Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2002 7:09:24 PM EDT
Did anyone ever hear back on the US Marshal testing from last year? I know a lot of people who received their scores(me included) but none have yet to hear from the Marshal Service regarding the hiring process. It all kinda died with the 9/11 attacks. Just checking.

ASO544
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
They can be real slow, as it took some guys 3 years to get hired after the test.

There are 4 1811 classes and 4 082 classes projected to be held next fiscal year.

There is a 082 class in training right now, not sure if there are any others after that until Oct., which starts the new fiscal year.

It's actually hard to get classes trough at FLETC because there are so many agencies increasing thier numbers.

Just curious but did you apply to TSA/Air Marshals also?

Did you test under the shining star program?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
AMEN TO WHAT HE SAID. I TESTED BACK IN THE 80'S
IT TOOK THEM OVER 2 YEARS TO GETBACK TO ME
AFTER I TESTED. I ALREADY ACCEPTED ANOTHER JOB.
BESIDES GS 5 (15,OOO) IN NYC WAS REDICULOUS.
NOW THEY HAVE ALL SOURTS OF PAY INCENTIVES. BE
PATIENT.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#3]
As already mentioned, be patient.  I think my process took about 12-14 months to get hired... I can't remember.

Also, as already mentioned, FLETC is booked solid.  There is a push to get training moved to Camp Beauregard, LA, where SOG is based.  This would avoid the crowding (and other FLETC issues).

We'll see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top