Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 8:35:43 AM EDT
Do any of you not have patches of the US Flag on your uniform?  If not why?  

IF you work in a different country, do you have your nations flag on your uniform?

I thought it was curious that some municipal agency's didn't have the US flag on the uniform.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#1]
FWIW, most of the flags on state LEOs tend toward the state thier working in.

Mike

ps - why do you ask? Ya think if he's wearing his state's flag instead of the US flag he's un-American?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually I have my Country's flag on my uniform.  The Great State of Texas.  Are you trying to tell me that there is another country besides Texas?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#3]
No TX or US flag.  Why?  Cause the brass don't want em.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#4]
The US flag was part of our patch design.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Police - Department patch on both shoulder, with a US flag incorporated into the design.

Fire - Dept. patch on L shoulder, US flag (reversed /"marching" position - union up &  forward ) on right.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Our uniform has the County patch on both shoulders. But I've had a US Flag in my skin for 8 years now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Our Dept. patch design incorporates both US and TN state flag.

Since you brought it up, how many times have you noticed the US flag improperly displayed (standard flag on right shoulder) on PD uniforms?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#8]
The reason I ask is because we don't.   I've noticed many dept's don't and wonder why.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The reason I ask is because we don't.   I've noticed many dept's don't and wonder why.  

We don't. Why should we? We are not leaving the country so nobody needs to identify us as Americans.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#10]
We used to - one side was a departmental patch, the other an American flag.  However, it was pointed out that the flag on the shoulder was facing the wrong way for that shoulder.  The newest patch design has the OH state flag in the design, and is worn on both shoulders.  However, since the change, an enamel flag pin is now issued and worn over the nameplate.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes. I do.

Obviously.

Gotta go buy the IR reflective ones though for my ACUs. Those cost a pretty penny.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:04:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess it goes back to the days of being in scouting and wearing a flag.  
Point taken regarding not leaving the country.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:28:12 AM EDT
[#13]
does this count?

It has the flag within the patch

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:07:42 AM EDT
[#14]
The PD that I work for now has the department's patch on the left shoulder and the American flag on the right, facing incorrectly. However the class B uniform that most of us wear on duty has subdued departmnet patches on both shoulders and no flag anywhere. I've never worn a flag patch before I moved where I live now and every dept. in the area wears a flag shoulder patch. I don't get it though. Is there any doubt that we are in America?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#15]
The thought around here is that you want the big, readily identifiable agency patches with the word "POLICE" visible on both shoulders.

We do authorize a US FLag medal-type ribbon for wear over the name tag, senior to all other decorations, and probably about half or more of the officers wear those, although they are a private purchase item. I bought them for my whole shift last year as kind of a "Sergeant's award" thing, and they all wear them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#16]
No flag on our patch or uniform either.  There is a small flag on my name plate, but that's it.  I do have a subdued US Flag on my LBT/CBRLE TAC vest, but I don't wear it that often while I'm on duty.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top