry for someone on a tourist or emergency visa that is having trouble getting an extension because their friend/relative here is living a little longer with the cancer than previously thought.  If someone in that situation overstayed until they passed despite the INS, I'd be on their side.

But a foreign citizen coming here on a 90 day tourist visa and staying for 9 years and getting an education paid for by us isn't a misunderstanding.  He was trying to get a social security number now?  Bullshit, this guy and his guardian have been hiding it for years, do they have no insurance, never seen a doctor, again how'd he enroll in public school all with no SSN?  The reason he finally has to try to get a real SSN is he's graduating and will definitely need it to get work.

And their excuse is he went to Canada and came back?  In the past getting into Canada from the US at most required a stop at a little toll booth where a guy asks where you were born.  I'm sure he lied.  How does that legal argument even work?

And the kicker, its a win-win for the kid now because even if he loses the court case, it will delay his deportation long enough for him to get his diploma, paid for by US taxpayers.

I'm generally pro-immigration, but very against all illegal immigration.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

+1

We have a winner!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
The reason why the German kid is deported while millions of 3rd world illegals are tolerated is because the system wants die-versity.

For more details, go read DEATH OF THE WEST by Pat Buchanan.

+1

Deport this kids just so some judge's sense of equity isn't pricked. But we really need to change our immigration laws back to more what they were before the 1960s.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#47]

"I understand the laws. I understand what's happened since 9/11, but the kid is not a terrorist. The kid is just a normal 18-year-old who wants to graduate from high school and better himself by going to college," said David Bzovi, who coached Mr. Bartsch on the Pandora-Gilboa football team this fall.

That's exactly the problem.  We can't have any of that self-improvement junk going on here!!  

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Geez, 8 years, he's  been here for 8 years, at least let him stay and finish high school, he's been here this long.

Then deport him.

And give him an application to come back, legally.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Suppose it would be bad for the US to make a "staging point" where all illegals would get dumped? (think escape from LA)

Then roudn them ALL up, and dump them on some stupid small little island, make sure it is in shark infested waters, and make sure it is understood that the gurads patrolling the waters between the island and the Continental US are told to shoot first
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Dude, that could make a pretty good sitcom!  The show could involve the hilarious hijinks he gets into each week trying to jump the border and stay one step ahead of the migra, and every episode ends with him getting deported back to Mexico.

Or it could be a fish-out-of-water thing set and filmed in Mexico.  The actors would be really cheap to hire that way.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top