Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2010 11:20:09 AM EDT
I see alot of republican bashing going on, and i have to agree with many points, all except for tax. Born just miles from one of the last titans of manufacturing located in the USA, I've witnessed first hand the pains of the fleeing manufacturing. Taxes have pushed manufacturing out of the United States. Some would argue that cheaper wages were the motivational factor, but with a corporate tax rate of near 50%, i beg to differ. So the government pushed the cost vulnerable manufacturing out of country, so what? Also, as the prosperity of the US grew, workers became to harbor a sense of entitlement. Demand for wages grew and in the late 1960s, the UAW strong armed an agreement that from every annual rengotiation contract from then on forward, the UAW could only leave the table with a better position. Workers rights are great, but thats a guaranteed slow death for the company and ultimatley, workers sealing their own demise.  

The USA has traditionally been, and still is led by technology and innovation, thats what keeps us on top. I agree with the US being prosperous due to harboring a great many technological advances, but theres a major flaw in the relying on this industry for safety; the interenet.

Maybe our own economy's doom, the invention of the internet cut down the cost of doing business overseas nearly entirely. Leading the way in technological advancement no longer requires a major hub in the USA, work can be done simultaneously around the world. The US has traditionally offered professional visas to scientists and engineers around the world to effectivly brain drain the world to our benifit. However, with the advancement of communication technologies and the internet, the reasons for leaving one's home country for the USA are diminishing. Safety might be the last large attraction to the US, and with developing countries picking up our manufacturing and growing more advanced, that edge is on its way out.

So, our manufacturing has been pushed out by high taxes and a feeling of entitlement by american workers, our technology can no longer be cornered into the US, and our economy is showing the effects.

Luckily friends, there is an answer. Irradicate the parisite that is starving us. Kill big government, lower taxes, and the economy will grow again. Taxes scare off business, business makes us all wealthy. How many tax increases have created jobs outside the government? Whens its more cost effective to ship advisors over to find a spot, build a factory, train workers, handle logistical difficulties, and ship the product back, theres something very wrong in our own country.

Government: your not entitled to what I've earned, go away.
Americans: get off your high horse and lets go to work, or else china and india would love to take it from you as they have been
How to impliment this change: research and vote! I dont care if its democrat, republican, tea party, libritarian, lower taxes!

I'm a J.D. student with a BA in finance and soon to be economics, I've lived a stones throw from Detroit my entire life and witnessed people getting fat off of the auto companies that were, "too large to ever fail."

My attempt at understand the other side of the argument, is that many pro tax advocates believe there is such thing as a utopia, we just need to choose it. My rebuttle to this argument is simple, your utopia could be possible if there weren't 7 billion people living on $2 a day on this earth. They are a massive, mostly untapped, resource that is just waiting to devour the $50 / hr UAW worker. There just aren't enough resources on this earth to go around, and im confident i speak for most americans, i like my hamburgers and boats, so ill do it what it takes to defend them. In this case our most immediate defense is becoming more efficient, i.e. killing our 50% lame duck partner.

So, whats your thoughts ar15.com? Love to hear it!
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I am already subscribed to this newsletter.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#2]
And the democrats 'solution'?  More taxes of course, comrade!
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#3]

There are many among us who believe that 'Tax and Spend' is the proper course.

I just don't understand it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#4]
There is no single factor that can be blamed for any major problem. The permanent loss of some American jobs is due to several factors. Yes, taxation is a factor in businesses moving production to other countries, but I believe that wages, environmental protections, work place safety regulations and employee rights play a much larger role in the decision to leave America.

The allure of being able to pay people slave wages for long hours of work without being required to provide paid vacations, dental coverage and health care, while also being able to dump hazardous bi-products down the drain instead of paying for handling and disposal of harmful substances, or being allowed to use cheaper toxic substances instead of being required to use more expensive less toxic materials, is intoxicating for businesses. You can increase profit margins exponentially.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#5]
My taxes this next season should be the same, but the taxes for 11 Im gonna get hosed as Obamas change kicks in then
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#6]

even "cheaper labor" is a result of government intervention. make minimum wage $35/hr and see how much manufacturing we have left...

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Kill big government.............

If it really becomes necessary to issue 1099s for every >$600.00 cumulative transaction, don't file electronically.

If every taxpayer/corporation sends in paper they'll choke on it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I see alot of republican bashing going on, and i have to agree with many points, all except for tax. Born just miles from one of the last titans of manufacturing located in the USA, I've witnessed first hand the pains of the fleeing manufacturing. Taxes have pushed manufacturing out of the United States. Some would argue that cheaper wages were the motivational factor, but with a corporate tax rate of near 50%, i beg to differ. So the government pushed the cost vulnerable manufacturing out of country, so what? Also, as the prosperity of the US grew, workers became to harbor a sense of entitlement. Demand for wages grew and in the late 1960s, the UAW strong armed an agreement that from every annual rengotiation contract from then on forward, the UAW could only leave the table with a better position. Workers rights are great, but thats a guaranteed slow death for the company and ultimatley, workers sealing their own demise.  

The USA has traditionally been, and still is led by technology and innovation, thats what keeps us on top. I agree with the US being prosperous due to harboring a great many technological advances, but theres a major flaw in the relying on this industry for safety; the interenet.

Maybe our own economy's doom, the invention of the internet cut down the cost of doing business overseas nearly entirely. Leading the way in technological advancement no longer requires a major hub in the USA, work can be done simultaneously around the world. The US has traditionally offered professional visas to scientists and engineers around the world to effectivly brain drain the world to our benifit. However, with the advancement of communication technologies and the internet, the reasons for leaving one's home country for the USA are diminishing. Safety might be the last large attraction to the US, and with developing countries picking up our manufacturing and growing more advanced, that edge is on its way out.

So, our manufacturing has been pushed out by high taxes and a feeling of entitlement by american workers, our technology can no longer be cornered into the US, and our economy is showing the effects.

Luckily friends, there is an answer. Irradicate the parisite that is starving us. Kill big government, lower taxes, and the economy will grow again. Taxes scare off business, business makes us all wealthy. How many tax increases have created jobs outside the government? Whens its more cost effective to ship advisors over to find a spot, build a factory, train workers, handle logistical difficulties, and ship the product back, theres something very wrong in our own country.

Government: your not entitled to what I've earned, go away.
Americans: get off your high horse and lets go to work, or else china and india would love to take it from you as they have been
How to impliment this change: research and vote! I dont care if its democrat, republican, tea party, libritarian, lower taxes!

I'm a J.D. student with a BA in finance and soon to be economics, I've lived a stones throw from Detroit my entire life and witnessed people getting fat off of the auto companies that were, "too large to ever fail."

My attempt at understand the other side of the argument, is that many pro tax advocates believe there is such thing as a utopia, we just need to choose it. My rebuttle to this argument is simple, your utopia could be possible if there weren't 7 billion people living on $2 a day on this earth. They are a massive, mostly untapped, resource that is just waiting to devour the $50 / hr UAW worker. There just aren't enough resources on this earth to go around, and im confident i speak for most americans, i like my hamburgers and boats, so ill do it what it takes to defend them. In this case our most immediate defense is becoming more efficient, i.e. killing our 50% lame duck partner.

So, whats your thoughts ar15.com? Love to hear it!

get a membership and hang out in team.  you're much too smart for GD
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#9]
It's true that the internet is taking many jobs from Americans.  It's very easy to hire people from all over the world now, who can afford to work for pennies.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Tiny government, low taxes,  little incentive to be lazy....it's what success is built on.

Change the formula and the results change.

CJ

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#11]
You left out unions.  

They have a nasty track record of driving up cost of goods produced, while lowering the quality of those same goods.  

Especially the UAW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top